Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
When I changed mine it just friction fit in, no glue needed.

As an aside, during my "repair" the power light got disabled, so my E-Nano is a bit unique 😉 .
I wouldn't trust just friction. And if your light got isable from the repair, you've probably somehow disconnected the wiring of the light.

Seek,

twain55

I wouldn't trust just friction. And if your light got isable from the repair, you've probably somehow disconnected the wiring of the light.
iirc it went it perfect and it won't move. Much better than the original that broke. Didn't want to mess with glue, and it didn't seem as if it had even been used by Epic. And yes, I understand the light wiring is messed up. I tried to connect it but couldn't get it to work.

twain55,

cannasoor

cannasoor,
Reactions: cosimo

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
iirc it went it perfect and it won't move. Much better than the original that broke. Didn't want to mess with glue, and it didn't seem as if it had even been used by Epic. And yes, I understand the light wiring is messed up. I tried to connect it but couldn't get it to work.
i guess i' could try that at least, it is not holding in place very well by friction by itself, but I haven't tried screwing the base back in yet, that could squeeze it in solid

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
But still I would really like to have some official answer what glue they used there, it felt like superglue when i was breaking the old one out (it wass really hard to get it out, had to break the plasticaway bit by bit with various tools, so glad I did spare the wood of any collateral damage). I'm still a bit apprehensive about not using any glue at all, given the shape oif the base, it will surely be impossible to push the socket inside the wiring cavity once reassembled, but I'm not ruling out pulling the socket out if you pull the cord out with enough force.

Seek,
Top Bottom