disco_trooper

For now I'm heating my M+ with torch lighter, but I know I'll eventually grow tired of it. Do you guys have any recs for IH that I can order in EU? Thanks.

disco_trooper,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
For now I'm heating my M+ with torch lighter, but I know I'll eventually grow tired of it. Do you guys have any recs for IH that I can order in EU? Thanks.
Go for the Ispire Wand. I've also had a Lucid Custom and Orion V1 and V2. The Wand is 10.000 times better.
I think the cheaper you'll find in the EU is LCV. If you choose to buy from them, try to apply the coupon code FC13LCV10.

disco_trooper

Go for the Ispire Wand. I've also had a Lucid Custom and Orion V1 and V2. The Wand is 10.000 times better.
I think the cheaper you'll find in the EU is LCV. If you choose to buy from them, try to apply the coupon code FC13LCV10.
Neat, thanks! Do I need any additional accessories for my M+ to be able to use the Wand?

disco_trooper,
Reactions: Franco

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Neat, thanks! Do I need any additional accessories for my M+ to be able to use the Wand?
No problem! :tup:
As for the accessories... lots of people claim you don't really need an adapter with the Wand, and I can assure you it works very well without one.
However, I find myself using this adapter for convenience most of the times. :2c:

coolbreeze

I'm just trying this now but the nine-fin may be the perfect vong tip: big hits with less heat flowing to the wood.
IMG-4748.jpg

So far I am not trying for one-hit roasts, but it seems to produce bigger hits with great flavor. The most noticeable thing so far is that the first hit is almost as big as the followups. It seems pretty different at first blush.

EDIT: The throat must be tapered, the Omni condenser tightens to almost closed.
I believe a drop in flame strength from the lighter being almost empty led to some slower heating last night; I could hardly avoid a 1-heat session. The flavor made me check after a second heating and the duff was shrunken and wet-coffee dark. Same with the next bowl. The 9-fin really does seem different.

coolbreeze,

Gnome34

Hey DynaFam, hope everyone is well and enjoying some of the new products Dynavap has been bringing out lately.

I have been working on a new project, a Quartz heater for the Vapcap. Since the Quartz Cap was inspired by the Vapcap, I thought one day, why not try a QC style heater on a VC? And here we are!

20230607-082552.jpg

There are 2 sizes, on the left is 1.25mm thick, 10.5mm ID. It works great for heat and hit temp stepping. On the right is 2mm thick with 11mm ID. Its great for one hit extraction. They both greatly improve airflow and convection. I have been testing glass versions of these for more than a month and have come to really enjoy them. The quartz works just as well if not better. I will have these available starting Friday. Im looking for feedback and to see how people are using them. Here are some demo vids

Dip N Sip Style

One N Done Style
@RogueGuy

Are this listed on your site currently? Can't find them if so!

Gnome34,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
They’re up now, I just ordered a pair.
Just to make it slightly easier:

Gnome34

Just to make it slightly easier:
Thank you! Got my order placed and picked up a terpsicle as well.

nicknobody

The 9-fin is a custom Simrell/DV tip. Simrell ran a pre-sale for them on his site. Hopefully he will open it back up once his orders are caught up.
Got an email they are back in stock and ready to ship

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
@tinctorus put the PT Glass items up on his site and I couldn’t resist the glass Dyna tip with cooling stem. Combining that with the new convection caps from @RogueGuy and I will soon have an all glass Dynavap. If you think hitting the M looks like a crack pipe, just you wait!

canadianvapelife

Debating getting the devil's pitchfork but wondering if it's a pain to heat. I love using my wand but it definitely looks like the pitchfork wouldn't work with it. Use a torch and spin like with a single dynavap?

canadianvapelife,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
A friend let me try his vapcap b for a few days and its friggin´ awful! The tip itself works but is unpleasant to look at. The body is a masterpiece of horror: Silicone that traps any smell and dirt, and of course its almost impossible to fully clean. Weird shape that makes it not sit as it should in a bong. And why does it retain so much heat?

This is the worst dynavap i have ever tried (And i have tried a lot). Even the chinese knock offs are better!!! And the price is absurd! 45€ for a cheap steaming pile of crap! an m2020 is the same price or cheaper and much much better.

I have not been the happiest dynavap customer these recent years with their price hikes and qc issues but this thing just shatters any remaining confidence i had in their future.

Luckily i have my old trusty 7-fin ti woody xls (which cost 79,99 dollars in 2017 with hand crafted stem and mouthpiece and much better manufacturing), its incredible seeing their decline in quality and performance in recent times.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is the worst dynavap i have ever tried
Same.
I like my B
Same.

On the one hand, it's the Dynavap you win at the county fair. On the other hand, ain't nothing wrong with that. My only substantial problem is that mine tasted a little metallic at first but that seems to have subsided. I'd recommend an M(+) over it. Or maybe the B+, that was pretty cool if you don't mind the silicone; the half-bowl is fine but as a second bowl, imho.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Added an armored cap to my VonG, it’s a definite upgrade. Though if I’m honest, it feels years overdue from DV. If they had continued to innovate with their cap design as they did with stems and tips, it feels like they would have come up with this a lot sooner.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Added an armored cap to my VonG, it’s a definite upgrade. Though if I’m honest, it feels years overdue from DV. If they had continued to innovate with their cap design as they did with stems and tips, it feels like they would have come up with this a lot sooner.
It does feel like they’ve gone from being proactive to reactive, but they also can’t foresee every trend that will catch on.

Timps27

It does feel like they’ve gone from being proactive to reactive, but they also can’t foresee every trend that will catch on.

If you leave a design exactly as it is with no revision or innovation, it is 100% guaranteed to get passed by. It’s not like they tried a couple things with the cap and were wrong, they literally designed it once and then were like “Congrats, we solved cap.”

Timps27,

coolbreeze

I think there's also a reluctance to become something they never intended to be. My understanding is that the portability, quick heating, short session, and quick cooldown are key features they envision for how they want it to work. I think the M+ tip and the 9-fin tip both work within that model to achieve a more aggressive, possibly single-hit, the AC and FMJ bend it a little in terms of heating/cooling speed. Whatever they do, I hope that some form of DV that operates in the OG mode remains in the lineup: I don't think I see a need for them to become something else when others are covering that more powerful range with really amazing approaches that are quite different than what we'd recognize as a Dynavap--I'd hate to lose the utility that the DV has and they don't.

Timps27

FWIW and IMHO, the AC doesn’t change the DV experience, its still conduction heavy and roasts. But it has made my use more convenient; instead of spin/place/draw, spin/place/draw, spin/place/draw; it’s now place/heat/draw/draw/draw.

coolbreeze

FWIW and IMHO, the AC doesn’t change the DV experience, its still conduction heavy and roasts. But it has made my use more convenient; instead of spin/place/draw, spin/place/draw, spin/place/draw; it’s now place/heat/draw/draw/draw.
That's what I like about it, too, and the FMJ is similar, maybe even better for one-hits. But I don't take either out of the house--not sure they even fit the stash--because of the heatup and cooldown. It could be managed, I'm sure, but OG is so easy and reliable for hiking and so forth.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Timps27

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
If you leave a design exactly as it is with no revision or innovation, it is 100% guaranteed to get passed by. It’s not like they tried a couple things with the cap and were wrong, they literally designed it once and then were like “Congrats, we solved cap.”
They did iterate with the captive cap and low temp captive cap. Not mind blowing updates but they did consider different use cases and how it could be improved in some way.

Timps27

This is becoming redundant, a couple of detents for security and a few degrees variability in auditory feedback is not innovation, it’s the most minor of tweaks which should be absolutely expected as a matter of course.

Timps27,
Top Bottom