coolbreeze

That's both helpful and not rofl. I loved my old dyna because it could kick like an lsv or be a tasty mellow experience.

I may have to eeny miney moe this lol
Sorry, I think the M+ would probably be more like the older Ms, and the '21 is sorta less aggressive, to overstate it a bit. Truth is, you can't go wrong. The M+ stem spins really nicely if you're a torcher.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Sorry, I think the M+ would probably be more like the older Ms, and the '21 is sorta less aggressive, to overstate it a bit. Truth is, you can't go wrong. The M+ stem spins really nicely if you're a torcher.

No need to apologize! Based on the M+ being more like the older models, and it being easy to spin, I think that's what I'll go with. I'm a torcher. Something about the needing to learn and hone the technique has led to me falling in love with butane vapes.

Call me crazy, but the dyna is somehow more satisfying than an lsv, og cloud, or extreme q in my experience. Idk. Perhaps I'm crazy.

Regardless, thank you!

jbm

Call me crazy, but the dyna is somehow more satisfying than an lsv, og cloud, or
Nah, you’re fine. DV gets a lot of crap around here both deserved and undeserved. If it works for you, great. I don’t really get the vapapocalyptic (“this vape DESTROYS all other vapes ever and if you don’t immediately buy one and trash all your other vapes you’re an idiot. I got completely blasted just LOOKING at it”) attitude around here sometimes.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Nah, you’re fine. DV gets a lot of crap around here both deserved and undeserved. If it works for you, great. I don’t really get the vapapocalyptic (“this vape DESTROYS all other vapes ever and if you don’t immediately buy one and trash all your other vapes you’re an idiot. I got completely blasted just LOOKING at it”) attitude around here sometimes.

Thanks, I meant it solely as this little thing satisfies me more than most of the other vapes I’ve had. Not saying it’s the quantifiable best Vape. It just resonates with me really strongly.

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Thanks, I meant it solely as this little thing satisfies me more than most of the other vapes I’ve had. Not saying it’s the quantifiable best Vape. It just resonates with me really strongly.
I love 'em too. I have 'better' vapes that I like more for this or that but I use my DVs constantly. I like the hit, the simplicity, the control, the initial flavor, the stony high, the look, the feel, the customizability...You hear, 'oh, they're just a metal tube,' but they are one heck of a metal tube!

jbm

Sure. I meant you weren’t acting like that in contrast to others. I was agreeing, though not clearly, apparently, with you.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I love 'em too. I have 'better' vapes that I like more for this or that but I use my DVs constantly. I like the hit, the simplicity, the control, the initial flavor, the stony high, the look, the feel, the customizability...You hear, 'oh, they're just a metal tube,' but they are one heck of a metal tube!
Vapcaps in various forms are still the most common vape I use out of the house. I have enjoyed many iterations and I still do. They are certainly the easiest things I own to have in my pocket. Then again, I had a dugout in my pocket or my glove compartment for many, many years.

coolbreeze

Vapcaps in various forms are still the most common vape I use out of the house. I have enjoyed many iterations and I still do. They are certainly the easiest things I own to have in my pocket. Then again, I had a dugout in my pocket or my glove compartment for many, many years.
Same. The dugout/stash made it conceptually easy to transition and is perfect for the DV not only for the convenience but for placing the magnet at the center of the ritual, eliminating the first source of combusted hits.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
How nice are the simrell vortex all in one stems? Just discovered their summer sale and the cost of one vortex plus the m+ tip equals out to what the m+ is as a whole unit. I’m tempted to just grab the sale vortex and a tip and cap…

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Gnome34

How nice are the simrell vortex all in one stems? Just discovered their summer sale and the cost of one vortex plus the m+ tip equals out to what the m+ is as a whole unit. I’m tempted to just grab the sale vortex and a tip and cap…
I don't use my vortex at all anymore.

I do use my BB(any and all numbers!) the most. Really like the BB6 and have a backup at all times. I've broken two BB stems in the past few years.

On the go I will choose the revolve. Though lately I'm only using a dynavap with an induction heater. So I don't tend to take it out and about much.

Ramble all rambled, I found the vortex to be a very slight improvement over the stock condenser etc. The BB lineup cools better than the vortex and is in the ballpark of the revolve.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I don't use my vortex at all anymore.

I do use my BB(any and all numbers!) the most. Really like the BB6 and have a backup at all times. I've broken two BB stems in the past few years.

On the go I will choose the revolve. Though lately I'm only using a dynavap with an induction heater. So I don't tend to take it out and about much.

Ramble all rambled, I found the vortex to be a very slight improvement over the stock condenser etc. The BB lineup cools better than the vortex and is in the ballpark of the revolve.

Good to know. I think you just saved me a bunch of money, thanks!

I think I'll just stick with the m+ then. Maybe snag an omni down the road

Farid

Really curious to hear how people are liking the helix tips. What really piqued my interest (besides the awesome looks) is the reports that it can kill a bowl in one hit easily. I am able to kill a bowl in one hit with my regular spiral style TI tips, but I always go a little past the click. Curious if it heats and cools quicker too.

Regardless, I just ordered one. It'll be interesting to see how it performs, since I'll be using an older cap, not one of the new captive ones.

coolbreeze

Really curious to hear how people are liking the helix tips. What really piqued my interest (besides the awesome looks) is the reports that it can kill a bowl in one hit easily. I am able to kill a bowl in one hit with my regular spiral style TI tips, but I always go a little past the click. Curious if it heats and cools quicker too.

Regardless, I just ordered one. It'll be interesting to see how it performs, since I'll be using an older cap, not one of the new captive ones.
Same here. I read it was a good flavor tip, like the Omni. Can't wait to try it--supposed to land tomorrow.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Yeah they look pretty sleek. I think it'd look good with the m+stem.

I just realized that I primarily used the cyclone torch with my old Ti woody. Something tells me that I should start with a single flame with the m+....

coolbreeze

I'm really tempted to order one of these helix tips while they're being discounted, but I kind of want to hear some other reviews of it first.
Yeah I'm quite interested to see how people like the helix.
Just got it. After one bowl: it seems fairly aggressive, I got 3 big hits and a cleanup. I used a pocket Eagle set to .5 inch, slightly over half-way down the cap, to the clicks for a surprisingly large first hit, then another big one, I checked the herb and it was lighter than I expected and very even. Got a third big hit, and then a smaller cleanup. No real notes on flavor, airflow seems good but I'll have to check that out further, vapor did seem warm. The wooden stem seemed a little warm as well.

There wasn't any scorched flavor at all, which I might expect with a Ti tip that's producing this much vapor.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hmmm. So it is noticeably different than other tips, yes? Hard to know until you have had it for a while if this is a good or bad thing. I may have to give it a go...

At a minimum it looks very pretty in the pics...

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Just got it. After one bowl: it seems fairly aggressive, I got 3 big hits and a cleanup. I used a pocket Eagle set to .5 inch, slightly over half-way down the cap, to the clicks for a surprisingly large first hit, then another big one, I checked the herb and it was lighter than I expected and very even. Got a third big hit, and then a smaller cleanup. No real notes on flavor, airflow seems good but I'll have to check that out further, vapor did seem warm. The wooden stem seemed a little warm as well.

There wasn't any scorched flavor at all, which I might expect with a Ti tip that's producing this much vapor.

Interesting. Since it's Ti I kind of expected it to be a flavor and airflow beast with its crazy geometry and seeming lack of mass

Top Bottom