Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I like it, despite it being sort of aggressive for my tastes. It is more constricted but not bad.

Absolutely! It will work fine without the condenser, but more reclaim may accumulate on the interior. Simple wipe with a damp q-tip will take care of that though.
I tested it for myself and it did indeed work, but it was actually too open, so I’m settling for packing more loosely, adjusting my cap, and leaving the airport wide open. The bubbler I’m using is also pretty tight on the draw, but noticeably less so with the 18mm Killer that has much wider stems on its WPA.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have a 2021 Omni tip that needs a replacement o-ring. Are all the o-rings on the tip the same size? Never had to replace one on this tip yet. The ones farthest from the bowl seem smaller? 🤷‍♂️

I tried some spare ones I have from a DV kit (the one with wax, pipecleaners, spare screens...) but they seem too large. Are they made for the M or some different tip?

TigoleBitties,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think they are all 6 x 1mm but I'm not positive. The Revolve uses a couple different sizes but I think DV has stuck to the standard. I don't have any tips newer then the 21Vong and Omni tips tho...

disco_trooper

I'm pretty sure it has been answered here before, but it was kinda hard to find the question through search, so I'll go forward anyways.

So, I'm looking to get Dynavap (never had one before) and am deciding between the M, M Plus and M Plus Classic. What are the pros/cons of each? I've read that the M Plus is more aggressive, but that it also can extract all the herb in 1 extraction. Could you guys enlighten me please and give me some tl;dr?

Much appreciated.

coolbreeze

I'm pretty sure it has been answered here before, but it was kinda hard to find the question through search, so I'll go forward anyways.

So, I'm looking to get Dynavap (never had one before) and am deciding between the M, M Plus and M Plus Classic. What are the pros/cons of each? I've read that the M Plus is more aggressive, but that it also can extract all the herb in 1 extraction. Could you guys enlighten me please and give me some tl;dr?

Much appreciated.
Any of these are a great place to start, really. I personally love the '21M: I find them simple, reliable, adjustable between flavor sipping and huge hits, and very forgiving. The M+ is more aggressive, but also does flavor well; it has decent range too. It holds a little more herbs but I think its tendency toward big hits means about the same number per bowl for me. I love the sleek classic M+ stem, but I have to say that for me the killer feature of the M+ is that it is the most spinnable stem since the Hydrovong; it's truly a pleasure to heat.

I usually am not very interested in one-hit clearing, but I would guess that it's much easier to achieve with the M+. Heating at the dots alone is way too aggressive for me, but a preheat at the dots followed by a slow, careful heating of the cap can take you there with more control. The AC is great with the Ms (more control with the SS tip, really good flavor) and makes it easy to control riding the line with the above method.

Dutch-Mic

Much appreciated.

I used all the M vaporizers, except the M+.

The 21M is a great buy, especially now it is for sale on various websites. Like @coolbreeze mentioned, the 21M is very forgiving. The chance of combustion is lower compared to some of the older M versions. The airflow and - to lend a beer term - mouthfeel is also really nice.

The question is what you would prefer: a cheaper (but high-quality!) 21M or a M+ for the one-hit extraction option?

On a personal note: I haven’t bought the M+ yet, because I don’t chase the one-hit extractions. Someday I’ll probably buy one for the M collection, but it is the first time I don’t feel the urge to buy the new M model immediately. A big compliment to Dynavap and the 21M!

Petetbay

I picked up a B lately pretty cheap waiting for the availability in Canada of the M+ tips. I went to put the B tip in the M+ stem and then realized it doesn’t fit because of no orings which I added and now it’s working nice in my Franken B+ with Simrell Stinger. Not really a half bowl guy, but the B tip is pretty nice, big surprise.

Last edited:

disco_trooper

@coolbreeze @Dutch-Mic Thanks for your input! I've ended up getting the M+ version, as it was basically the same price here as the M version.

I've just tried my first extraction. I've heated it using single jet lighter right at the dots until I've heard a click. I've stopped heating right at the click, but I think I still combusted somehow. Herb was kinda black, almost ashy, taste wasn't good. I'll try heating the tip/bottom of the cap next time. Any ideas why could I have combusted?

EDIT: Tried another exctraction, now on the bottom of the cap. This extraction produced little vapor and didn't char the herb, it was light brown colored, nowhere near close combustion. Produced just little of vapor however, 3 heatings total (always waiting for the click signaling the cooldown). Clicked pretty quickly.

EDIT2: On first extraction (the combustion one), I've ground my herb to dust almost, it was very finely ground. Also there wasn't much of it. So my guess is that due to the very finely ground herb, there not being enough of it and heating bellow the cap, it clicked way too late.
On the first extraction, I just "tore" the nug into little pieces and there wasn't much of it. My guess there would be that cap clicked much sooner and it didn't heated the herb much, so there was little of vapor.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
@coolbreeze @Dutch-Mic Thanks for your input! I've ended up getting the M+ version, as it was basically the same price here as the M version.

I've just tried my first extraction. I've heated it using single jet lighter right at the dots until I've heard a click. I've stopped heating right at the click, but I think I still combusted somehow. Herb was kinda black, almost ashy, taste wasn't good. I'll try heating the tip/bottom of the cap next time. Any ideas why could I have combusted?

EDIT: Tried another exctraction, now on the bottom of the cap. This extraction produced little vapor and didn't char the herb, it was light brown colored, nowhere near close combustion. Produced just little of vapor however, 3 heatings total (always waiting for the click signaling the cooldown). Clicked pretty quickly.

EDIT2: On first extraction (the combustion one), I've ground my herb to dust almost, it was very finely ground. Also there wasn't much of it. So my guess is that due to the very finely ground herb, there not being enough of it and heating bellow the cap, it clicked way too late.
On the first extraction, I just "tore" the nug into little pieces and there wasn't much of it. My guess there would be that cap clicked much sooner and it didn't heated the herb much, so there was little of vapor.
On the second extraction, did you do more than one heat up? The first heat cycle on a Dynavap is, in my experience, usually wispy and thin. Heat ups 2, 3, 4 produce a lot more vapor.

coolbreeze

Heating at the dots is very aggressive whatever your technique so there's plenty of risk in the attempt, but it can be done. I think you'll probably get the hang of it once you're comfortable overall with your M+.

I think I'd have to see your technique to see if I can offer anything constructive, but here's how I do it: Set your single flame torch so that the bright blue inner flame is .5"; spin or rock completely your Dynavap constantly (spinning it more quickly seems to delay the clicks a bit) with the cap perpendicular to the flame just outside the inner blue about half-way up the cap until the clicks. Most of the problems people have is from trying to heat faster/more aggressively. Low and slow is the way to go.

There are a handful of ways that you can subtly delay the clicks: tip your DV out of perpendicular slightly so that the bottom of the cap is slightly higher than the tip (the heat will climb the cap in the higher direction, so in this case, away from the clickers); or heat lower on the cap; or lift the DV tip so that you are heating it with the tip of the outer flame. With practice you can reliably get thick vapor at the clicks. The first hit will always be lighter and more flavorful, but you should be producing pretty good vapor otherwise. Grind plays a part, I usually go medium grind or even taking bites out of the bud with the tip.

In any case, keep at it, you'll have it under control in no time. I would suggest delaying the purchase of a heater (if that's in your future) until you're very comfortable torching for a couple reasons: first, it's like falling off a bike, you'll never forget how once you've got it, and two, the pleasures of the manual roast are its own reward.

EDIT: Oh! the dots! Try hitting the dots for just a couple/few seconds before finishing by heating the cap normally, it will boost your towards a big hit. Then play with those parameters until you're purely dots only, maybe.

Last edited:

the_hexx

Team Hash
Heating at the dots is very aggressive whatever your technique so there's plenty of risk in the attempt, but it can be done. I think you'll probably get the hang of it once you're comfortable overall with your M+.
I too find myself charring my flower whenever I try heating at the dots, however this method produces massive and flavourful clouds when using hash :)

disco_trooper

@Monk Debate I did 4 heat ups total on the 2nd extraction, not sure what could have been the problem.
@coolbreeze Tried your pre-heat at dots and then slow heat cap method, it worked nicely had good 3 heat ups of nice vapor.

Thanks for your input, I'll get the hang of it.

disco_trooper,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
@Monk Debate I did 4 heat ups total on the 2nd extraction, not sure what could have been the problem.
@coolbreeze Tried your pre-heat at dots and then slow heat cap method, it worked nicely had good 3 heat ups of nice vapor.

Thanks for your input, I'll get the hang of it.
I don't have an M+, but with the Ti tip my method is to use a single flame torch, hold it so that the tip of the inner blue flame is just barely touching the cap, then rotating continuously as I move the flame up and down the length of the cap for an even roast. On the first hit, cover the airport 3/4 or fully because the first hit will be light so adding fresh air in will thin it out even more. Second through fourth (or up to six) hits, leave the airport wide open. When you take your hit, draw HARD and don't let up until you hear the click or your lungs are full (with the Ti I can get the cooldown click before my lungs are full, with the 2019 M SS tip sometimes my lungs fill before the click). IMO Dynavaps require a hard, long draw of the breath to really produce strong vapor. If you are still having issue getting dense vapor, close the airport while drawing hard and you should get some. You can feather the airport to let in small amounts of fresh air or you can cover it partially the entire time, whatever works best for you.

You can try to heat at the base of the cap exclusively for the first heatup (not on the dots, but at the base of the cap itself) which will take longer to click and will cook the herb more upfront, which should produce more vapor, but the first hit is the only one with any good taste to it and I'd rather sacrifice vapor density for flavor.

Being fully manual, Dynavaps do take some experimentation to find what techniques work best for you. I've been using them for four years now so I don't even have to think about it anymore, but at the beginning there is a learning curve.

coolbreeze

leave the airport wide open. When you take your hit, draw HARD and don't let up until you hear the click or your lungs are full (with the Ti I can get the cooldown click before my lungs are full, with the 2019 M SS tip sometimes my lungs fill before the click). IMO Dynavaps require a hard, long draw of the breath to really produce strong vapor.
Exactly. You can get decent results with a normal draw, but hit it hard and it hits back! Rip it like a doob and you really do get bigger, fatter hits!

You can try to heat at the base of the cap exclusively for the first heatup (not on the dots, but at the base of the cap itself) which will take longer to click and will cook the herb more upfront, which should produce more vapor, but the first hit is the only one with any good taste to it and I'd rather sacrifice vapor density for flavor.
Same. I choose my weed in part based on the scents and flavors and that first hit is the payoff.

MTpromises

When just heating the dimples you have to keep in mind the clicker is in the top of the cap. It takes a second for the heat to radiate up. I found lowering the flame or heat soaking both work, but heating the base and cap is quickest.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hey DynaFam, hope everyone is well and enjoying some of the new products Dynavap has been bringing out lately.

I have been working on a new project, a Quartz heater for the Vapcap. Since the Quartz Cap was inspired by the Vapcap, I thought one day, why not try a QC style heater on a VC? And here we are!

20230607-082552.jpg

There are 2 sizes, on the left is 1.25mm thick, 10.5mm ID. It works great for heat and hit temp stepping. On the right is 2mm thick with 11mm ID. Its great for one hit extraction. They both greatly improve airflow and convection. I have been testing glass versions of these for more than a month and have come to really enjoy them. The quartz works just as well if not better. I will have these available starting Friday. Im looking for feedback and to see how people are using them. Here are some demo vids

Dip N Sip Style

One N Done Style

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey DynaFam, hope everyone is well and enjoying some of the new products Dynavap has been bringing out lately.

I have been working on a new project, a Quartz heater for the Vapcap. Since the Quartz Cap was inspired by the Vapcap, I thought one day, why not try a QC style heater on a VC? And here we are!

20230607-082552.jpg

There are 2 sizes, on the left is 1.25mm thick, 10.5mm ID. It works great for heat and hit temp stepping. On the right is 2mm thick with 11mm ID. Its great for one hit extraction. They both greatly improve airflow and convection. I have been testing glass versions of these for more than a month and have come to really enjoy them. The quartz works just as well if not better. I will have these available starting Friday. Im looking for feedback and to see how people are using them. Here are some demo vids

Dip N Sip Style

One N Done Style
Truly interesting concept. You have to learn when to stop heating as no click, of course. I could see using this Vong like (like the second vid), but straight hitting would be a little scary for me as I would be afraid of it landing on my lap if I wasn't careful. Hot glass and hot metal make me nervous...

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I'm just trying this now but the nine-fin may be the perfect vong tip: big hits with less heat flowing to the wood.
IMG-4748.jpg

So far I am not trying for one-hit roasts, but it seems to produce bigger hits with great flavor. The most noticeable thing so far is that the first hit is almost as big as the followups. It seems pretty different at first blush.

EDIT: The throat must be tapered, the Omni condenser tightens to almost closed.

Last edited:

Gnome34

Truly interesting concept. You have to learn when to stop heating as no click, of course. I could see using this Vong like (like the second vid), but straight hitting would be a little scary for me as I would be afraid of it landing on my lap if I wasn't careful. Hot glass and hot metal make me nervous...
I feel the same, using it natively I'm sure I would accidentally burn myself at some point. This looks great though, especially using through a water piece with the one and done method.

Very cool!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I'm just trying this now but the nine-fin may be the perfect vong tip: big hits with less heat flowing to the wood.
IMG-4748.jpg

So far I am not trying for one-hit roasts, but it seems to produce bigger hits with great flavor. The most noticeable thing so far is that the first hit is almost as big as the followups. It seems pretty different at first blush.

EDIT: The throat must be tapered, the Omni condenser tightens to almost closed.
Nine fin is no longer in production, right? Did you just get lucky on the used market?

coolbreeze

Nine fin is no longer in production, right? Did you just get lucky on the used market?
The 9-fin is a custom Simrell/DV tip. Simrell ran a pre-sale for them on his site. Hopefully he will open it back up once his orders are caught up.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
The 9-fin is a custom Simrell/DV tip. Simrell ran a pre-sale for them on his site. Hopefully he will open it back up once his orders are caught up.
I’ll have to keep an eye on that.

Top Bottom