• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Kaziki

Yeah that would be nice if there was an alternate way. But thanks for the info it fit snug right out the box and the first time I cleaned it now it's a little loose. I didn't even clean the rings lol.

Kaziki,

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hey, does anyone know of any high temp orings that fit the dynavap that can be bought for cheaper (I'm in Canada if that matters) and maybe even more of them at a time? a couple stems seem to rip them up a bit and it's getting really expensive buying them direct or getting those "repair" packs that come with the wax, orings, ccd's, etc....

i remember seeing something about them somewhere, can't remember if it was here or reddit. Just can't seem to find it now... :(

HyDrOpOnIc1987,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Look for a Canadian o-ring distributor. You are looking for "FKM" (Viton) and 1x6 (1mm profile diameter ands 6mm ID).

You might want to chase that burr though. I've lost 1 o-ring in 5 years.

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Look for a Canadian o-ring distributor. You are looking for "KFM" (Viton) and 1x6 (1mm profile diameter ands 6mm ID).

yeah, its a sharp edge that slowly cuts into the oring as its slid in and out of the stem.

Thanks so much for the material and dimensions :)

HyDrOpOnIc1987,
Reactions: TommyDee

GoldenBud

Look for a Canadian o-ring distributor. You are looking for "FKM" (Viton) and 1x6 (1mm profile diameter ands 6mm ID).

I can suggest the other version, not the FKM brother. I'll link to the rings I've had since 2 years ago and worked great. FKM is limited to temp of 204c, the non FKM version is compatible up to 260c. maybe it doesn't matter because the temp doesn't reach 200c there, but better 260c anyway

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I haven't tried the silicon o-rings on the DV. I like the toughness of the FKM/Viton. For thermal consideration, yes, silicon is king.

I wonder if a rolled silicon o-ring would split wooden or glass stems.

TommyDee,

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Enjoying the M plus tip, it stacks up incredibly nicely at the price point it's offered.

As far as heating methods for this tip goes, I was able to achieve one hit extraction by spinning the dynavap while heating right under where the cap is directly on the tip and even some on the cap doesn't cause any glowing if spun at a good enough rate. And this is how I achieved my results.

Airflow on the "B+" s (M+ tip on B body) seems to be configured nicely, I don't cover the airport and get nice milky hits for how portable the device is in the included slingstash.

Wish there was a magnet present. I find myself fumbling with the silicone only removal method but maybe just cause it's a new cap.

Overall A+ on this one DV, a great device for folks looking to get into butane vapes. I think the "B+" is a hit product if it becomes permanent in the lineup
Snapchat-1950593528.jpg

JJ785

Dynavap's ss screens are really expensive around here at £6-£7 for a three-pack and they are quite fragile to boot.

Is the only other option to cut it yourself out of a pipe s.s screen with scissors?

JJ785,

Pinte

You should be able to clean them with iso and they technically should last forever. unless you're just losing them a lot because.. it happens

Pinte,

JJ785

thanks! Didn't realise they came in the same size as the dynavap ones.

The ones linked to in amazon US are available on amazon UK marked up to £18.63

50 screens

Or cheaper, £4.99 for thirty screens.

30 screens

both state 60 mesh with 0.15mm wire diameter.

I find screens easy to lose, as they sometimes fly off somewhere never to be seen again.

coolbreeze

Dynavault opened on the dynavap storefront page. Got a few interesting items. Picked up the obsidium swirl.
I feel like they missed a trick here, this should come with the dynacoil:

(Of course we will have to agree to ignore that yellowjackets have nothing to do with honey; bees make honey and they are completely different from yellowjackets, which are actually hornets/wasps. Yeesh!)

Notcoded419

Has anyone ever seen/received a cap with writing under the top? I ordered a standard (non-captive) cap and there appears to be writing on the disc. I can make out LEX. Is this an error or something I should be concerned about? I'm a little leery of smoking out of this if there's a potential QC issue.

Notcoded419,

Dejavu

Hello...I was wanting to ask a question about IH use and CCD's question.

When using SS ccds, the IH will heat the stainless steel and make the flower on the bottom and temps much higher compared to a titanium screen that in the same IH would not get any heat from the IH?...

so should we use SS if we mainly use a IH for a daily driver?

also are there any reviews on the SS fmj and IH's?

Dejavu,

Cannabiker

Induction coupling works on surfaces. The 'signal' never reaches the CCD.
Thank you! A while back I wrapped a 1/4" steel bearing in hash and dropped it in a Dynavap, trying to see if an IH would heat the ball inside the oven for instant, even hash cooking. Not surprisingly, there was no difference between that and heating the hash by itself--except a little bit of flow restriction. I should have just done a little research first. Now that you've inspired me to look into it, I found this great primer on induction heating: https://rdoinduction.com/fundamentals-of-induction-heating.html

It includes this pertinent explanation:
"If an electrically conducting material is exposed to a magnetic field, eddy currents are induced in the material. Special characteristics of such currents result in a phenomenon which we call “Induction Heating”. The eddy currents are concentrated at the surface of the material. The reason is that at high frequency, the imposed magnetic field changes its direction very fast. Therefore, the induced currents in one direction do not have enough time to penetrate into the depth of the metal before their time is up."

Top Bottom