BlazeDis

Using my 21m tip/cap im able to get single hit extractions by heating up the cap's 'digger' until the first click, this also rules out the spinning. Anyone else discovered this?
That’s interesting , any pics ?
Usually someone’s always knocking any tip from 2019 onwards so might have to go in on one of these 2021 numbers 😊

BlazeDis,

NOLOGO

looking forward to checking this out when imgur is back online!
can u see it now? it's nothing fancy, but it works very well. Surprised I haven't seen anyone else do this yet since it's the only flat spot on the wand.

I have a feeling my time is limited with it staying put in this spot though. Since the magnet does get pretty warm the glue will likely get brittle at some point. (I have a feeling the MadHeaters magnet is a bit thicker than the official Dynavap magnet)

NOLOGO,
Reactions: cybrguy

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Hi everyone, I have been playing around with a simple mod that gives an increase towards convection with the dynavap.

Essentially the tip becomes a mini ball injector head and the stem is the bowl.

Ingredient list:

1. Seven 3mm ruby balls
2. Diy basket screen

Balls go in the tip and a captive cap goes on as normal, but is squeezed so that it is very difficult to take on and off. (Safety first)

A mesh screen is pushed through the stem to make the "bowl".
Slide the mesh screen from the mouthpiece end up until the "bowl" is the size you want.
Leave headroom for the "injector" noozle and five to ten millimeters space between the top of your load and the bottom of the "injector".

You load your herb into the stem/"bowl" using the straw method then very lightly tamp it.
Then you install the "injector"/tip into the stem and heat away as you normally would.

I've used it with the wand and it works OK.
A torch gives better results though.

You can respect the click but going over by five to ten seconds works better.

Things get hella hot and the "injector" more so. Please be careful if you try this mod.

Also keep an eye on the o rings to make sure they aren't getting cooked and off gassing into your vapor. (Toxin hazard)

It's not as convenient as the regular DV experience but it's fun for sure.

Here is a montage of the ThriftMod . :spliff:

sketch-1682739413562.jpg

Last edited:

Notcoded419

I only have a 2019 M, one of the wood vongs, and a glass Charlie stem. I’ve always wanted an Omni but the price kept me away. Is it really that much better of an experience over the M? I should probably wait for the 420 sale to get one.
How do you like the Charlie stem? I've been pretty loyal to my BB6/9 but considering broadening my horizons and the revolve is just too much. Like that roll bump, and the spikes seem easier to keep clean than the BB.

Notcoded419,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
How do you like the Charlie stem? I've been pretty loyal to my BB6/9 but considering broadening my horizons and the revolve is just too much. Like that roll bump, and the spikes seem easier to keep clean than the BB.
IIRC I have an early one with thinner glass, and it does get noticeably hot when I use it. In general I tend to use my WonG the most when I’m reaching for a Dynavap because my full convection vapes have much better taste for dry vaping.

Notcoded419

I must have summoned the angry glass gods with my flirtations because my BB6 rolled off the counter and broke today.

Now I have a dilemma... Another bb, the glass charlie mentioned above, or go big and get a revolve? I've always been very happy with the flavor/cooling on the bb's. I like the charlie design (especially the bump to prevent rolling), but am worried it will run a little hotter than the BB. I never really found the stock M to be a problem, but the charlie looks pretty open. On the flip side, it looks super easy to clean and maintain, which is big for me and my main hesitation on a revolve. I hated cleaning the M stem and having pieces everywhere, and it got noticeably dirty way faster than the BB, and the revolve looks like the same issue. The cooling sounds great and something durable could be nice, but I like clean pieces and don't have much time, so maintaining it might be a pain.

Also need to decide if I want to give up on butane and get a wand again while vg still has them on sale. I thought the TM2 would sate my electric convenience needs and allow me to enjoy the ritual of the dyna+eagle more, but I actually still prefer my dyna daily over all which has me annoyed with butane any time I go outside or have to refill a lighter...

These are good problems to have.

coolbreeze

I must have summoned the angry glass gods with my flirtations because my BB6 rolled off the counter and broke today.

Now I have a dilemma... Another bb, the glass charlie mentioned above, or go big and get a revolve? I've always been very happy with the flavor/cooling on the bb's. I like the charlie design (especially the bump to prevent rolling), but am worried it will run a little hotter than the BB. I never really found the stock M to be a problem, but the charlie looks pretty open. On the flip side, it looks super easy to clean and maintain, which is big for me and my main hesitation on a revolve. I hated cleaning the M stem and having pieces everywhere, and it got noticeably dirty way faster than the BB, and the revolve looks like the same issue. The cooling sounds great and something durable could be nice, but I like clean pieces and don't have much time, so maintaining it might be a pain.
Love my Glass Charlies, for sure. Anything like them (Hulas, etc) should work about as well. I'd replace the BB, though, if you're going through a waterpiece or j-hook.
Also need to decide if I want to give up on butane and get a wand again while vg still has them on sale. I thought the TM2 would sate my electric convenience needs and allow me to enjoy the ritual of the dyna+eagle more, but I actually still prefer my dyna daily over all which has me annoyed with butane any time I go outside or have to refill a lighter...
I have a Wand and a couple others but use the torch at least as much. When I hike I use the torch if possible or the Flite if necessary. I'd have a wand on hand for just the need you've identified, breezy vaping.
These are good problems to have.
You said it!

Cannabiker

the revolve looks like the same issue
The Revolve has the same issue on steroids. If you don't like cleaning an M, you won't have a good time with the Revolve. To be clear, that piece is a masterwork of design and manufacturing. Every claim Brenyo makes about its capabilities is true. It really is that good--but I don't care much for it.

For me, it's just too complex. I love using an airport to its fullest effect, starting closed to initiate the draw, then feathering it open while ramping up from mouth to lung to a direct pull. That means I want a stem with minimal flow interference. Sure, the Revolve can do that, but setting it up for that type of draw means bypassing much of the sophisticated plumbing inside the stem. So you're not really using all of those parts, but they still need to be cleaned.

And the Revolve can cool a hit better than any stem I've tried, but it does it at the expense of a ton of vapor. That spiral cooling unit claims a large share your reclaim. It's a cooler hit, but it's also a weaker hit.

If I were writing a review of the Revolve, I'd give it all the stars (and I only have the Gen 1--I hear the new one is even better). And I'd heartily recommend it to someone who loves adjustability and/or cool vapor. However, it sounds like your preferences more or less align with mine, so I'd say you'd be happier with something less complex.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

The Revolve has the same issue on steroids. If you don't like cleaning an M, you won't have a good time with the Revolve. To be clear, that piece is a masterwork of design and manufacturing. Every claim Brenyo makes about its capabilities is true. It really is that good--but I don't care much for it.

For me, it's just too complex. I love using an airport to its fullest effect, starting closed to initiate the draw, then feathering it open while ramping up from mouth to lung to a direct pull. That means I want a stem with minimal flow interference. Sure, the Revolve can do that, but setting it up for that type of draw means bypassing much of the sophisticated plumbing inside the stem. So you're not really using all of those parts, but they still need to be cleaned.

And the Revolve can cool a hit better than any stem I've tried, but it does it at the expense of a ton of vapor. That spiral cooling unit claims a large share your reclaim. It's a cooler hit, but it's also a weaker hit.
This is why I still love the OG Simrell Vortex. There's just enough cooling in the air path to make it my daily driver, but not so much cooling that I lose flavor, and it's not a hassle to clean like these more elaborate stems. It's the perfect balance.

Last edited:

Notcoded419

Love my Glass Charlies, for sure. Anything like them (Hulas, etc) should work about as well. I'd replace the BB, though, if you're going through a waterpiece or j-hook.

I have a Wand and a couple others but use the torch at least as much. When I hike I use the torch if possible or the Flite if necessary. I'd have a wand on hand for just the need you've identified, breezy vaping.
I don't use a water pipe or jhook, was just using the BB natively. I think I'll spring for the charlie, try something new! Getting a wand just for that convenience feels indulgent. I COULD use my TM2 in those scenarios but...

If I were writing a review of the Revolve, I'd give it all the stars (and I only have the Gen 1--I hear the new one is even better). And I'd heartily recommend it to someone who loves adjustability and/or cool vapor. However, it sounds like your preferences more or less align with mine, so I'd say you'd be happier with something less complex.
This definitely helps and is right in line with my thinking. It looks awesome, but even using a rogue intercooler with a stock stem made for a ton of reclaim/cleaning. I hit my BB the same way, closed to feather, and like that kind of control and thick clouds. I used to do a TI tip and low temp cap with intercooler and never quite felt like I got the rip I was looking for...

RitualBasedExtraction

Happiness is of mind, not circumstance.
Not nice. Warning point issued.
Thanks @Duba
Stunning work and excellent communications.
Vapcap pouch and TA decapper in matching leather.

If you have a vapcap you need one of these!

IMG-20230503-110102.jpg
Hoping this is the stunner and not that stupid thermal accumulator, Phat Piggie is kind of an asshole.

RitualBasedExtraction,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Phat Piggie is kind of an asshole.
i think you forgot to add:
'But ymmv'?

Still, kinda feel your comment was uncalled for, no? Puzzled why you think this would add anything usefull to the thread?
Read your contribution and "WTFF?" (yesyes, double F) was all that crossed my mind...

Since you seem to prefer direct communication here i go:
He might be an asshole (or not, idk... idc...) but you surely are a cheeky mtfr...
And not a very brave one either unfortunately since you just post that comment without tagging the offended...
:chill::chill:

At least give a man a heads up instead of this stealthy bashing, dude!
You know what, i had a very bad day and shit like this pisses me off so I'll do it for you...
Yoow, @phattpiggie wassup???

Kaziki

Hello so I recently got a dynavap M, Ive been using it and I decided to clean it I took it all apart and put it together but my tip won't stay put like it used to. It pops off the stem whenever I go to take my cap off.

I've re adjusted the i rings stil having the issue. I didn't clean the rings in iso. I also just have the basics I don't have any wax or extras. Did I assemble it wrong? I even followed some videos?

Any tips.

Thank you,

Kaziki,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just a note about my previous whine that the AC is extremely difficult to get on and off my vapcaps. I took it out of the drawer last night to give it another go and found that if I use it on an older tip, like the standard 5fin, I found it much more usable. Still pretty useless (for me) on my recent Vong or Omni tips, which is what I bought it for, but if on an older tip it works well enough. YMMV...

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Just a note about my previous whine that the AC is extremely difficult to get on and off my vapcaps. I took it out of the drawer last night to give it another go and found that if I use it on an older cap, like the standard 5fin, I found it much more usable. Still pretty useless (for me) on my recent Vong or Omni tips, which is what I bought it for, but if on an older tip it works well enough. YMMV...
I think the std Ti is the best tip for the AC and the FMJ IF you are going for a one-hit roast, because it heats quicker and thus is easier to ride the line with in one heating. With the tighter (or rounder) caps, it's also the easiest to get on and off the std Ti tip as you've pointed out: you can just screw it on and off. I think Vong/Omni tips you tend to get great flavor but may need a reheat; same with the Ms.

Bazinga

Never had any desire for a Dynavap. I have plenty of other really good dry herb vaporizers. Well I just had to try a Dynavap. I'm really liking this device. Bought an induction heater (Pipes Brute) and the experience became even better. Damn VAS, I now trye 3 2021Ms. At this this time I would foolishly like to add another, but different, Dynavap. The M Plus looks interesting. Particularly the somewhat larger material capacity is appealing. Also, I have some interest in the BB6 hoping for cooler sessions.
Thoughts please.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Bazinga Welcome to the Dynaverse. Sounds like your DV collection is off to a good start! The M+ is a nice improvement IMO from the earlier SS models offering additional heating options and results. Consider investing in a Vong or Omni Ti tip to experience that as well. Plenty of 3rd party stems for extra cooling available to accommodate any ones tastes. @Pipes Brute should serve you well.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Never had any desire for a Dynavap. I have plenty of other really good dry herb vaporizers. Well I just had to try a Dynavap. I'm really liking this device. Bought an induction heater (Pipes Brute) and the experience became even better. Damn VAS, I now trye 3 2021Ms. At this this time I would foolishly like to add another, but different, Dynavap. The M Plus looks interesting. Particularly the somewhat larger material capacity is appealing. Also, I have some interest in the BB6 hoping for cooler sessions.
Thoughts please.
The '23 is my favorite M because it seems to roast extremely well without getting too hot or tasting too dark, while delivering big clouds. The M+ seems more like the older Ms: hotter, more aggressive, and a bit roastier in flavor. That probably draws the distinctions too starkly, but in general I think it holds. That said, the M+ tip works really well, and works well with the AC. The stem spins so well that I think it's a real upgrade in that regard, and I have noticed no down sides to it, really. The extra volume in the tip does not seem very noticeable to me, but because of the more aggressive heating it seems like you can get about the same number of hits as usual but they may be more productive, so about the same number of slightly bigger hits, maybe?

Edit: The BBs are great if you already have a stem to use when it breaks. They're also great on their own terms: open airflow, spikes, carb all add up to cool, open, flavorful hits. Thru water, you get a nice less-restricted hit compared to a Vong, for instance.

Edit2: Also, you may consider taking advantage of the modularity and aftermarket to create something really wonderful:
IMG-4440.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think the std Ti is the best tip for the AC and the FMJ IF you are going for a one-hit roast, because it heats quicker and thus is easier to ride the line with in one heating.
In my case, I'm not really looking for a one hit roast. Rather, I am looking to get a second or even third hit without heating again. It works for that as well.
Particularly the somewhat larger material capacity is appealing.
That's not me either as I use a half bowl. The various ways of using VapCaps and the unlimited variety in stems and heating methods is my favorite thing about them. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Rather, I am looking to get a second or even third hit without heating again. It works for that as well.
Yeah, this is my preferred use, too. I think if you don't hit it too hard you can get the extra hits per heating and really good flavor, maybe with a cleanup.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: cybrguy

Pinte

Hello so I recently got a dynavap M, Ive been using it and I decided to clean it I took it all apart and put it together but my tip won't stay put like it used to. It pops off the stem whenever I go to take my cap off.

I've re adjusted the i rings stil having the issue. I didn't clean the rings in iso. I also just have the basics I don't have any wax or extras. Did I assemble it wrong? I even followed some videos?

Any tips.

Thank you,

I have a tip that was like this right from Dynavap, and it drove me insane. It's the rubber rings. I bought replacement rings and put them on and now it stays in the stem better. I feel like the rings overall are too thin, even the replacements. They need to make them really thick so it goes in the stem super duper ooper snug. It's my only complaint with owning 3 tips and multiple stems. None of them really fit as snug as I'd like them to.

Maybe they could come up with a twist and lock method, but that would probably make all current stems obsolete.

Top Bottom