Old Moderate

I know many people over the years have wondered about the materials used in the click disc, since they’re in the vapor path. Today, someone on Reddit made a post about their new armored cap clicker disc being marked with “E4”. After all this time I think we finally know what the Chemical Composition is.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to comment if these compositions are safe or not…but maybe someone with a background in metallurgy or science will weigh in.
So they are both Iron discs, with different percentages of other elements. One Alloy E has 25% Nickel and 8.5% Chromium (the rest is iron metal) and the other “alloy 40” is 45% nickel and the rest iron. Both Nickel and Chromium are used in stainless steel so probably not any more likely to be unhealthy that the SS that is the rest of the dynavap. Plus, I suspect the vapor doesn’t intersect with the “click discs” much actually…but I don’t know.

OCDeeeznuts

One Alloy E has 25% Nickel and 8.5% Chromium (the rest is iron metal) and the other “alloy 40” is 45% nickel and the rest iron. Both Nickel and Chromium are used in stainless steel so probably not any more likely to be unhealthy that the SS that is the rest of the dynavap.
Steel-composition1.jpg

The Dynavap uses 316l for the tip/ body. The L means it has a max allowable carbon of .03%. The cap is 304.
While they use the same chemicals, alloys are extremely complex. The tiniest variances completely change the characteristics of the material…like to a mind blowing degree. I used to do a lot of soldering and the differences an extra percent of one metal, or the difference of doping in inclusions of thousandths of a percent of an additional metal is stark.
Metallurgy is borderline witchcraft lmao.

Edit: As far as the vapor goes, the path travels through the inside of the cap before entering the tip. So I’d imagine nearly 100% of the vapor comes in contact with the disks. The only air that wouldn’t contact the discs is the the dilution air entering through the airport.

Last edited:

Petetbay

Here’s my work around for the tight Armored Cap and FMJ after seeing the Dynavap keychain fake leather cap removal tool and a reviewer mentioned using a magnet inside it, well that sounded good. I used silicone grommets from Xvape Starry wpa and put a Mad Heaters magnet in it, that is secured by the indentation meant for the SS tube thingy. The Mad Heaters magnet is larger and more powerful than the Dynavap magnet which also work, but are a little loose and don’t come out. To grip the tip to keep it in place I used a cut to fit Fat Mouthpiece and silicone milkshake straw. Works great for me as I have problems with my fingers. Both AC and FMJ fit perfectly like the grommet was designed for them.

ezpz

Here’s my work around for the tight Armored Cap and FMJ after seeing the Dynavap keychain fake leather cap removal tool and a reviewer mentioned using a magnet inside it, well that sounded good.
I agree.
Just did this a couple days ago. Works pretty good actually. I glued my free Madheaters magnet into the leather "dynaglove" and hooked it on to my Reload. Magnet keeps the hot cap secured while debowling/reloading.

2pumpchump

Yeah, I tried that with an M and it didn't help much. I suspect that there is a type of pliers that could probably do it, but all I have is a needle nose and the thickness of the walls of the AC prevent the nose from closing on the captivator.
You could stick the needed nose pliers in the cap gently spread Handel out wile rotating the cap ..

Well as for me dynavap is batting 0 out of 2 caps with date stamp 2022 first 1 was loose and tip jumped the crimp and got stuck sent it back the new cap was so loose I squeeze till it to the point you have to line tip and cap up just right to get it on and would still fall off the tip sent with it ! My cap date stamp 2021 fits fine on that tip so a was using on my Omni tip so it don't go flying off !!!! Well it fell off somewhere and is lost maybe I'll find it in daylight

So I would rate all the other caps I have I would rate 5 stars the 2 I had marked date stamp 2022 I would give 2 because it did click now the question is how do I rate the captive cap it's self as a hole if it's not Consistent ??
Wish me luck on finding tomorrow lol

2pumpchump,

StringTheorista

The leather cap removal tool is not "fake leather". It's vegetable tanned genuine leather. The website had it listed as "vegan leather" for a few days, apparently due to a miscommunication: the artisan making them is French, and described them as "Veg tanned leather", and whoever wrote the website description thought that meant vegan, fake leather. I'm buddies with the maker and they are absolutely made from leather from a cow.

Baboose1948

The leather cap removal tool is not "fake leather". It's vegetable tanned genuine leather. The website had it listed as "vegan leather" for a few days, apparently due to a miscommunication: the artisan making them is French, and described them as "Veg tanned leather", and whoever wrote the website description thought that meant vegan, fake leather. I'm buddies with the maker and they are absolutely made from leather from a cow.
Is the maker dubya (sp?) From etsy?

Baboose1948,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Vape_Or_Die420

Can anyone explain why the silicon Bonger wpa has a condenser? I use my 2020m’s 10mm taper on my bong with no condenser. Should i be using a condenser when going through water?

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Ordered the M+ from Dynavap.
Threw in a cleaning brush, and a blue BB9, to get to free shipping. Have the BB9 in pink, and BB6 in blue, wanted another 9 for my concentrate cap.
Pi day was last week, and Dynavap had a "find the pie" contest, and I got a 31% discount on a starter kit. Ordered a Ti VonG with a wenge vap stache in the starter kit.
Happy with it all, excepting that maybe I should have ordered the M+ starter kit and gotten the cedar stache case instead of the BB9, which is glass, after all, and will break, whereas the cedar stashe is not glass, but I buy glass stems all the time, and I don't have a high breakage rate, but then I never use the stache cases I have, I just condition them with Walrus oil regularly knowing that I could use them at any time, so it came down to glass or wood, and I choose glass, what was I thinking?!

GoldenBud

Steel-composition1.jpg

The Dynavap uses 316l for the tip/ body. The L means it has a max allowable carbon of .03%. The cap is 304.
While they use the same chemicals, alloys are extremely complex. The tiniest variances completely change the characteristics of the material…like to a mind blowing degree. I used to do a lot of soldering and the differences an extra percent of one metal, or the difference of doping in inclusions of thousandths of a percent of an additional metal is stark.
Metallurgy is borderline witchcraft lmao.

Edit: As far as the vapor goes, the path travels through the inside of the cap before entering the tip. So I’d imagine nearly 100% of the vapor comes in contact with the disks. The only air that wouldn’t contact the discs is the the dilution air entering through the airport.
it doesn't matter if the cap is made from ss304 or ss316
the inside of the cap doesn't come close to a lot of air, very small amout of air each time
hence the chance it will oxidize it is very very very small
the outside of the cap maybe can get oxidize after a lot of years in a humid envirnment
but hey, you don't store your cap in the shower, right?
and the humidity in your room is not 90%+ all the year
plus you can store it in some tube etc'

but the inside of the cap? the amount of air passing it is so low that it won't get be rusty after 10++ years or so
i think 20+ even

amounts are everything here. think about how small the amount of air the cap touches during the years. very low amount.
it's closed all the time with the Tip. and even you draw, well, yea, air comes inside, but again, VERY small amounts comparing to the point it will be reacted with air....

think about your shower's handle or so. not only it's stored in the shower, a lot of air is passing on it during the years, and still ss304 handles will last years. the inside of the cap? decades, or more, it will take it to react with oxygen.

the disk inside the cap is 100% safe for decades
PS boiling point of ss304 is 1000C+ so 200C of the Dynavap is nothing for this material...

duanecobain

after a couple weeks with the armored cap i've come around to it a bit -- it definitely works the best with a classic Ti tip, aftermarket mesh screen (from Ddave), and the Wand. it's WAY easier to remove from the classic Ti tip than any of the others I own (2018, 2020, & 2021 M and a B).

that said, it's still way too expensive for what it is, and for that price it should absolutely come with the "cap removal tool" they show in their promo videos for it.

seeing the cost of the new M+ really makes me think DynaVap have lost their way and are just chasing $$$ now. what about the M+ warrants a higher price tag than the 21 M? you can 1-shot any tip with any cap if you're familiar with it... i exclusively 1-shot my bowls

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
after a couple weeks with the armored cap i've come around to it a bit -- it definitely works the best with a classic Ti tip, aftermarket mesh screen (from Ddave), and the Wand. it's WAY easier to remove from the classic Ti tip than any of the others I own (2018, 2020, & 2021 M and a B).

that said, it's still way too expensive for what it is, and for that price it should absolutely come with the "cap removal tool" they show in their promo videos for it.

seeing the cost of the new M+ really makes me think DynaVap have lost their way and are just chasing $$$ now. what about the M+ warrants a higher price tag than the 21 M? you can 1-shot any tip with any cap if you're familiar with it... i exclusively 1-shot my bowls
Dynavap hasn't led me wrong, so far. I'm going to try the M+ before I decide it's not fairly priced. It's an entire TED, us what it is. It's a different vape than the prior M's, and I'm open to that. Innovation isn't free, after all. I'll pay the brain that thought of the M+.
I've been organizing my Dynavap collection, and I'm struck by the number of stems and accessories there are by other manufacturers, as well as Dynavap. My Woodscents wouldn't even be a thing without Dynavap. George has been generous and supportive with the community, and has encouraged creativity in others. Entire businesses have sprung up around Dynavap stems and accessories, and Dynavap let's it happen. There has never been any indication Dynavap is "just chasing $$$ now", or ever.
The M+ looks like it's a very different M. That's fun, and I'm looking forward to it. There was temptation, but no coercion, so if it works I will be happy. If a person were to think it's not worth it to them, or that they are content with what they have, they wouldn't be forced to buy it. If they think they want it, but want a lower price, then they might be pleased to know sales happen.

GoldenBud

the M+ tip has 15% more volume than the M tip, and it has no fins now to reduce the temperature, it seems like Dynavap understood people prefer 1 hitter without fins, hotter vapor, other than having fins but it needed 2 cycles or 3 to finish the bowl.
some kind of new fashion these days, it's fine, i don't think Dynavap is doing it exclusively because of the money.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Every time Dynavap has a major product release people accuse them of losing their way and chasing cash. Frankly, I don’t see it at all. Dynavap is one of the few companies that regularly and aggressively iterates on their designs. Hearing George talk about their products, it is clear to me that the impetus for this pace of change is due to George’s love and passion for the quality of his products and the experience of end users.

The new M has a substantially different bowl that can be heated in a way that used to require a specialized cap or add-on. The body requires complex precision tooling. Who knows how many designs they went through in the R&D process to get to this version. Now compare that to the Mighty+ or Crafty+ or Fury 2 to Fury Edge or many other vape product updates. Most of them add maybe better battery life, some checklist additional features, and that’s it. And many other manufacturers also charge more when they update their products, with far less to justify the upcharge than what Dynavap offers. Not to say those are bad products, but it does seem like some people are holding Dynavap to impossible standards.

I was also a bit surprised by the price increase, but given the amount of change in the product from the last version, and the fact that material costs are simply more than what they were 2+ years ago, the price still seems fair. This is why the B exists, because the M is no longer the entry level model for Dynavap. In many ways the M is the real flagship of their lineup, even though the Omni costs more. The M has seen the most development and remains the standard bearer for the company, and it’s still priced less than most of the other worthwhile vapes out there.

GoldenBud

Every time Dynavap has a major product release people accuse them of losing their way and chasing cash. Frankly, I don’t see it at all. Dynavap is one of the few companies that regularly and aggressively iterates on their designs. Hearing George talk about their products, it is clear to me that the impetus for this pace of change is due to George’s love and passion for the quality of his products and the experience of end users.
exactly. i also knew that the day of the tip without fins will come. it's a matter of "fashion" too. making the dynavap being more like the dani/anvil vapes, less fins, more heat, quicker 1 hitter. maybe within 5 years we'll see a tip with 10 fins, who knows.

GoldenBud,

Petetbay

a tip with 10 fins, who knows.
There’s already is the Simrell titanium 9 fin SE tip only available now on the X9 and Hyper 9 and hopefully there will be a separate release at some point. I have a X9(XL) on the way so will be able to test ride it in a couple of days.

I’m feeling the new M+ design. It kinda reminds me of a retro-futuristic 2018 M, which I’m admittedly attracted to because my earliest dynavap is a 2019M and I just missed out on them.

However, I’m not in love with having another silver dynavap especially since this doesn’t have the cleanly machined look of the 2018:

Dyna Official Photo

RS7772_MPlusStemBackVaporizersFebruary2023.png

POTV photo

dynavap-m-plus-silver-close-view_343x@2x.jpg

The less light reflecting off this thing the better it looks like, so shadow/phantom version of this would suit me just fine but does anybody know if this will be getting a color variant in the fall or what colors we’ll get?

I’m feeling the new M+ design. It kinda reminds me of a retro-futuristic 2018 M, which I’m admittedly attracted to because my earliest dynavap is a 2019M and I just missed out on them.

However, I’m not in love with having another silver dynavap especially since this doesn’t have the cleanly machined look of the 2018:

Dyna Official Photo

POTV photo

The less light reflecting off this thing the better it looks like, so shadow/phantom version of this would suit me just fine but does anybody know if this will be getting a color variant in the fall or what colors we’ll get?
I would bet lots that they will come out with variants and I will want them all

pre-ordered mine this morning, really excited

2pumpchump

Good news I found my lost cap cleaned it up from being in the rain and mud for 2 days still works fine :)
Tonight on the M o'clock news I read about the new no fin design and the first ever heating location marked.. so I looked!

From what it appears to me you actually heat the tip not the cap but just below the bottom lip of the cap can anyone confirm this ?

Baboose1948

Good news I found my lost cap cleaned it up from being in the rain and mud for 2 days still works fine :)
Tonight on the M o'clock news I read about the new no fin design and the first ever heating location marked.. so I looked!

From what it appears to me you actually heat the tip not the cap but just below the bottom lip of the cap can anyone confirm this ?
You are correct. It can be heated on the cap or tip.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

Dyna Official Photo

POTV photo

Colors! You are right, this would look great in PhantoM. I think ObsidiuM would be stunning.
A few months ago, I saw Dynavap 40% off in four colors. I mentioned it was a good deal to my daughter, and she ordered three for me (I declined Veridium). That was very nice, then I woke up in the middle of the night, certain I had them. I'd bought these colors! Except AutuMn, I'd never seen that one, but I had Veridium, I was pretty sure. Still, it never hurts to have Dynavap, and they were 40% off, so what is there to do?
Organize, apparently.
I recently organized my Dynavap, and I had colors from the prior year and had missed these the first time. Kind of regret not getting the Veridium, and I think there had been an ObsidiuM, and I missed it. I don't have 2017, as I hadn't heard of vaping or Dynavap until 2018.
I do wish just tips would be released in color, because there aren't enough things to spend money on, and I have a Revolve Gen2 in black, and a black tip would look stellar, but so would gold...

Petetbay

Simrell X9(XL) w/9 fin ti tip arrived, early yet, but pretty nice. Like the X-ray glass by Glass Charlie though the 12mm glass for Revolve gen2 is nicer, made up a Omni21 condenser X-ray glass DV with Rogue ti vortex, very nica. Simrell 5 fin ti capless tip, :lol:, no Simrell ti bowl for Ed’s TnT Woodsense, lika vera much, worked nice in my Roffu.

capless tip, X9, Omni glass

Last edited:
Top Bottom