Colors! You are right, this would look great in PhantoM. I think ObsidiuM would be stunning.
A few months ago, I saw Dynavap 40% off in four colors. I mentioned it was a good deal to my daughter, and she ordered three for me (I declined Veridium). That was very nice, then I woke up in the middle of the night, certain I had them. I'd bought these colors! Except AutuMn, I'd never seen that one, but I had Veridium, I was pretty sure. Still, it never hurts to have Dynavap, and they were 40% off, so what is there to do?
Organize, apparently.
I recently organized my Dynavap, and I had colors from the prior year and had missed these the first time. Kind of regret not getting the Veridium, and I think there had been an ObsidiuM, and I missed it. I don't have 2017, as I hadn't heard of vaping or Dynavap until 2018.
I do wish just tips would be released in color, because there aren't enough things to spend money on, and I have a Revolve Gen2 in black, and a black tip would look stellar, but so would gold...

It's funny you mention that because I was in a similar situation recently with a Revolve Gen 2. I had a color-matching titanium cap for it but wanted an SS one too so I actually emailed dynavap and asked if they had any colored SS tips laying around. Customer service responded quickly saying they had one that I was looking for and they sent an individual purchase link straight to my email. I can't guarantee anything but based on that experience I think it doesn't hurt to ask, especially if you've given them as much business as you've described. I don't think they've made a gold/Aurum offical dyna since 2019 but they re-released it at the end of last year so maybe there's a spare dyna/tip still around a few months later. Hopefully you get one.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Just saw this on reddit and figured I'd pass along ...

20230321-201103.jpg

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
It's funny you mention that because I was in a similar situation recently with a Revolve Gen 2. I had a color-matching titanium cap for it but wanted an SS one too so I actually emailed dynavap and asked if they had any colored SS tips laying around. Customer service responded quickly saying they had one that I was looking for and they sent an individual purchase link straight to my email. I can't guarantee anything but based on that experience I think it doesn't hurt to ask, especially if you've given them as much business as you've described. I don't think they've made a gold/Aurum offical dyna since 2019 but they re-released it at the end of last year so maybe there's a spare dyna/tip still around a few months later. Hopefully you get one.
Thank you, @ImTrynaVape .
It never occurred to me to ask about this.
I got the Revolve Gen 2 together, and it deserves a fancy tip. It's an absolute dream.
The VonG felt very...industrial, after trying the Revolve Gen2. The Revolve is more of a sports car than a tank. Love them both, of course, and they are very different.
I will contact Dynavap about a colored tip. It's got a PhantoM Tip right now, but ObsidiuM or AriuM would be gorgeous.
Thank you, again for the suggestion.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I’m feeling the new M+ design. It kinda reminds me of a retro-futuristic 2018 M, which I’m admittedly attracted to because my earliest dynavap is a 2019M and I just missed out on them.

However, I’m not in love with having another silver dynavap especially since this doesn’t have the cleanly machined look of the 2018:

Dyna Official Photo

RS7772_MPlusStemBackVaporizersFebruary2023.png

POTV photo

dynavap-m-plus-silver-close-view_343x@2x.jpg

The less light reflecting off this thing the better it looks like, so shadow/phantom version of this would suit me just fine but does anybody know if this will be getting a color variant in the fall or what colors we’ll get?
Kinda looks like something we might expect to see from SDT whose work I sorely miss. He has a style that I think he called Bark that looked similar.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I had a $50 dollar gift card to SneakyPete so I ordered the M+ yesterday. I originally was just going to hold out and try to get the tip but I caved.

I ordered from SP on this Thursday 23rd. SP says order ship on the 30th and DV say the 27th. Awesomely, mine shipped yesterday on the 23rd, from Windsor, WI. Windsor, WI is where all my DV orders ship from? Is SP using DV to do their shipping?

I did find a bit of talk on Reddit from a year ago but it wasn’t clear. It makes no difference to me, I’m just curious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/msa0qu

TangibleHangnail

Awesomely, mine shipped yesterday on the 23rd, from Windsor, WI. Windsor, WI is where all my DV orders ship from? Is SP using DV to do their shipping?
Pretty sure they are. I got a SP order in a padded mailer with a "DV Fulfillment" return address. Good way to avoid customs delays for their biggest market, I guess.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
The new tip is getting close to full extraction using an aomi lighter and heating at the dimples at the base of the tip with just a bit of rotating back and forth. The long heat time makes me a bit anxious. After the first heat cycle the AVB is a mixture of dark and light brown with bits of green. The stem at this point is getting pretty hot. Going in for a second heat cycle I have to use a more traditional heating method or I combust. Also two heat cycles at the base of the tip makes for a very hot stem. Only practice will tell.

Cannabiker

The new tip is getting close to full extraction using an aomi lighter and heating at the dimples at the base of the tip with just a bit of rotating back and forth. The long heat time makes me a bit anxious. After the first heat cycle the AVB is a mixture of dark and light brown with bits of green. The stem at this point is getting pretty hot. Going in for a second heat cycle I have to use a more traditional heating method or I combust. Also two heat cycles at the base of the tip makes for a very hot stem. Only practice wi
Yeah, more testing is required, but so far I'm not very impressed by the one-hit function. You have to heat so aggressively on the dimples that the lower edge of the cap glows red and, as you note, the stem gets very hot. And the first pull reminds me of hitting a Grasshopper--it can just about blister your soft palate. Plus, you really have to dial in the heat source. Too little flame will struggle to hit the click, while too much will combust before the click. It takes as long as an Anvil to heat up, without the same satisfaction.

I think the one-pull hype overshadows the simpler story, that this is the best M ever, even if it hasn't hit the one-pull grail.

Meanwhile, in the past couple of weeks I've also picked up an Armored Cap and a Hyper 9, and both of those are true one-hit wonders. Sure, the Armored Cap is too tight, as many have complained. Caps need to flex to establish the right tension, but it's totally stiff. That aside, I've found a tip where it works well (a 5-fin Ti I cleaned on a bench grinder's wire wheel, smoothing out its sharp edges), and I love it. I only use it through water, on a Sneaky Pete Strong Arm. It does provide Anvil-like satisfaction--I actually prefer the flavor.

And the Hyper 9 has also taught me new DV tricks. For the first time, I'm using the half-bowl setting. In that position, if I heat it five or six pulses past the click with a Wand, it produces what I consider the perfect single hit. I'm really delighted with the performance of this thing. I love that I can sneak a quick one-and-done rip. It is a new DV experience for me.

I know next month is when we celebrate cannabis, but March has been a great month for playing with vapes.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
And the first pull reminds me of hitting a Grasshopper--it can just about blister your soft palate.
I’ve yet to hit it not through water for fear of frying my throat. It’s nice to confirm my with results with yours. I’m trying to be new school but like many the old school DV works and for me with little effort so it’s hard to break away.

The Stray Fox,

Cannabiker

What makes it so, in your opinion?

I'm sure I'll get one eventually but I haven't seen much to sell it, to be honest.
And I'm not sure I have much to offer in terms of making a sale. It is still an M, after all, so for anyone deep in the Dynaverse with a collection of stems and tips, it's probably not going to be your new favorite.

But it does speak to the things I like in a DV, mainly airflow. It is relatively unrestricted, and it has that huge carb. My technique relies heavily on feathering the carb, and I like to have a lot to work with.

I also like the lack of fins, just from a cleaning perspective. The taper at the neck seems to create a choke point which restricts the amount of heat that crosses to the stem side. That is, unless you're trying to use the tapered portion as a heat sink for full extraction, in which case that shit gets hot.

And the bigger bowl is a plus, at least in terms of options. While I've been preferring the half-bowl setting lately, I could see situations where a bigger bowl would be appealing. Used traditionally, taking multiple pulls using a Wand, it provides really strong hits, which I think is due to both airflow and bowl size.

Maybe more controversially, I really like it aesthetically. I like the faux-woodgrain stem, and I like the rocket-nozzle looks of the tip.

So, when I say "best ever", I'm talking photo-finish, not winning by a length and a half. It's not a Hyper 9 or a Revolve, but it's a very good M.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

And I'm not sure I have much to offer in terms of making a sale. It is still an M, after all, so for anyone deep in the Dynaverse with a collection of stems and tips, it's probably not going to be your new favorite.

But it does speak to the things I like in a DV, mainly airflow. It is relatively unrestricted, and it has that huge carb. My technique relies heavily on feathering the carb, and I like to have a lot to work with.

I also like the lack of fins, just from a cleaning perspective. The taper at the neck seems to create a choke point which restricts the amount of heat that crosses to the stem side. That is, unless you're trying to use the tapered portion as a heat sink for full extraction, in which case that shit gets hot.

And the bigger bowl is a plus, at least in terms of options. While I've been preferring the half-bowl setting lately, I could see situations where a bigger bowl would be appealing. Used traditionally, taking multiple pulls using a Wand, it provides really strong hits, which I think is due to both airflow and bowl size.

Maybe more controversially, I really like it aesthetically. I like the wood-body stem, and I like the rocket-nozzle looks of the tip.

So, when I say "best ever", I'm talking photo-finish, not winning by a length and a half. It's not a Hyper 9 or a Revolve, but it's a very good M.
Thanks, just what I was hoping for. I think I have seen the airflow mentioned previously, that sounds like an improvement I'd appreciate for sure. Bigger bowl, not as important to me personally but an improvement nonetheless. I'm not crazy about the aesthetics, tbh, but I think I'll love spinning that stem and not hunting for the airport.

Anyhow, good info, much appreciated. I hope they'll eventually make that stem in wood.

Dejavu

does anyone have a diy or a different brand than dynawax? something from amazon that would work as good? I heard I could mix bee wax with coco oil or something like that to make it but rather buy something already mixed.

sorry meant to mention it is for the vong.

thanks

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
does anyone have a diy or a different brand than dynawax? something from amazon that would work as good? I heard I could mix bee wax with coco oil or something like that to make it but rather buy something already mixed.

thanks

I use food grade Beeswax wood conditioning butter ... can't go wrong with Grandma ☺

20230328-072225.jpg

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

thanks
I typically use a mix of mineral oil and beeswax, but there are lots of good waxes that you can buy. I believe @khelek41girl often recommended Walrus oil: https://www.amazon.com/WALRUS-OIL-Food-Safe-Cutting-Board/dp/B075LP6ZGC/

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

thanks
Been using this on all my wood lately. Foodsafe...
Board-Butter.jpg

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I typically use a mix of mineral oil and beeswax, but there are lots of good waxes that you can buy. I believe @khelek41girl often recommended Walrus oil: https://www.amazon.com/WALRUS-OIL-Food-Safe-Cutting-Board/dp/B075LP6ZGC/
She did, and I use it constantly. It's saved me a fortune in little bottles and tins.

PotV has the M in ObsidiuM on sale, and I figured I'd regret not getting it more than I'd regret getting it, so it's on the way. The tip and cap will be perfect for my Revolve, as well as the Shell-Shock in black. This is where all the money I save goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom