• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Petetbay

ibrokemypie said:
has someone else taken simrells crown for the prettiest and most functional dynavap stems?

You could say that the Madheaters Revolve gen 2 stem did just that.
Maybe. I’m a fan of the Revolve, have 2 gen 1 and I’m really enjoying gen 2. It is second only to the Add a Cap glass stems in the flavor department and the new thicker glass stems are great as I have an aversion to metal stems. My 3 Revolves in glass and a bunch of Frankenstein hybrids using Revolve stems. :bowdown:

Been rockin' an Omnivong Hydra XL the past few days. I feel like the Hydra's its work clothes and the Ti XL body is its clubbing suit. What a great frikkin vape!
That’s the one that got me going with Dynavaps and still a favorite now running Rogue and Simrell intercoolers. :bowdown:

coolbreeze

ibrokemypie said:
has someone else taken simrells crown for the prettiest and most functional dynavap stems?

Maybe. I’m a fan of the Revolve, have 2 gen 1 and I’m really enjoying gen 2. It is second only to the Add a Cap glass stems in the flavor department and the new thicker glass stems are great as I have an aversion to metal stems. My 3 Revolves in glass and a bunch of Frankenstein hybrids using Revolve stems. :bowdown:

That’s the one that got me going with Dynavaps and still a favorite now running Rogue and Simrell intercoolers. :bowdown:
This is great. I love seeing other people's collections. Everybody's got their own focus and tastes.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: endof3d

ibrokemypie

i just got a wand! is there any way to make it heat slower like moving the flame away with a jet lighter? i keep getting the outside of the bowl roasted while the middle is left relatively cool because it just heats up too fast, either it doesnt heat all the way through or the outside starts to combust

also @Petetbay @hinglemccringleberry, do those stem makers do the amazing purple galaxy wood designs like the simrell i linked? thats what i really want :p the extra performance comes second to the design

coolbreeze

i just got a wand! is there any way to make it heat slower like moving the flame away with a jet lighter? i keep getting the outside of the bowl roasted while the middle is left relatively cool because it just heats up too fast, either it doesnt heat all the way through or the outside starts to combust

also @Petetbay @hinglemccringleberry, do those stem makers do the amazing purple galaxy wood designs like the simrell i linked? thats what i really want :p the extra performance comes second to the design
Are you using a Dynavap insert? One of these'll hold it just at the right depth for a really good roast:

coolbreeze,

ibrokemypie

Are you using a Dynavap insert? One of these'll hold it just at the right depth for a really good roast:
image.png

😭😭😭😭

Petetbay

Similar, don’t really know what you’re looking for, he has a lot different styles, you should just look for yourself.

JJ785

The Ispire Wand kit ships with 2 x 14mm stems included in the box for adapting water pipes. The 14mm down stem is like a cup. Drop the Dynavap into this glass WP adapter. Hands free leaning and it will click or you can count the flashes in amber color. .

Still not with you exactly -) Is it this kit with four glass bits in it? The only bit that mates with the wand is the straight water adapter, top left. It can only go in reverse, so that you have to insert the dynavap from the bottom of the wand rather than the top. And the diameter is too wide for the vapcap to sit upright really. Or are you referring to something else? :ko:

if all you have is just the wand and nothing else try the Dynavap Adapter Kit. The Glass Dynavap Insert Adapter is useless.
I'm using both the silicon and glass of the ispire dynavap adapter kit (as below) and am happy with it other than increasing the heat up duration. What insert do you find useless?

Last edited:
JJ785,

UnidenWallet

I dropped my DynaVap right after heating it until the cap clicked, it landed on my lap onto a plastic car seat cover. There’s plastic fibers (or whatever it is) stuck onto the cap. How do I safely remove this? Should a Q tip with rubbing alcohol be ok?

Thank you

UnidenWallet,

coolbreeze

I dropped my DynaVap right after heating it until the cap clicked, it landed on my lap onto a plastic car seat cover. There’s plastic fibers (or whatever it is) stuck onto the cap. How do I safely remove this? Should a Q tip with rubbing alcohol be ok?

Thank you
Not sure how much you'd get off with alcohol, but doing several dry runs to torch it off may be your best bet.

coolbreeze,

jkeyes98

I found that the key to using the wand properly and probably any IH is the height of the cap inside the coil. If I use the dynavap glass cup without raising it up a little it is a very dark roast and takes to long for my liking, If I raise it up 1-3mm with a small bit of silicone pad its perfect hits one after the next! So I'd recommend changing the height and seeing what works best for you!

jkeyes98,

Dustin McKief

Thank you
Nsl.gif

I don't think alcohol will do the trick. Try a razor blade to gently scrape it off along with baking soda or (last resort because it's nasty) nail polish remover.

Caps are cheap enough that I would replace it if I couldn't get it all off.

UnidenWallet

I’m gonna try to clean the cap using athe wand to warm the cap up and (hopefully) make the plastic loose. Then I’ll wipe it off with a paper towel in ISO

In the meantime, I have committed the ultimate cardinal sin, i combusted out of my DV 😬 only until after I clean it! I swear!

It’s gonna need a deep cleaning after today! Condenser and tip too!

UnidenWallet,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

Thank you

800 grit wet and dry sandpaper definitely works. Just don't sand off the dynavap logo. :doh:

Vapor Dude

Still not with you exactly -) Is it this kit with four glass bits in it? The only bit that mates with the wand is the straight water adapter, top left. It can only go in reverse, so that you have to insert the dynavap from the bottom of the wand rather than the top. And the diameter is too wide for the vapcap to sit upright really. Or are you referring to something else? :ko:

I'm using both the silicon and glass of the ispire dynavap adapter kit (as below) and am happy with it other than increasing the heat up duration. What insert do you find useless?

The only bit that mates with the wand is the straight water adapter is what I used before the SKC FT adapter. The thick glass insert one delays the heat up. What did you think of the stem placement and heat up?

Choices

Just put in my first dynavap order. Super excited to try this out when it comes in. Just curious, how long does the vapcap take to cool down to be able to touch it?
Depending on how many tables you’ve served and built up some heat protection, after the cooldown click(s) I’d give it 20-30 seconds before removing the cap. Others will offer more sage advice I’m sure.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Just put in my first dynavap order. Super excited to try this out when it comes in. Just curious, how long does the vapcap take to cool down to be able to touch it?
Usually cools down enough during the draw as you'll hear the click again ... I do have a titanium tip ... it may hold the heat a bit more with an SS one ... enjoy your DV flights 🛫

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

Using my 2021 daily driver.

Empty heat up till click, then left to cool down "naturally" till click = about a minute.

Same test but using a magnet till cool down click = about 15 seconds.

Same test using blocked carb/airport, this time drawing through the DV using mouth pulls till click = about 30 seconds.

There is variance between caps, so they won't all perform exactly the same.
Also, as NYC_Frank mentioned, the mass/material of each different dynavap model likely changes things too.

If you use an FMJ attachment on the cap, it will significantly change the cool down characteristics.

@Vape_Or_Die420 has the armored cap been properly released yet or was it just teased?

Should be an interesting addition though.

Edit. Just watched tea time and can confirm that the armored cap is stainless steel, George also mentioned that it's to big to fit in the orion and ffp.

Fits any IH that can accommodate the 12mm girth of the armored cap. So the wand will fit it no worries. Ispire aced the wand in so many ways.

Last edited:

Thank you
Scotch brite pads work great for this, droppe ditjon the carpet once and same thing happened.

davesmith

Glass Blower
So it looks as though the big announcement was an armoured cap. I assume ita just the FMJ built in (without the copper oxide worries)

Also without wanting to drag fuckcombustion down to its level, the reddit r/dynavap sub has been drama central this week. Theres a mega thread in r/vaporents if you wanna get the jist of whats been going down.

Love you FC, stay classy!

Top Bottom