Dustin McKief

First time user here. Been experimenting all day and not having great success. Had a few really nice rips but not getting much consistency. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Can you share more details on your equipment and technique?

Here’s what works for me. Loose pack with space (~1-2mm) between the load and cap interior. Point a torch just above where the digger portion of the cap meets the main cap body. Don’t rush to the click, low and slow. If the hit is too wispy, next cycle keep heating 1-3 seconds after the click until you get the vapor you like. You will eventually combust, but it will help you to learn how to dial in your setup to your tastes. It’s a thing of beauty once you have it down. Enjoy!

canadianvapelife

Can you share more details on your equipment and technique?

Here’s what works for me. Loose pack with space (~1-2mm) between the load and cap interior. Point a torch just above where the digger portion of the cap meets the main cap body. Don’t rush to the click, low and slow. If the hit is too wispy, next cycle keep heating 1-3 seconds after the click until you get the vapor you like. You will eventually combust, but it will help you to learn how to dial in your setup to your tastes. It’s a thing of beauty once you have it down. Enjoy!
I have a 2021 m and I'm using a 3 flame torch. Tried loose and a tighter pack, slow draw, fast draw. Do you spin while heating?

coolbreeze

I have a 2021 m and I'm using a 3 flame torch. Tried loose and a tighter pack, slow draw, fast draw. Do you spin while heating?
A triple flame is difficult to manage well until you have the principle. Your problem is the most common: heating too fast. Get a single flame torch, set it so the inner flame is .5 inch, and point it vertically, spin the DV horizontally over it with the cap just above that deep blue inner flame and the flame about halfway up the cap, spin until the clicks, hit it with the port open like a joint. Set it on a magnet until you hear the clicks. Repeat.

As you get more used to it, you can move the flame towards the digger and/or pull the flame away slightly to heat longer, for a big, big hit. If you've done it well, it should be optimum at the clicks.

For pack, do a straw pack: just suck up the ground herbs into the bowl, brush away the excess and give a very slight tamp.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

canadianvapelife

A triple flame is difficult to manage well until you have the principle. Your problem is the most common: heating too fast. Get a single flame torch, set it so the inner flame is .5 inches, and point it vertically, spin the DV over it with the cap just above that deep blue inner flame and the flame about halfway up the cap, spin until the clicks, hit it with the port open like a joint. Set it on a magnet until you hear the clicks. Repeat.

As you get more used to it, you can move the flame towards the digger and/or pull the flame away slightly to heat longer, for a big, big hit. If you've done it well, it should be optimum at the clicks.

For pack, do a straw pack: just suck up the ground herbs into the bowl, brush away the excess and give a very slight tamp.

Best of luck!
Thanks! And yes I keep feeling that it's heating very fast, almost too fast. I will try it out with a single flame torch 🤙🏽

coolbreeze

Thanks! And yes I keep feeling that it's heating very fast, almost too fast. I will try it out with a single flame torch 🤙🏽
Sure thing. Let us know how you do.

It’s a thing of beauty once you have it down.
2001.gif

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I was just going to ask about the armored cap. I guess its meant to get closer to what the anvil or FMJ do in terms of making it easier to smash a dynavap in a single/minimal number of hits? Does it still require spinning? I'd love that about the FMJ. I guess it is probably too soon to get any comparisons between them and its probably a case of six one way/half a dozen the other, just curious!

gordontreeman,

coolbreeze

I am gonna bite and order the new armored cap. I intend to use it with revolve 2 and warm it with the wand.
Yeah, I was gonna do it anyhow so i got it out of the way.

I was just going to ask about the armored cap. I guess its meant to get closer to what the anvil or FMJ do in terms of making it easier to smash a dynavap in a single/minimal number of hits?
Yes, exactly. They say one or two hits, better flavor.

Does it still require spinning?
Supposedly not, it's made for single-point heating as well.

I'd love that about the FMJ. I guess it is probably too soon to get any comparisons between them and its probably a case of six one way/half a dozen the other, just curious!
Same. I'm basically sold on it fitting a stash. Now it's no longer necessarily a home-use thingy, but can travel, etc. Plus the cap is already dedicated to it, you can liberate your FMJ cap if necessary.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't been in here in a while. Has there been any discussion about the new Armored Cap or have beta testers been quiet? I didn't even know it was coming...

gordontreeman

I haven’t followed the fc thread, but if you’re referring to the shit show on Reddit I think that was much more to do with vendors, reviewers, and others with obvious conflicts of interest serving serving as mods on the dynavap subreddit rather than the armored cap. Maybe I am also out of the loop, though.

Ariwe

45 euro for a cap.
They really do see you lot coming eh.

Think I'll stick it out with my 2019 tip and cap. Works as good as any upgrade. 🤣
Insane... I was going to order it but then realized I was about to spend $50 with shipping on just a cap.
I am going to wait to hear feedback – my FMJ and Vaphit XL are working great and only cost $10 and $20 respectively.
Granted, this comes with a cap but it still seems excessive.

coolbreeze

I haven’t followed the fc thread, but if you’re referring to the shit show on Reddit I think that was much more to do with vendors, reviewers, and others with obvious conflicts of interest serving serving as mods on the dynavap subreddit rather than the armored cap. Maybe I am also out of the loop, though.
Yes, to clarify, it's not the cap itself, the cap should be fine. Other stuff surrounding the release was the shit show.

Insane... I was going to order it but then realized I was about to spend $50 with shipping on just a cap.
I am going to wait to hear feedback – my FMJ and Vaphit XL are working great and only cost $10 and $20 respectively.
Granted, this comes with a cap but it still seems excessive.
It's a bit more than the FMJ when you add the cap into the price, but not by much. The other thing is it'll work with many/most IHs and it will fit the stashes, etc. So, maybe less than $10 more all told, but with a couple benefits. Not trying to sell it, just some points to consider. I think a big question is, given the constraints in size and design (and the qualification over the number of hits), can it match the FMJ in terms of results?

Last edited:

Petetbay

Nobody posting the link for the Armored Cap.

gordontreeman

Not trying to get one, but I haven't seen them listed separately without the stem? My guess on the price: $99, in keeping with tradition. ; )

I think on the used market they go for quite a bit more than this!

This makes sense, as the additional fins have been independently verified to increase the number of fins, and bigger numbers are almost always better.

condition

Not trying to get one, but I haven't seen them listed separately without the stem? My guess on the price: $99, in keeping with tradition. ; )
Well not so much. I mean the ti tip of the latest omni, to avoid confusion, and it is at 61 euro ATM.
Are you referring to another 9 fin tip? I find it strange that you haven't seen one listed separately, I mean you seem active on the dynaverse.

condition,

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I find it strange that you haven't seen one listed separately
Well considering you can only obtain the 9 fin tip at the moment on American metal tube manufacturer/driller austyn simrell's hYpEr nInE system that was released on Thursday it doesn't shock me :rofl:I would recommend you keep the dollars in your pocket for the armoured cap and a standard titanium/steel tip that will cost you probably less in totality than just the 9 fin.

The last 7 fin was 77$ or something like that, so 99$ for the ULTIMATE NINE FIN SIMRELL COLLECTION EDITION is a "reasonable" guess

MOAR FINS MOAR INNOVATION BABY, SLAP A PATENT ON IT :science:
:rofl:

coolbreeze

The last 7 fin was 77$ or something like that, so 99$ for the ULTIMATE NINE FIN
$11 a fin, baby! I suppose they could innovate that up to 12 or 13...

Well not so much. I mean the ti tip of the latest omni, to avoid confusion, and it is at 61 euro ATM.
Are you referring to another 9 fin tip? I find it strange that you haven't seen one listed separately, I mean you seem active on the dynaverse.
Oh, I thought you meant the special one. ; ) The Omni tip's nicely priced at like, $.50 per fin. Practically a bargain!

Last edited:
Top Bottom