PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Let me pick some of your brains. I understand that FMJ doesn't work per se with a induction heater but waiting it still add heat retention so you would still probably get a better vape using it as a insulator even with a induction heater?

PutOneInTheAir,

Vape_Or_Die420

Maybe on the Simrell site?
This is what Beau with Simrell customer service just told me:

“We only offer gold and copper fmj's. We internally tested silver one's but saw no benefit over copper or gold so we never offered them. There is a company that offers a knock-off product that is silver and I believe they also use the fmj name that Austyn came up with.”

My_50p_worth

136-D3807-D048-4-EFB-B116-9-F0-B4775-B679.jpg

A little hack I’ve discovered for pulling and holding hot FMJ caps. You can push the lid of a stash against the cap to hold it, which will allow you to pull the DV out of the cap

@Vape_Or_Die420

I don’t know if these silver FMJ are a UK only thing, but if you have a search on Google I imagine there will be someone selling one somewhere. It’s literally just a piece of jewellery silver shaped into a collar

As for what Austyn Simrell says - I obviously own a silver FMJ, my mate owns the copper “legit” one. Absolutely zero difference in performance, in fact mine actually retains heat a little longer due to being slightly larger in size.

Austyn is just mad he got a taste of his own medicine :lol:

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

What’s it like with an SS tip on the FMJ? I’ve only used the Vong tip so far

Wondering if I should try and max out the thermal mass or if there’s a sweet spot, and anything past it is diminishing returns

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: GoldenBud

coolbreeze

What’s it like with an SS tip on the FMJ? I’ve only used the Vong tip so far

Wondering if I should try and max out the thermal mass or if there’s a sweet spot, and anything past it is diminishing returns
Seems like the more massive, the lighter the roast. Or at least, the OG Ti rides the line while the others are considerably lighter.

GoldenBud

RTL with low temp cap, Ti tip, brings so much vapor with OK+ taste! heating for 4 sec @ Mid, stopping for 4 sec but keeping rotate it, torching again @ High until the first click. wow!

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Soon to be new DV owner. ordered a 21M and a FMJ and looks like it will arrive Monday. How should i start 1. use the DV as is for a while and learn to drive a stock model or 2. dive right in to the FMJ
with the FMJ, so it will save you the part that you need to spin the DV.... but don't go beyond the first click for starters. very dark ABV is not too good IMHO. stop at the first click ;)
dark ABV = second click or even beyond that.... well... it tastes like popcorn! but tons of vapor....

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Let me pick some of your brains. I understand that FMJ doesn't work per se with a induction heater but waiting it still add heat retention so you would still probably get a better vape using it as a insulator even with a induction heater?

Only used my DIY FMJ a handful of times before deciding it wasn't for me.
But...... if I'm remembering correctly, it did work reasonably with the ispire wand.

4-Aces King-High

If my FMJ is wrapped tight around the VapCap I can use my yll rover Induction Heater.
I can also mAke big clouds as seen with other vape brands of this type.
And even more with the larger bowl on M model . I don’t own any of the others.
so use your own judgement if you are comparison testing.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

New DV device, the Bonger:

I'm not sure why they went with a condenser, unless it's just to keep it clean? I'd think a more open hit would be better for a DV WPA.

Top Bottom