Dutch-Mic

Just an appreciation post.

I started with the OG Vapcap and years later I used every M model, played legos with various DynaVap parts, hit the Vong primarily dry and played with the airflow of the Omni.

I love my Vapcaps for ultramicrodosing, good taste and efficiency. The only con is that the vapor can be a bit harsh with certain models, but luckily the intercoolers (Simrell and RWW) solve that.

Looking at difference between the OG Vapcap and 2021 Omni I’m very curious what the future will bring us. For now I grab my 2020M with the Simrell Stinger and enjoy the ritual.

Have a great day 🙏.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
My journey started with the 21M that was great enough for a substantial amount of time. Then VAS woke up and decided I need the MVS, which was kinda let down for me as it lacked something. Fortunately it didn’t sit on the shelf for long as that something was fixed by removing the intercooler from condenser and boy, was that an interesting era.

Later VonG(i) came wearing the FMJ on top and I understood what fast extraction is. It’s still one of my favorites mostly dry on glass piece.

Once VAS made it’s appearence again, Shorty Vortex without the intercooler and paired with 5 fins Ti tip won me for now and I still use it the most of all my DVs. It delivers flavour with the right amount of punch in really compact form. I kinda need to feel some of the heat in my throat while Simrell does excellent job getting rid of it. Only too well for me. But hey, thanks god for the versatility, you can fine tune it to whatever you want it to be.

Dutch-Mic

I only have the M but is there that much variation between the caps?

Just wondering what else they could improve

From the 19M it’s more about refinements. I see the 2020M and 21M as improvements over the 19M, because they have an adjustable bowl and a bit more airflow. Others see the 19M as the best one, because it is the quickest and most efficient extractor of the M line-up.

And what could be improved….After the 19M I thought that the M couldn’t be improved, so I’ll just wait patiently for the next surprise from Dynavap. I would like to see an M with cooler vapor; that would be an upgrade for me.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
What makes the '17, '18, and even the '19-M so much better than newer offerings is the surface area proximity of the bowl to the cap. That is what transfers the heat most efficiently from the cap to the tip by convection.

The more grooves and undulations on the tip's surface is 'lost close-proximity surface area'. The effect of convection losses are a squared function when calculating distance; the more air porting on the tip means less close proximity surface area to the cap.

blisty

As of today I'm finally part of the DV family :D

I actually don't get that many vapor, actually none. Just taste.

When I reheated I think I was close to combustion because of the massive cloud and the ABV being dark brown with black spots in it.

Is it because I'm not getting enough heat? I am using a regular BIC lighter as for now.

I heat, turn around, wait for a little click and moments after a second loud click. Then i start to medicate but don't produce any clouds.
It works tho', nice taste and I'm medicated haha

coolbreeze

Welcome to the cult..er, family! I don't know why this thing is so fun, but it damn sure is!

Get a torch lighter. It will perform better and be easier to dial in.
Yeah, and go low and slow. You'll get to the point where your natural heating posture reliably gives an excellent roast at the clicks. If you are counting past the click, you are probably heating too fast.

I strongly suggest watching some of the many DV videos on their YouTube page, a lot easier to learn techniques, cleaning, etc., by watching, then reading. Good luck!
Essential advice.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
What makes the '17, '18, and even the '19-M so much better than newer offerings is the surface area proximity of the bowl to the cap. That is what transfers the heat most efficiently from the cap to the tip by convection.

The more grooves and undulations on the tip's surface is 'lost close-proximity surface area'. The effect of convection losses are a squared function when calculating distance; the more air porting on the tip means less close proximity surface area to the cap.

Do you think that the newer tips have more convection extraction than the older ones or are they just less efficient?

Never tried a 17, how does it compare to the 18?

I actually don't get that many vapor, actually none. Just taste.

When I reheated I think I was close to combustion because of the massive cloud and the ABV being dark brown with black spots in it.

Is it because I'm not getting enough heat? I am using a regular BIC lighter as for now.

I heat, turn around, wait for a little click and moments after a second loud click. Then i start to medicate but don't produce any clouds.
It works tho', nice taste and I'm medicated haha

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

Bic lighters do work but are a pain in the derriere. As Grass Yes suggested, a torch lighter is a significant improvement.

Other heating methods, such as an induction heater or an alcohol burner are great methods too.

If you don't mind me asking, which dynavap did you get? :spliff:

Top Bottom