• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

So a blazer hot shot might actually be suitable then.
Aren't people having to turn those way down for their Anvils? I actually got one but haven't tried it yet since my PB207 seems to do the job. I don't use either with my DVs, but I think the PB207 would probably be ok for it, just a bit more than necessary.

coolbreeze,

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I bought a 3 pack of those cheap vertigo cyclone triple flame torches 5 years ago... they still work fine. All of them.. put them away for 2 years, picked them back up, didn't even change out the old fluid or anything, they still work. I've had single, double, triple flame, an IH, used coals out the fire and all.. but those cyclones still end up my favorite... quick and easy, especially outside... on a boat while fishing, no land in sight.. those single flames never stood a chance.

But I have an iM Corona old boy soft flame lighter that I paid over $100 bucks for. A decade ago or so. It has NEVER not fired on the first attempt. Amazing quality... but every time I look at it I'm reminded that I'm stupid enough to spend over 100 bucks on a lighter 😆

My point... no need to spend a bunch of money on a lighter. Most work fine. Pick one that you like, that's cheap, buy extras, have them stashed around... you lose one, who cares....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I bought a 3 pack of those cheap vertigo cyclone triple flame torches 5 years ago... they still work fine. All of them.. put them away for 2 years, picked them back up, didn't even change out the old fluid or anything, they still work. I've had single, double, triple flame, an IH, used coals out the fire and all.. but those cyclones still end up my favorite... quick and easy, especially outside... on a boat while fishing, no land in sight.. those single flames never stood a chance.

But I have an iM Corona old boy soft flame lighter that I paid over $100 bucks for. A decade ago or so. It has NEVER not fired on the first attempt. Amazing quality... but every time I look at it I'm reminded that I'm stupid enough to spend over 100 bucks on a lighter 😆

My point... no need to spend a bunch of money on a lighter. Most work fine. Pick one that you like, that's cheap, buy extras, have them stashed around... you lose one, who cares....
Love those Vertigo Cyclones, have a few. Various Jobson, Eagle and Zico (Scorch) and other name brand and no names that still work fine. Other than a bigger torch for dabbing I have never spent more than $12 on a torch, and usually less than $10. As long as you use quality butane, these torches can last a long time. I have never felt the need to overspend on them.

coolbreeze

Love those Vertigo Cyclones, have a few. Various Jobson, Eagle and Zico (Scorch) and other name brand and no names that still work fine. Other than a bigger torch for dabbing I have never spent more than $12 on a torch, and usually less than $10. As long as you use quality butane, these torches can last a long time. I have never felt the need to overspend on them.
It seems like the cheap, common favorites (eagle, honest, etc) are sorta more cheap, hobbyist bench tools compared to some of the pricier cigar torches, and as a result are designed to hold a flame for longer and to work in various positions, which is often where the more expensive torches fail.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: cybrguy

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦

I only use single flame torches, I’ve no need for triple flames (vape inside almost all the time), most torches round here are hit and miss, maybe 1 good lighter out of 10 and even then it’s not 100%, like I explained I had one explode into a total fireball and the other leaked gas out the bottom till empty, both brand new (not just shite but actually dangerous!), so cheap shite went in the bin, so I won’t be buying cheap again, I will pay up for quality I really don’t mind as long as I get something really good. Wasted enough on cheap torches over the years. And I only use the cleanest butane I can get here, Newport zero impurities.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

My_50p_worth

So a blazer hot shot might actually be suitable then.
It uses a different flame to the Firefox man

It kinda goes pb207>firefox>hot shot/big buddy types in terms of flame size.

They’re industrial torches made for some heavy duty work, the fact they’re used for butane vapes by a small percentage of customers was never something blazer considered. Some of the bigger torches would sooner get your cap glowing red than roast you a nice bowl :rofl:

You’ll be able to make a hot shot work but I do think you’ll end up being surprised how much more powerful it is than you need, a lot of them are also quite a bit larger than they seem on the photos

Just my observations anyway, I’m sure that VAS pusher @coolbreeze will tell you it’s a good excuse to buy an elev8r when it’s too much for the DV ;)

Last edited:

Flow

Anyone interested by a 2019 M for a hundred bucks ? :lol:

Lol... Dynadvertise from the dynaverse...
that sound like a requiem for me, as i don't wan't to gamble my money for that "gift-game". (hope you get it ? but maybe not... :D :D :D)
To me this is only possible BECAUSE they charge way more than the real cost of the device.

My_50p_worth

Anyone interested by a 2019 M for a hundred bucks ? :lol:

Lol... Dynadvertise from the dynaverse...
that sound like a requiem for me, as i don't wan't to gamble my money for that "gift-game". (hope you get it ? but maybe not... :D :D :D)
To me this is only possible BECAUSE they charge way more than the real cost of the device.
I love how they’ll act as if they don’t know how bad their customers want the old stuff, yet leverage that same fact regularly for some money or attention.

This 19m email offer is yet another example of it. For more money than they even sold them in the first place and with non original caps

No idea what George is playing at with this, but it’s not good for the company long term to keep selling out their customer loyalty like this

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

I love how they’ll act as if they don’t know how bad their customers want the old stuff, yet leverage that same fact regularly for some money or attention.

This 19m email offer is yet another example of it. For more money than they even sold them in the first place and with non original caps

No idea what George is playing at with this, but it’s not good for the company long term to keep selling out their customer loyalty like this
Think I payed about £50ish from vapefiend for mine, selling them for 100 is taking the piss especially because they have captive caps, older style caps should of been the standard on these, those shitty wispy captives can potentially put people of these great devices.

Smokey McVape

For me that ship sailed long ago.
Same here.
2017-2019 customer service was the best around.
2020 onwards and it's like somebody else took over the company and the service levels dropped considerably. The info being given out by DV is also questionable - e.g the new caps are the same as the old caps - easily proven to be completely inaccurate.

Demonic chronic

Same here.
2017-2019 customer service was the best around.
2020 onwards and it's like somebody else took over the company and the service levels dropped considerably. The info being given out by DV is also questionable - e.g the new caps are the same as the old caps - easily proven to be completely inaccurate.
Aye total bullshit on the caps, the have definitely changed. I bought a new standard cap recently and is almost low temp cap compared to my old caps, far 2 tame

My_50p_worth

Wanna know the worst part?

George reads all of this, just like he does on Reddit. He reads all of this and then makes a conscious decision to ignore it and carry on

I think that’s what stings worst.

I should also add, two months ago I emailed the CS regarding a shallow 19m tip, I got told I couldn’t have a replacement as they didn’t have any.

Now look what’s happened

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I honestly couldn't care less personally, although I agree it could hurt the Dynaverse in the long run. Customer service... when do we actually need it? These things last practically forever and from what I see warranties etc. still work well. I never order directly from them anyway, only had one contact because I won a Turbo Twister one day that got lost. All the limited stuff that sells out quickly, then reappears one or two years later – that is lame, but so what? I just don't buy it. I never tried captive caps and might never do that, but I get along with the current generation of regular caps and don't see them being very different at all.

It's always sad to see a nice company being swallowed by business tactics, but they are necessary when a company grows. The actual problem is our naive expectations (well fed by the Dyna team, though). On the other hand I wouldn't want Dynavap to stay a small company that is sold out all the time or goes bankrupt eventually.

There are a lot of things I didn't want to see from Dynavap in the last year or two, but that doesn't taint my love for the Dynavaps at all. It's just marketing.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

Wanna know the worst part?

George reads all of this, just like he does on Reddit. He reads all of this and then makes a conscious decision to ignore it and carry on

I think that’s what stings worst.

I should also add, two months ago I emailed the CS regarding a shallow 19m tip, I got told I couldn’t have a replacement as they didn’t have any.

Now look what’s happened
I’ve also got in touch with the dyna team several times asking them to bring back the older hotter caps but obviously they don’t listen:rofl: cause we get shite light Vapor producing caps and they differ wildly from 1 to another in performance.

My_50p_worth

I honestly couldn't care less personally, although I agree it could hurt the Dynaverse in the long run. Customer service... when do we actually need it? These things last practically forever and from what I see warranties etc. still work well. I never order directly from them anyway, only had one contact because I won a Turbo Twister one day that got lost. All the limited stuff that sells out quickly, then reappears one or two years later – that is lame, but so what? I just don't buy it. I never tried captive caps and might never do that, but I get along with the current generation of regular caps and don't see them being very different at all.

It's always sad to see a nice company being swallowed by business tactics, but they are necessary when a company grows. The actual problem is our naive expectations (well fed by the Dyna team, though). On the other hand I wouldn't want Dynavap to stay a small company that is sold out all the time or goes bankrupt eventually.

There are a lot of things I didn't want to see from Dynavap in the last year or two, but that doesn't taint my love for the Dynavaps at all. It's just marketing.
I dunno man, I read this and found it real hard to agree with. You can grow your business without this behaviour, I’ve never understood that opinion and am still yet to

Just because other businesses do dodgy things to grow doesn’t mean we issue George a pass under “necessary evil” exemptions or wave it off when it only affects others and not us

There’s been a very clear change in how George conducts his business and interacts with his customers, this entire thread is black and white evidence of said change.

I love my DV’s but I’m not a huge fan of DV in its current state

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@My_50p_worth – It's just I don't see many evils here. Some PR stunts, some bad looking stickers. Except for the Orion all their products are still great. I stay away from identifying my personal preferences with a company too much.

Demonic chronic

@My_50p_worth – It's just I don't see many evils here. Some PR stunts, some bad looking stickers. Except for the Orion all their products are still great. I stay away from identifying my personal preferences with a company too much.
and the fact that no 2 caps work similar at all. wildly different in performance. who's in charge of quality control for these caps nowadays:lol:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
As an owner of that OG glass tube and rubber mouthpiece, I feel like an older school DV fan. I prefer those old caps with friction fit, better heat transfer IME, no rattling. I stocked up on a few non-captives just in case they disappear. Would be interesting to do a poll of captive vs non-captive preference as it seems (anecdotally) that most prefer non.

Demonic chronic

As an owner of that OG glass tube and rubber mouthpiece, I feel like an older school DV fan. I prefer those old caps with friction fit, better heat transfer IME, no rattling. I stocked up on a few non-captives just in case they disappear. Would be interesting to do a poll of captive vs non-captive preference as it seems (anecdotally) that most prefer non.
Well said. I’m in the old school category myself on caps, hate captives they produce wispy vapor at best. and why is a standard cap £17.99 and a captive cap is £23🤔

Last edited:

bask

How is the button on the PB? It looks like a super sturdy lighter, but I hate piezoelectric switches that are stiff and a pain to hold.

I had a Lotus Citadel that I passed on, because of this. It’s almost perfect, it feels solid, it’s efficient, the lid to keep pocket flint out also keeps (most) wind away, the fuel window is nice and the hits it produces are incredible… but that stupid effing button feels horrid. You have to push really hard and it feels like most of the push emergy gets absorbed and it won’t always click. I absolutely hate that. And how I have to hold the lighter to heat perpendicular to the cap feels unergonomically uncomfortable.

Anyway [/rant]
But the search for lighters continues.

Demonic chronic

How is the button on the PB? It looks like a super sturdy lighter, but I hate piezoelectric switches that are stiff and a pain to hold.

I had a Lotus Citadel that I passed on, because of this. It’s almost perfect, it feels solid, it’s efficient, the lid to keep pocket flint out also keeps (most) wind away, the fuel window is nice and the hits it produces are incredible… but that stupid effing button feels horrid. You have to push really hard and it feels like most of the push emergy gets absorbed and it won’t always click. I absolutely hate that. And how I have to hold the lighter to heat perpendicular to the cap feels unergonomically uncomfortable.

Anyway [/rant]
But the search for lighters continues.
I am also in search for lighters, so i feel your pain:rofl:

Demonic chronic,
  • Sad
Reactions: bask
Top Bottom