Steamer

What are the notable performance differences between the 2021 Omni Ti tip and the older 9 fin?

I've also never had issues with the OG cap coming off, is that the only reason to opt for the captive cap or are there other performance benefits?
I guess you mean 5-fin tip? For me, personally, the Omni tip is very good! It has a lot of flavour, even at higher temps and the risk of combustion is definitely less due to the added mass. With that said: I've sometimes found it difficult to get enough heat in the tip, especially when there's a slight breeze. Triple torches did the job for me (now using an IH though). The 5-fin tip on the other hand heats up and extracts quicker, the flavour is very good too but all things considered, I like the Omni tip more :lol:

The captive caps are really a non issue for me. I just squeeze them so the indents barely catch on the tip, they sit nice and tight and work fine. I never switch around tips and caps so I got used to it pretty quickly.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Got an opportunity to try out TRWW “cooling units”. He is making these for his mouthpiece/condenser units and also for Dynavap sized condensers, which really excites me. These are SS but he says Ti is coming. View attachment 12881

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I guess you mean 5-fin tip? For me, personally, the Omni tip is very good! It has a lot of flavour, even at higher temps and the risk of combustion is definitely less due to the added mass. With that said: I've sometimes found it difficult to get enough heat in the tip, especially when there's a slight breeze. Triple torches did the job for me (now using an IH though). The 5-fin tip on the other hand heats up and extracts quicker, the flavour is very good too but all things considered, I like the Omni tip more :lol:

The captive caps are really a non issue for me. I just squeeze them so the indents barely catch on the tip, they sit nice and tight and work fine. I never switch around tips and caps so I got used to it pretty quickly.
You are correct, 5-fin... thanks for your feedback!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Steamer

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay, first sesh(es) report of the M.

I got the whole shebang package (dugout - is that what they still call these?) And Dynacoil.
It felt like a lot of shit (but they are very thorough in making sure you have extra parts)

I will admit that my very first impression of this vape was not very favorable when I hit it.
Wispy hits, (very flavorful) but meh... Getting and hearing the click was/is easily and the draw was unusually easy.
I finished that session and put it away disappointed.

Then I looked up some YT vids on the DC and learned (duh!) about the carb and plugging it off when hitting!
Ooooof! What a world of difference! This thing extracts way quicker and more efficiently than my other vapes, and this is a cool 'go to' to have.
Tiny hit, and extracted stupid quickly - I can dig it, and it has a rotation in my growing list.
(I foresee myself changing the levels of the diffuser to try even smaller hits)

Another good thing about the package deal was the inclusion of the 3/4 flame torch. This helps bring the VapCap up to temp in record time. My 'go to' micro torches (that I like to use for my SS VG) eventually got the VC to click, but my trigger thumb was not happy for the duration.

All in all, now that I know how to properly use this vape I am pleased with my purchase. The 'dugout' is an added bonus, and having a magnet to remove the cap is a plus.

Now to look into accessories :p

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Okay, first sesh(es) report of the M.

-snip-

Now to look into accessories :p
Can't recommend getting an induction heater more strongly.

Once you get the hang of it, it takes the DV to another level imo.

Maybe consider a DDave WaterWand kit as well.

Mega Pack is well worth it.

david8613

Dynavap is awesome! I placed an order during the back to school sale, spend 65.00 and get a free 2019 dynavap m for a friend. I already have a 21 m, so ordered a vong g, i got my order today and they sent me a 2020 dynavap m, with a slim dugout and a 20% coupon how awesome is that! Now what to buy with that 20% off. Made my day!!!

coolbreeze

This is my experience as well. The new Omni tip is hard to heat in one of my heaters, but otherwise is probably the biggest upgrade from the entire '21 lineup. Huge, flavorful hits is what I'm getting with torch or a slightly more aggressive heater. Works perfectly with the Wand. I actually like the captive cap on these new tips: I think they've finally found the sweet spot between looseness/tip config>more convection. The only real downside is the new tips shed an awful lot of heat off to the stems/bodies so I'm a little afraid to use them with my wooden stems. Otherwise, huge, flavorful hits.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Steamer

coolbreeze

Are the captive caps less restrictive to airflow? I assume if it fits loose, it would increase airflow.
They vary. Most I think are a bit looser so they're less restrictive, but the one that came on my Vong is fairly tight, for instance. I think the combination of the generally looser cap and the 'teeth' of the serrated top do increase airflow. I really like these tips on my Ed's glass WPAs as a result of that better airflow; they heat up all that mass for big hits, have an improved airflow, and I'm guessing that the increase in convection v. conduction from the tip profile and better airflow brings better flavor.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

DarkBidding

If I wanted to get a mouth pieces for my Vong and 2020 m what is recommended.
From Dynavap, you’d need an XL condenser and one of the spinning mouthpieces. Either titanium or one of the light or dark wood ones. For my ‘19m, I have the titanium spinning mouthpiece. I like it a lot. You can also upgrade and get a Simrell Stinger from The Simrell Collection, which has an adjustable length condenser and a spiraled intercooler piece, which will provide some turbulence and extra vapor cooling. Either way you go, the extra length gives better cooling and makes it easier to spin the vapcap when heating with a torch.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Havent tried, but for what I've read they dont work for dynavap
I wanted something to warm the BHO off my exacto that didn't need butane. It hardly radiates heat beyond the arc.

A little arc will trail over to the blade, just barely warming it enough to melt off the BHO.

Seems it wouldn't work with DV as it relies on ignition and almost no radiant heat involved.

Won't light butane either, which surprised me. Guess it's not a hot enough sort of spark.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I wanted something to warm the BHO off my exacto that didn't need butane. It hardly radiates heat beyond the arc.

A little arc will trail over to the blade, just barely warming it enough to melt off the BHO.

Seems it wouldn't work with DV as it relies on ignition and almost no radiant heat involved.

Won't light butane either, which surprised me. Guess it's not a hot enough sort of spark.

Weird! But really cool, what happens if you hold a tiny bit of bud right next to it, or in it?

kel,

GoldenBud

BHO in a VapCap....
breaking bad jeans GIF

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Anyone know where I can get one of those glass dynavap tips?

VapeEscapist,

D4Dank

There’s this new one I’ve been seeing on Instagram where the actual tip is glass as well. The only metal thing on it is the cap

D4Dank,

rvarick

Got an opportunity to try out TRWW “cooling units”. He is making these for his mouthpiece/condenser units and also for Dynavap sized condensers, which really excites me. These are SS but he says Ti is coming. View attachment 12881
Glad to see an alternative cooling spiral is being offered, as the popular option isn't available separately (for some reason). I'm curious though as to how these will fit into a standard condenser? On mine, the end of the condenser sits almost flush with the end of the stem when installed, and the condenser also inserts slightly into the (Ti) tip. It seems like these wouldn’t fit in this setup? Also, how easy is it to twist these into a spiral, and/or any tips? And lastly, wondering if SS may start to heat the vapor vs. cool it on longer sessions, as it doesn't cool as quickly as Ti?

MK

There’s this new one I’ve been seeing on Instagram where the actual tip is glass as well. The only metal thing on it is the cap
You are probably just seeing the glass body OG dynavap from years gone by. Looks cool but you aint missin out, performance out of em is meh compared to the metal bodies and tips. Where the tip is on the glass body is ground/frosted so it looks like it would be a 10mm/14mm connection if you aren't used to seein em.

Top Bottom