VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
That looks like a Star Wars weapon.

It's taken my slow ass more than a few months but I've really gotten the hang of controlling the temp of the DynaCoil with BHO in glass WaterWand plus FTV GO IH running stock glass cup and no silicone spacers.

Getting most flavor, without any throat burn, and I can vape the coil to dry mostly. Different types of concentrate seem to vape more completely and different strains of BHO can vape a bit better depending on their profile. The Sour Banana (*I think it was a little premature) made some of my least favorite BHO. After a hit or 2 it would literally start to taste like burnt wax and was kind of smoky. Can't remember another strain making for such distasteful concentrate. In contrast the Galactic Jelly BHO vapes great off the coil from first to last hit.

I brought home some live balanced badder, live sugar, and sugar wax, from Mass in June. The badder vaped easily and completely, the sugar wax looked like apricot baby food and vaped the next easiest. The live sugar didn't vape nearly as well as the other 2 and was the least tasty.

Serving people hits with a DV is kinda tricky I found, because timing is so important; but a lot of that seems dependent on their general smoking/vaping experience level too.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
That looks like a Star Wars weapon.

It's taken my slow ass more than a few months but I've really gotten the hang of controlling the temp of the DynaCoil with BHO in glass WaterWand plus FTV GO IH running stock glass cup and no silicone spacers.

Getting most flavor, without any throat burn, and I can vape the coil to dry mostly. Different types of concentrate seem to vape more completely and different strains of BHO can vape a bit better depending on their profile. The Sour Banana (*I think it was a little premature) made some of my least favorite BHO. After a hit or 2 it would literally start to taste like burnt wax and was kind of smoky. Can't remember another strain making for such distasteful concentrate. In contrast the Galactic Jelly BHO vapes great off the coil from first to last hit.

I brought home some live balanced badder, live sugar, and sugar wax, from Mass in June. The badder vaped easily and completely, the sugar wax looked like apricot baby food and vaped the next easiest. The live sugar didn't vape nearly as well as the other 2 and was the least tasty.

Serving people hits with a DV is kinda tricky I found, because timing is so important; but a lot of that seems dependent on their general smoking/vaping experience level too.
What's your technique...? How long past the click etc.... I d been playing but not quite to my liking....

Chicken No Name,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
What's your technique...? How long past the click etc.... I d been playing but not quite to my liking....

Well, your set up is maybe different than mine in some way, so YMMV with my technique. *To be exact - DynaCoil loaded with BHO in steel tip with glass DDave WaterWand plus FTV GO IH running stock glass cup and no silicone spacers. Into DDaves "Da Rippah" bong, sometimes with mini ice cubes but sometimes not.

I always torch the coil clean before loading. I load pretty large dabs of bho (sometimes topped with CBD isolate, broad spectrum CBG wax, broad spectrum CBN wax, and CBDV crystals), something you can get 5-6 clouds out of.

I do one full heat cycle and then heat 1-3 secs past the click after that depending on the results from the first 2 draws I scale back or up the time keeping the tip in a sweet zone of relatively cool vapor. Each dab I draw about the volume of the bong or not much past when it hits my throat.

:science:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Yes off course. I'm talking about the venturi effect that happens to some extent in a dyna.
A higher pressure drop will draw more vapor laden air from the tip.

It may pull more through the airport but that flow is primarily driven by human suction I expect. :) It will pull more flow through the tip as the low pressure area is effectively right above the tip. @TheThriftDrifter is a fan of the hard pull and I think @TommyDee maybe as well. I don't use the airport, I think TD swings both ways. :lol:

I do believe I can confirm that TheThriftDrifter does indeed enjoy a good hard pull. :D

....... a word of warning though.... don't pull toooooo hard........

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Well, your set up is maybe different than mine in some way, so YMMV with my technique. *To be exact - DynaCoil loaded with BHO in steel tip with glass DDave WaterWand plus FTV GO IH running stock glass cup and no silicone spacers. Into DDaves "Da Rippah" bong, sometimes with mini ice cubes but sometimes not.

I always torch the coil clean before loading. I load pretty large dabs of bho (sometimes topped with CBD isolate, broad spectrum CBG wax, broad spectrum CBN wax, and CBDV crystals), something you can get 5-6 clouds out of.

I do one full heat cycle and then heat 1-3 secs past the click after that depending on the results from the first 2 draws I scale back or up the time keeping the tip in a sweet zone of relatively cool vapor. Each dab I draw about the volume of the bong or not much past when it hits my throat.

:science:
Thanks.
Your situation v similar to mine hence the ask.
Coil, steel tip, rosin, click and go using 3 pads. Using glass stem, no bong.
I've been going about 3 to 4 secs past click.

More pressing:
Boss lady has instructed me to treat the deck.

Fortunately, I have reinforcements to help out.....

IMG_20210913_092923678_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

JJ785

is there a glass that i can stick to the SJK wall so i can use it at max heat but it will touch only glass ? just wow the efffects.....
I just use a regular (15 to 10mm approx) bong glass adapter in my SJK, to enable hands-free use,
without any (apparent) heat reduction afaict. A tiny piece of cork is inserted underneath the glass to steady it.

Last edited:

Cannabiker

Thanks for the inspiration, @The Stray Fox. My camping style leans toward posh, with good food and other creature comforts, but I was lacking a dedicated water piece. Sure, I've brought along a small, cheap bubbler occasionally, but I'd always worry about breaking it. I prefer to set up camp to be as worry-free as possible.

The Quiver Summit is perfect. Yes, it's small, at just under 7", but the classic beaker-bong shape compensates for that with good water capacity at its wide base and a fairly wide bore for strong pulls. It has holes drilled in the down-stem for better perc than the open end on traditional beakers. Its size makes it fairly water-level sensitive, but I don't mind a little splash with dry herb vapes--it's not like nasty combustion bong water.

I also really like the Water Wand, though I did have to make a small mod for better fit. DDave posts a warning that the taper is sized to fit in a Dynastash, which may affect fit in some devices, but he still calls it a 14mm joint. It is not. It actually measures 13mm, which means the fit in the Summit is basically hot dog in a hallway. It drops right past the taper and bottoms out where the Summit has a straight tube welded to the tapered bit. It works like that, but it's sloppy, so I added a bit of heat-shrink tubing as a bushing. Now it fits great, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of a similar stem, straight-bore with no condenser or carb, that's a true 14mm.

The only other issue came up after a session. I was admiring the little bong sitting on the picnic table when the big "Q" on the neck jumped out at me. That's kind of a fraught symbol these days. But Quiver had it first, and this piece is designed to last forever. Hopefully the other meaning of that innocent letter will fade quickly.IMG_3801_lowres (2).JPGIMG_3806_lowres.JPG

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Only issue I’ve had with the quiver bubbler and vapcaps is sometimes when using the master adapter silicone piece it restricts the airflow too much. But when using a straight glass 14mm connection or vong it hits a lot better.
great piece and lasts a lifetime. Some ppl just can’t get over the all titanium aspect tho.
oh and it’s not see-through so for certain vapes like sticky bricks wpa is not as good for.

whatitdew,

GoldenBud

is there a ss316 bubbler out there? the quiver is too expensive for me, now

edit: by the way.. i like the Ti tip! stopped heating for the tip's heat soaking..all smooth

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Morty

Got some super terpy Ghost OG clocking in at around 30%. Blowin' some Goddamn bong sized rips w/ a half pack bowl on my '20 M. Thick & Dense! :brow:

Smooth as hell for me and no need for a water tool as I leave the airport open (occasionally feathering towards the end).

I fucking love this little vaporizer. Quick, efficient, potent, unobtrusive, easy to matain, etc., etc.....

Not sure I need anything else at the moment? (Underdog is always tempting!)

:rofl:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I also really like the Water Wand, though I did have to make a small mod for better fit. DDave posts a warning that the taper is sized to fit in a Dynastash, which may affect fit in some devices, but he still calls it a 14mm joint. It is not. It actually measures 13mm, which means the fit in the Summit is basically hot dog in a hallway. It drops right past the taper and bottoms out where the Summit has a straight tube welded to the tapered bit. It works like that, but it's sloppy, so I added a bit of heat-shrink tubing as a bushing. Now it fits great, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of a similar stem, straight-bore with no condenser or carb, that's a true 14mm.
I retired my Water Wands for a couple these:

but they are kinda pricey, even on sale... I also like using this adapter that was included in a cheap bubbler kit:
7FEE2CB0-3080-4B22-BB6E-4366EBCF9D92.jpeg

many cheapo 14mm adapters will fit tips...

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Anyone know if the 21 omni has a 10mm mouth piece, don’t have a 10mm glass piece to try and cant find shit on net.

Demonic chronic,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I retired my Water Wands for a couple these:

but they are kinda pricey, even on sale... I also like using this adapter that was included in a cheap bubbler kit:
View attachment 13056

many cheapo 14mm adapters will fit tips...

That “stubby”, looks so CUTE!
I bought the Inception J-Hook from that site, when it was on sale at 40% off.

I’ve been using a 3” version, same idea:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
That “stubby”, looks so CUTE!
I bought the Inception J-Hook from that site, when it was on sale at 40% off.

I’ve been using a 3” version, same idea:
Haha, yeah, I know you like the small stuff.... me, too...! Super quick and easy to clean with a single q-tip...! I also got a "smoke" Inception J-hook for 40% off on 4/20... I like it, but I hardly ever use it in favor of water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom