kel

FuckMisogynists!
I honestly wish there was something I wanted, even going through the hassle of paying VAT, Import Duty and the extra shipping and delivery charge it would probably be worthwhile... but I am literally wanting for nothing ... except the free one for a friend*

😂

*who can't afford it right now but wants to stop combusting

I keep thinking about giving them my 'spare' one I don't use myself, believe it or not I only have three, but it's the one I let people try out if they visit and are interested so that seems silly! Ahh well... maybe one of the retailers in the UK will extend the offer over here haha

Congratulations on your new purchases and freebies everyone - enjoy!!! :tup:

I am still using my original vong cause the custom ones I make dont make it through customs...ironic.
my GAS can't be helped however
got these accessories for my trusty walnut 14mm vong:
A new Clipper Jet lighter and this Black Leaf Swiss cheese perc/precooler

gure.jpg

nice diffusion, I use it in this mini beaker I got with da whip

and man, that Lighter is real nice...
it was only like 8 bucks but it feels like a fancy pen.
The can of gas 3 bucks, lasts very long.
Single flame, smallest setting...smooth af
fire.png

am very pleased with it, and it has a 2 year guarantee lol just in case

That Clipper looks great, is it modular and maintainable like the regular clippers?

Oadslug

I was doing a search for dynavap o-rings and came across this post on Reddit by user u/leortrades. Thought I would share. Cannot vouch for info, but plan on ordering some, and will report back. Hopefully he doesn’t mind me quoting him. Apologize for the formatting.
Fullfiling your o-ring needs!

FKM is has an A-rating for ISO resistance so I feel better about leaving them in the alcohol while I clean/milk my stem. FKM also is the most FDA approved silicone for its strength, and its tear and water resistance.

FKM (ISO resistent, 230 C max):

Tip O-rings - [here](https://www.oringsandmore.com/fkm-o-ring-6-x-1mm-minimum-25-pcs/)

Condenser X-rings - [little](https://www.oringsandmore.com/fkm-x-rings-size-007-minimum-2-pcs/) & [big](https://www.oringsandmore.com/fkm-x-rings-size-008-minimum-2-pcs/)

Silicone (Non ISO resistent, 260 C max):

Tip O-rings - [here](https://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-6-x-1mm-minimum-10-pcs/)

Condenser X-rings - [little](https://www.oringsandmore.com/x-rings-3-68-x-1-78mm-minimum-10-pcs/) & [big](https://www.oringsandmore.com/x-rings-4-47-x-1-78mm-minimum-10-pcs/)

Not that I don't like or trust OEM, I just love the whole customizability of Dynavap and like to choose the material of my possessions. The red color might give it a nice look or do nothing at all. If I ever find the FFKM o-rings I'll update.

Concerning the difference in heat resistance, as long as you don't apply direct heat to the FKM, I'm sure it is safe. But let's be honest, direct flame to OEM o-rings will eventually end the same way. I'll keep update with anything relevant.

Sources:

Material comparison chart - [https://www.allorings.com/o-ring-ma...ww.allorings.com/o-ring-materials-comparison)

FDA approved rubber materials - [https://www.nes-ips.com/the-best-fda-approved-ru...](https://www.nes-ips.com/the-best-fda-approved-rubber-materials/#:~:text=We've chosen four of,you narrow down your choices.&text=Known more commonly by its,and do not absorb water)
Update: just ordered lifetime supply (the minimum I could order of each) for $12.31 including shipping. :) Will report back results.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Just got my Back to school sale Stuff. The free 2019 M was added to my package. I am a bit confused but also pleased. The Ti tip I received appears to be the old style Ti tip pictured here on the left. The new version of the Ti tip is on the green stem on the right. Maybe just old stock? View attachment 12302
the left is what I've come to know as the Gen1 tip. The one on the right was a quiet redesign. Not sure what product they were introduced with.

Planck

believes in Dog
I was doing a search for dynavap o-rings and came across this post on Reddit by user u/leortrades. Thought I would share. Cannot vouch for info, but plan on ordering some, and will report back. Hopefully he doesn’t mind me quoting him. Apologize for the formatting.
Hey welcome to the joint, err forum @Oadslug :wave:

leotrades seems a bit confused.
"FKM is has an A-rating for ISO resistance so I feel better about leaving them in the alcohol while I clean/milk my stem. FKM also is the most FDA approved silicone for its strength, and its tear and water resistance."

The OEM o-rings are Viton which is the premium FKM formulation, (type 5 I think, not positive)

1)FKM is a fluorocarbon based material, it is not silicone, they are two completely different compounds.
2)The FDA does not approve products for strength, tear and water resistance.
most FDA approved nonsense, wtf does that even mean.

If you got generic FKM they should be affectively as good as OEM and much cheaper, as are OEM Viton when bulk purchased.

Burning fluorocarbon elastomers fumes are extremely nasty, They may contain hydrogen fluoride which on contact with moisture (maybe your moisture) produces hydrofluoric acid, not your friend.

Conclusions;
Do not burn you o rings!
George/Dynavap's choice of o ring material was excellent.
Bulk purchases are often cost effective.
Hydrofluoric acid is not your friend, it's not you it hates practically everything.
user u/leortrades is some guy on the internet.

Cheers :cheers:

cheezyvapor

someone correct me if i am wrong but in addition to that pic, theres 2 other models not shown: Gen 6 improved with deeper grooves, and the other "Gen 6+" with wider but shallower grooves.

iirc the wider/shallower version was not well received which is why i think they reverted back to the deeper groove design. what did they do with all that stock of wider/shallower? if you look youll find it.

Oadslug

Hey welcome to the joint, err forum @Oadslug :wave:

leotrades seems a bit confused.
"FKM is has an A-rating for ISO resistance so I feel better about leaving them in the alcohol while I clean/milk my stem. FKM also is the most FDA approved silicone for its strength, and its tear and water resistance."

The OEM o-rings are Viton which is the premium FKM formulation, (type 5 I think, not positive)

1)FKM is a fluorocarbon based material, it is not silicone, they are two completely different compounds.
2)The FDA does not approve products for strength, tear and water resistance.
most FDA approved nonsense, wtf does that even mean.

If you got generic FKM they should be affectively as good as OEM and much cheaper, as are OEM Viton when bulk purchased.

Burning fluorocarbon elastomers fumes are extremely nasty, They may contain hydrogen fluoride which on contact with moisture (maybe your moisture) produces hydrofluoric acid, not your friend.

Conclusions;
Do not burn you o rings!
George/Dynavap's choice of o ring material was excellent.
Bulk purchases are often cost effective.
Hydrofluoric acid is not your friend, it's not you it hates practically everything.
user u/leortrades is some guy on the internet.

Cheers :cheers:
Thanks. I was hoping someone would come along and set the record straight! Much appreciated. When you say burning o-rings is toxic, is Viton any less toxic? Are the stem o-rings also Viton? Thanks.

As a side, I noticed that the new VonG tip (and omni?) only have the two o-rings, which both fit inside the stem when assembled — and thus presumably more protected from possible direct flame. I’m wondering if this is a mildly safer setup to avoid potential toxic fumes? Not that I’m terribly concerned, as neither configuration is in the vapor path. Just my brain spinning.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks. I was hoping someone would come along and set the record straight! Much appreciated. When you say burning o-rings is toxic, is Viton any less toxic? Are the stem o-rings also Viton? Thanks.
So, here is my NSHO. I have been using VC since 2014 or so and I have never burned an oring. The end of the cap is a full 1/2" from the one oring that is exposed at the tip joint so it is unlikely to accidently be under the torch. And, even if you managed to burn one, the "smoke" would not be in the air path as it is outside the tip itself. As we don't (usually) heat the VC while in our mouths but instead usually in our hands in front of us (or in a IH) we are unlikely to inhale anything produced from that accidental burning of the oring. Or so it seems to me.

Steamer

Just got my Back to school sale Stuff. The free 2019 M was added to my package. I am a bit confused but also pleased. The Ti tip I received appears to be the old style Ti tip pictured here on the left. The new version of the Ti tip is on the green stem on the right. Maybe just old stock?
I've bought a Ti tip a few months ago (through a vendor though) and received the left version. I'm starting to think that they went back to the original design.

Planck

believes in Dog

As a side, I noticed that the new VonG tip (and omni?) only have the two o-rings, which both fit inside the stem when assembled — and thus presumably more protected from possible direct flame. I’m wondering if this is a mildly safer setup to avoid potential toxic fumes? Not that I’m terribly concerned, as neither configuration is in the vapor path. Just my brain spinning.
Viton is brand name for a premium FKM so the same potential exists.
The stem rings are Viton.
we are unlikely to inhale anything produced from that accidental burning of the oring. Or so it seems to me.
I agree but since u/leortrades said But let's be honest, direct flame to OEM o-rings will eventually end the same way. I would be remise in not mentioning burning FDM is dangerous, hydrofluoric acid is very nasty. Don't inhale, don't get it in your eyes or on your skin.

Many burning "plastics" are very nasty, PVC for example can produce Dixon. My rule of thumb is all burning "plastics" are potentially dangerous / deadly. Saves time. :)

Don't panic, don't burn your O-rings.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Gen1 is a way more elegant descriptor. For no particular reason, other than I like the looks, I prefer the Gen 1 but I don’t have any complaints about Gen2s. I am trying to get more into my various SS tips. I’ve been neglecting them. I just threw a ‘19 on a Winegums stem and love it.

This is where I get "GEN1" from. I just got one of the '18 Omni's and it has the old style 'hard edge" tip;

gen1omni.PNG

I think that makes the XL Gen2 maybe. A fuzzy history.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
But off topic but I’m in the market for a new grinder (for no reason), I’m currently rocking a space case but been looking at a Santa Cruz shredder, anyone who’s used both how do they compare while being used for vapes etc?

Demonic chronic,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
But off topic but I’m in the market for a new grinder (for no reason), I’m currently rocking a space case but been looking at a Santa Cruz shredder, anyone who’s used both how do they compare while being used for vapes etc?

I wouldn't bother, the Space Case is more or less as good as these things get and it's only going to be a small improvement, if any? I have one of the hemp SC grinders and wasn't overly impressed... I have however picked up a Flower Mill and been blown away by how much better it is than a traditional grinder, massive upgrade from the Space Case which has sat on the shelf, untouched, since that arrived! I would recommend picking up the FM expansion pack for the one step down screen option which is perfect for DynaVap.

Top Bottom