• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Yeah, I don't know. That Wand thing looks pretty awkward to me. Every video I watch it looks like the person is gonna knock the gong/cup right out of the joint. Or the cap off a DV tip. Maybe not, but that's what it looks like. Definitely agree that the variable temp feature is a long time coming, and good for them for introducing new technology. I think I'm still saving for the Sense.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Real-time draws is what we've all been after whether you know it or not @RogueGuy . The tame profile of the wand is what makes it possible.

The experience can land on both sides of the coin. Lighter molecules seem to readily merge with heavier ones and while you may get the medicinal benefit, the flavor sometimes lags when you're in a rush. Pacing is part of vape sipping. I find it particularly handy is when you get to that 'second wave' between light and dark brown reserves.

I don't have a wand yet but I'd really like to do a deep-dive review on the insides and the workings. If nothing else, the wand is definitely showing people why slowing the heating cycle is a good thing. They did a nice job with no PR for DV making sales boons. Hat's off! ;]

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TommyDee @thunderstealer1337 its interesting because there are 4 presets for the Dry Herb setting but there is no literature on what those temps are. There is a green light that goes on when it senses metal, i figure when it first comes on it is probably heating at the tip

RogueGuy,

androponic

vaped.
i thought it was discovered that the wand doesnt actually sense temps but actually the temp settings just adjust a time threshold. has this been proven otherwise by anyone?

androponic,

alex91

Does anyone have the VHB Carbon and Wand for comparison? I’m torn between those two. Would like to get a similar performance of a single flame torch and go for that coffee black AVB.

Last edited:
alex91,

Texus

My understanding is that the way temp is calculated doesn't apply to using DVs. As in, the device doesn't have the built in capability to read and adjust temp on the fly. Please correct me if I am wrong here. I don't think I have seen the green light come on. Only Red (something detected, but no heating; which I often see for my 2021 Ti Omni tip if I don't insert it just right), and yellow (which comes on when the device is on and heating what was inserted. Note that 99% of my usage has been with DVs.

rvarick

Does anyone have the VHB Carbon and Wand for comparison? I’m torn between those two.
Don't have a VHB Carbon unfortunately, but as someone with both a Fluxer Flite, as well as a PSM - the Wand is certainly giving them both a run for the $ - especially given the price, availability, and ability to also use with concentrates. I still think my Flite provides the most customized heating options with the PWM option, and the Wand is the least portable; but it works quite well and cooks with a nice aggressiveness, with very little fuss, especially when using it with the SKC insert adapter. I'm quite impressed.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@rvarick - could you post a pic of the Wand and Flite side by side? I'm really curious as to the real size. That would be awesome.

I can see the Wands original temp sensing to be interpolation based on a known quantity - the metal in the bangers. The VC's have no consistency and therefore the readings would be toast. However, they do remain relative.

rvarick

@rvarick - could you post a pic of the Wand and Flite side by side? I'm really curious as to the real size. That would be awesome.

I can see the Wands original temp sensing to be interpolation based on a known quantity - the metal in the bangers. The VC's have no consistency and therefore the readings would be toast. However, they do remain relative.
Sure, here you go - Flite #001 and Wand # ?:

84F8C5D3-E307-4783-9B61-6BC0299671A1.jpegA2BD7F6C-D800-456B-98A7-0738DB4DDF1C.jpeg

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

Each wand has a serial #, firmware and software revision #'s, and even the time the unit was flashed to get the latest firmware etc.

Tbh, everyone's guess of how the wand works is wrong imo. No reason to have 3 diff sensors that actually read live temps/displays and not use anything to correlate how it regulates itself is just a wasted design. The timing if true, why are there 3 diff temp sponsors if it's just a timed setting against the selected temp?

Again it's amazing the features this wand has. I've never seen firmware update revs with a date and time code built in, usually that's recorded elsewhere

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Here is a "dip and sip" session. I let it click first, light vapor, then I shot the video. I have not heated a bowl to the click yet where it was too hot on any setting.

It works really well with a dab but I believe the glass is boro and the flavor wasn't as good as a quartz banger

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Here is a "sip and dip" session. I let it click first, light vapor, then I shot the video. I have not heated a bowl to the click yet where it was too hot on any setting.

It works really well with a dab but I belie e the glass is boro and the flavor wasn't as good as a quartz banger

I can see the appeal here, very cool!

Also nice to see your face, a first here, at least for me so far :tup:

kel,
Reactions: jds

jds

Here is a "sip and dip" session. I let it click first, light vapor, then I shot the video. I have not heated a bowl to the click yet where it was too hot on any setting.

It works really well with a dab but I believe the glass is boro and the flavor wasn't as good as a quartz banger

I really want to try one after seeing that video, very cool!

ThirdEyeHigh

The sip n dip method is cool.

I'm still waiting on delivery on my wand, I ordered from SmokeCartel to AUS, it's here in Aus but yet offically make it's way to me, I'm trying to be patient :)

In the 2 weeks I've had my vapcap I've only combusted once, and now I have the bb9 it's amazingly cool vapour for the size of the hits I get with a single flame and a slow heat up.

ThirdEyeHigh,
Reactions: RogueGuy

ThirdEyeHigh

Being still new to Vapcaps there was something that I experimented with last night was packing my 21M tip really tight with as much as I could fit in, I would do 2 initial hits on it before I would take the cap use the the lip (whatever it is called) to gently slice the bowl in half, being really gentle not to spill any herb as I bought it back out of the bowl, a quick tamp and a slow heat-up near the base for the next one and it was giving me gigantic hits. I guess stirring would be similar but it's so small to stir properly, slicing a tight packed bowl seems to create enough space in the puck to get a really massive hit.

I have always been a person to overpack my vapes!

vandalizedbythelotus

I used to always use an IH until maybe a few months ago, now I’m back on torches full time, I get higher with a torch, the IH always left the weed unevenly cooked whereas the torch cooks it evenly, so torches all the way🔥🔥
have you tried multiple IH's, from different manufacturers? DIY? sounds like poor coil calibration to me. *cough*dynatec*cough*

vandalizedbythelotus,
Top Bottom