vandalizedbythelotus

@Demonic chronic it's a bit counter-intuitive but it's basically like cooking in a pan. if there's too much heat too fast (if the coil is too aggressive, too tight or shallow) you get a fast click with possibly scorched outside and under-cooked inside. think triple jet aimed too close.

IME, if you want nice even cooking (the kind of effect single jet has with ~20s heating time), it takes at least 10s for the TI tip, longer for SS with a properly tuned slow roast coil. you can somewhat overcome an aggressive coil by breaking up the heating curve (pulsing).

and because there's too much cap and tip variation, i think IH's must have some way of aiming the coil (adjusting the depth of the coil chamber), same as aiming a torch, in order to get comparable results.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
There's so many ways to heat up a tip using an IH (for me VapOven)

My favourite at the moment is three full cycles (heat up and cool down to the click) with a ss tip and a low temp cap - respecting the click every time... after that third heat cycle it's perfect for toking on - seems to hold the temp just right for a good while!

Ricardo

Hi guys, it's been a long time since we rock n' rolled! I hope everyone is safe and well. I just want wanted to comment on how well these Vapcaps are made, right? I managed to remain largely immune to VAD (vaporizer acquisition disorder) and I'm still using just the beautiful Ti Omnivap with 2 wooden bodies, a condenserless darkwood nonavong through the Chinese mini-bong and very occasionally (for fear of breakage) the precious OG. I can't check my purchase history on the new Dynavap Web page, but when did this all start guys? Squiby, Stark1, lookhigh, cybrguy, beyond6strings, jillNYC, all you old timers. Was it 2016, 2017??? I'm writing this because apart from o-rings and screens, I've never felt the need to upgrade (apart for a couple of Ms for a couple of friends)......

But a while ago I noticed a pinprick hole in one of the 3 caps and decided to replace it with a new captive cap. It was love at first click! And what a fast and solid double click it is! Plus the haptic response is unmistakable - great for in the dark, wearing headphones etc. It cools down waaay faster too...Great for quick sessions or single tokes. Each of the other three old caps behaves differently. One of them takes forever to cool down, resulting in burnt loads when I forget to wait for the cool-down click. It's been flame all the way for me since the fuse blew on my Chinese SJK dental IH. But we live in the mountains now and I'm mostly outdoors with a pocket full of lighters. The captive cap is great in windy weather.
So, I love that Dynavap has been so successful but I have to think that George must have missed the lectures on "Built-in Obsolescence" at business school :). A big hello to all the oldies and welcome to the newcomers. !Hasta luegito!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wasn't part of the kickstarter or even in the first wave, but I got my first one around the end of 2015 after Paypal kicked George off their service. I was beta testing the Zion at that time and one of the other beta testers (can't remember which) turned me on to checking out Dynavap and the rest is history. I DID get VAS and have quite a few VapCaps, almost exclusively from Dynavap, tho I have recently acquired a SDS titanium stem which I like very much. I still use a torch sometimes, but have a couple Pipes IHs as well. I do loves me some VapCap and I still use them a lot, tho of late I use battery vapes more.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I'm still loving my DV's, since 2018! My others vapes are good but Dyna is a beast! It helped me to stop combustion and for that I will always be grateful. It continues to give me heavy and desired effects! The olders tip&caps work great with me, carbless or not. I've lost my OmniXl few weeks ago (sad event!), here are my humble daily drivers now (used with torch or IH). The smaller one in wood and titanium MP is for outside use in stealth mode (it's illegal in my country):

Last edited:

stonedmallone

My 2020m is still lost somewhere in my house. I have been searching for 6 months now, top to bottom, cannot find it. You would think after buying several more Dynavaps I'd lose the itch, but nope, still want to find it. Mark my words fam, I will return one day with a success story on finding it. It might be several years from now, but I will tag this post and share my victory. It will be a glorious day.

“SEVERAL YEARS”..... you PROMISE?

Oh you best believe, I PROMISE. Too be honest I really thought I would have found this by now. I really do mean i turned this place upside down. Got desperate enough to spam order 3 dynavaps basically on the spot once I had enough of looking LOL. I have come to terms with the fact that it's not out and about or under anything. It's inside something, i just don't know what. I am assuming high me decided to play a bit of a long game of hide and seek. one day....

Yup, I really dug deep with this one. I must have gotten so baked that I tucked it into the craziest spot in my place...

trust me this was the first, second, fifth, ninth, fifteenth and fiftieth place I checked. over and over. tore it completely apart! nothing.. and I'm still not confident it's not in there. I will give it another go probably today.

I have some personal news that I am VERY excited to share..... I can finally come back with a success story. THE 2020m HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: LFG!!!!!!!!!
I am so hyped right now, this is a big dub for your boy. This cat & mouse game had been going on for too long, I had flipped my house so so so many times to try and find this thing. I went out and spam bought 3 Dynavaps just to fill the void, but for some reason I just HAD to find this fucker. It was almost like having a rat in your house at all times, constantly thinking about where it is.

So... where was it?????

the couch.
the freakin' couch.
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
it's always the couch. Idk how, I checked a thousand times.
Check your couches guys.

StringTheorista

For me if I can't find something it's under the dog.
Same. My tv remote is always under the dog.
Started with the 17M, gave it away when I got the 18. I miss that 17, but just for nostaglia’s sake. I think the 19M is the platonic ideal of the M. Juuust missed out on the glass OGs—they were still on the dynavap site when I started poking around, but I wasn’t ready for vapcaps yet.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
So... where was it?????

the couch.
the freakin' couch.
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
it's always the couch. Idk how, I checked a thousand times.
Check your couches guys.

I'm not one for saying I told you so... :razz:
Dude, it fell in the crack of your couch. Take the pillows out and look in there. It will be next to the dirty pennies and an old starburst (cherry flavor).

I continually find mine in the top pocket of various sweaters I wear in the evenings. I have been known to wash a few.

stonedmallone

I'm not one for saying I told you so... :razz:
You know what is funny is after your comment I went and checked the couch later that day again for the 20th time lmao. I flipped it upside down, everything out, I went under the lining. Man I have no clue how I missed every time. But yesterday I was actually moving the couch to get behind it and sure as shit staring me in the face was the 2020m. Even had a half spent bowl to boot in there.. It was definitely lodged in a spot that I missed each time.. Something got it loose eventually. But man was a wild ride! Happy it's over

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I think we need those strap doohickies like people attach to glasses so they don't lose them. What's the worst that can happen? It's not like we haven't burned ourselves before.

Top Bottom