FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don’t drop in here often, as this thread moves so damn fast, but I find myself in need of advice…

I need to upgrade my everyday-carry Omni and find a less metal setup for concerts and avoiding metal detectors.

Are there any glass pendants that would accept a Dyna tip?

An ideal setup for me would be a glass pendant with good airflow, minimal restriction, and ideally something that can perform well without a condenser tube.

All suggestions are welcome!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
When I grabbed ed those Kings Stems I also picked up an Assassin. I picked it up because of how many different ways it can be used and tailored to the user. This set up has the least draw resistance I believe I’ve come across yet. I’ve yet to fall in love with the ‘21 Omni Tip and ‘21 cap combo but I’ve been able to work most of its kinks out with a double torch. I was unsure what I was going to do with the high flow Intercooler, I got it in the MVS pre sale, but it’s been great with TheRougeWaxWorks mouthpiece. The big air port on the Assassin, high flow Intercooler, TRWW very generously wide Ti condenser tube, and the ‘21 cap diameter being over sized, makes for almost to much airflow?? It will give big hits but lacks the density more resistance can provide. 392CE38E-D709-498F-874E-5FE7D4F559DF.jpeg27C90709-B19E-4A34-8F42-22E80C78C99D.jpeg

@FlyingLow I could see a Kings Keg looking like a bead worn on a piece of hemp or what have you. It’s not glass but meets all the other criteria.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Not glass but what about the joe king barrel? You could wear it in as a bead pendant, then put a tip in it when you want to hit it
Edit: Stray fox, typed this earlier, just posted then saw what you said. Great minds, maybe…

also worth checking out Etsy. something like this could work, easy to turn into a pendant by looping a string around the middle. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1031504071/galaxy-35-inch-pink-gold-fumed-glass

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
When you say 21 cap, you mean the stock captive cap that comes with the omni? Isn't it the same as any other captive cap or is there a 21 captive cap just for the Omni? :)
There is no special cap for the Omni. I was just stating it was a newer cap and in this case running on what I would consider the cool side. I favor the older caps.

Ganjora

Another VAS victim.
Bought a new omni yesterday.
Normally i am wracked with guilt after splurging at the vape store, not this time.
A strange peace has come over me.
When i bought my M it was after buying another vape, which didn't work for me. I said no to the omni in case i was wasting more money, but promised myself if it worked for me that i'd upgrade.
Had a good look at some close up photos of the new omni.
It spent a lot of time being machined. Lots of detail.
It's beautiful.
I only hope i love it as much as the M.

Edit: spelling

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Nice one @Ganjora

The Omni 2021 is very pretty. Not too bad as a vape either.

I bought a 2019 RosiuM this morning simply because I thought it would look sweet next to my 2019 shadow and 2019 bronze.
I have no need for an 8 th dynavap and bought this only based on its looks.

I have some mixed feelings at the moment. Slight guilt which is fortunately being eroded by excitement. Roll on Wednesday.....

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I’ve been using this new 2021 omni tip since it launched. I think I really like it.
I like how the end is slightly tapered now. I do not like the price however:rofl:

thinking about sticking the Stinger on the 21 omni body, might try that setup next!:sherlock:

chest has been super bad recently tho. so can’t vape as much. I either got the friggin Rona, this new immunotherapy is damaging my lungs, or it’s not working and disease is progressing. Getting a CT scan in a week.
or maybe I’ve just been hitting the weed too hard:hmm:
‘tis the life of a cancer patient

Ganjora

Just got my Omni.
The cap is shit.
Really bad...
Have swapped it for the 2019 off the M - shouldn't be necessary considering the price tag.
The rest of it is exquisite, we all know, and it hits very hard indeed.
That captive cap is terrible, and someone needs to tell George to stop making them immediately.
No idea of the 2018, but certainly the 2019 non captive is my favourite of the more recent ones.
I heard people bitching and moaning about the new cap and thought they might be a little over sensitive.
Turns out they're dead right.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Just got my Omni.
The cap is shit.
Really bad...
Have swapped it for the 2019 off the M - shouldn't be necessary considering the price tag.
That captive cap is terrible, and someone needs to tell George to stop making them immediately.
No idea of the 2018, but certainly the 2019 non captive is my favourite of the more recent ones.
I heard people bitching and moaning about the new cap and thought they might be a little over sensitive.
When I got my omni I didn’t even use it with the captive cap, put a regular one on it straight away.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Just got my Omni.
The cap is shit.
Really bad...
I'm one of those some people. I've made peace with the newer caps. They are just slower and weaker but they still vape. Still prefer an earlier cap though. The DD uses a weaker '19 which still outshines the 2020 serialized caps.

And 100% buddy - captive sucks! Caps that fall off suck too but that can be resolved. Captive can be resolved by reversing the oval but damn.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Initially I didn't like the captives.

And I must admit I've put a standard cap on my Omni 21. Hits much better now.

But I have 2 captives on titanium both on glass stems and they hit equally hard.

Put them on my 2019 m and meh.

It seems you almost need to play around to find the best combo.

Which is why I now have 9 with 4 captives, 1 low temp captive and 4 standard. They all meet a need and I'm happy with my combos.
And if you shop around, second hand, discounts etc Ive only paid retail for 2 of my DVs.

If I had to choose one it would be my titanium tip, captive cap and anelli tradesman which just hits hard but so smooth.

Steamer

I didn't have the best results with a regular cap on the 21 Omni. My avb was very uneven and I felt like it was running too hot, so back to the original captive cap... Wasn't expecting much of it but I liked it more for sure!

The true culprit imo is the tip. Honestly I didn't like the Omni at all until I started using a triple torch. I live close to the sea so wind can be an issue, and with a single torch the heat was escaping faster than I could put it in. Since then it has been nothing but smooth sailings, especially with an IH.

And I think that's the issue: Dynavap tips have become heavier over time, probably (=my theory) to deal with induction heaters a bit better. If I compare the 5-fin Ti, 21 Omni, 19M, 20M and 21M, I only need to use PWM on my Flite with the 5-fin tip. On full power it's a one way ticket to combustion :lol:

Of course they could always tame their IHs, but most of the IHs seem to deliver way too much power. I don't mind at all, I even think that the flavour has improved a lot with the new models! It just makes using a single torch with the new Omni completely impossible for me.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
I always use a single flame torch on my 21omni and omnivong with great results. Nothin seems to work better for me.

Demonic chronic,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
You may be hitting on something @Chicken No Name and @Steamer - did George tame the caps to work better with Ti? I run a 2020 cap on my one Ti tip and it seems to work nicely.

Huh... how funny, I just checked and I have the captive cap from a 2020 M on the titanium tip, and the regular cap ono the 2019 SS - they have been that way for a little while!!

Olmsted

Does anyone have the VHB Carbon and Wand for comparison? I’m torn between those two. Would like to get a similar performance of a single flame torch and go for that coffee black AVB.
I have both and the Wand mimics the performance of a single flame torch much more closely IMO. The carbon is great and has a fantastically long battery life, but with the wand I can get full extraction in one (somewhat massive) hit, two if I really want to get that coffee black AVB color.

Olmsted,
Top Bottom