jds

That's helpful, thank you! I just tried your suggestion and wow, it can really pull a lot fast with the regular cap - efficient :evil:

(and that was with some pressed pollen which usually lasts ages)

I think I like it more with the low temp cap, a much longer slower and to me at least a tastier experience.

Obviously each to their own this is purely subjective, good to know there's options for as the moods take :buzz:

The low temp cap definitely makes the ti tip interesting. It's a very good combo. Very tasty and enjoyable.

I've actually switched to that for this evening, just to spice things up!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am working out what I like, if my track history is anything to go by, I will settle on something then the rest will go.

I haven't touched the Ariser Extreme Q since the dynavap arrived and I invested in learning how it all works 🪄

lookhigh

FC member
Have dynavap stopped shipping internationally?
Tried to order but says does not deliver to your address.

lookhigh,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't used concentrates much with my VCs (tho I do have a dynacoil) but I would think there might be an issue using the typical IHs whose chambers mostly point up. Wouldn't there be a tendency for the concentrates to melt into the cap? With many IHs you could get away with hand holding them pointing down but this seems a little awkward for some of them.

Steamer

I haven't used concentrates much with my VCs (tho I do have a dynacoil) but I would think there might be an issue using the typical IHs whose chambers mostly point up. Wouldn't there be a tendency for the concentrates to melt into the cap? With many IHs you could get away with hand holding them pointing down but this seems a little awkward for some of them.
As I'm consuming more and more hash these days, this question has crossed my mind as well. Sticky stuff makes clicky stuff go less clicky :lol:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
As I'm consuming more and more hash these days, this question has crossed my mind as well. Sticky stuff makes clicky stuff go less clicky :lol:
For what it's worth, have recently started to play with my bubble hash in DV with ih. I've been using vape wool and inserting DV in ih as per normal, so cap facing down. Have had no issues. Have a coil on way to play with but find the wool ok....

Vape Cloud City

I really hated the dynacoil so take my thoughts as you wish but using that and going cap down in an IH might work, but I wouldn't chance it. I used to preheat the coil a bit with a torch so the wax/shatter/etc would stick to it better, and then put it in my water piece and hold the apollo 2 upside down. It was not fun and was easier to buy a small wax only vape on sale for me.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Red bundle landing today - have to say no to the '21 tip as one is in the mail. Could have saved a bit on the '21 tip to try it out.
Have dynavap stopped shipping internationally?
Tried to order but says does not deliver to your address.
You might call Dynavap and ask why your country is restricted. There is that Vape-war shipping thing going on.

TommyDee,
Reactions: jds

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am really trying to use this as an excuse to not buy the kit with the Vong tip, cap and coil, tho I would like to try the Vong tip on another stem. If I don't care about the coil it is alot less of a great deal... :lol:
@cybrguy, I have been 100% concentrates and IH's with my vapcaps for a couple years now. I always drop my vc's in an IH -cap first as you would with a regular herb pack. Never had an issue with concentrates going in either direction, into the cap or dripping down the stem.

I have a dynacoil but I rarely use it because of reclaim taste issues. Those coils have so many nooks and crannies that, once heated, that oil gets sucked right into it. You would need to put a massive glob (beyond reason) to have it leak into the cap. Rather, what does happen is your aim with the dab tool gets sloppy and you end up smearing conc on the outside of the tip. Then the oil smears along the inside of the cap. Another issue with a DC, but not with cotton.

I won't sound like a broken record because I always promote the use of organic cotton or vape wool or degummed hemp fiber. But I would say the same for this method. No way would the oil drip into the cap, it all gets drawn into the cotton fibers. Now, over time just from constant use you will need to clean out the tip and run a q-tip through the cap, but just for maintainance cleaning. In fact, I find that the used cotton keeps the tip pretty clean. It acts like a mop in the tip every time you switch a used one out.

I find vaping concentrates a 1000x cleaner than packing flower and getting little bits of abv all through the unit.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The only concentrate I have tried in the VC is crumble, and I have tried it in the coil and just on top of a flower load. I have had better success on the load of flower. The coil picked up some bad taste and is hard to clean. I have not tried it in organic cotton but I have some so I will try it out if I still have some crumble left. How do you guys clean your coils?

If I were to pick some up specifically for this use what would you recommend, wax?

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The only concentrate I have tried in the VC is crumble, and I have tried it in the coil and just on top of a flower load. I have had better success on the load of flower. The coil picked up some bad taste and is hard to clean. I have not tried it in organic cotton but I have some so I will try it out if I still have some crumble left. How do you guys clean your coils?

If I were to pick some up specifically for this use what would you recommend, wax?

Some folks believe it's safe to just torch blast them. Others have concerns about heating Ti that high. I haven't done this, but then I just torch blasted my Sai Ti bucket blue so :hmm:

The last time I soaked the little fucker in iso for a couple days. I put it in one of those little centrafuge tubes and was able to shake the little bastard every now and then. From past experience I have realized that even this does not clean it out. I tried it after an iso soak, only to have that foul reclaim flavor remain. My second step then was to boil it in a pot of water for 15-20 minutes. Only after this Coup de Grace did the little bastard finally come clean.
Or you can blast it. I'm sure there are other ways. I don't know if an ultrasonic cleaner would get in all those crevices.

When using the cotton, I tear off a small amount and make a thin flattened disc about a dime in size. Most anything works well. I use waxes and kick ass terpy badders all the time. Saucey stuff can get sticky and I tend to get it all over the dabber and my fingers. You wrap the cotton around your dab like a wonton and shove it on in there. After 2-3 hits I pop the cap and use a dabber to mash that cotton around. This spreads the oil through the cotton fibers. Be careful. The next hit will be massive. I have faith in you.

Sorry if I rambled. I'm still trying to find my best edible dosage right now.

TeaCup

Hey guys, need some advice. Never wanted a Dynavap, just didn't care to do butane vaping, but was ordering something from DDavemods on Black Friday and he had these franken type Dyna's for like 20 bucks, so curiosity got the best of me.

Tried it, loved it. But my lungs absolutely KILL after using it. I came across a post somewhere else with a guy who seemed like he had a similar experience, and he said he bought one with a carb, and the air coming in made his lungs not hurt anymore.

Does this sound about right??? Anyone else experience pain when taking deeper breathes after use??

So I tried the best I could to rig up something with a carb. I did, but it was admittedly a kinda weak design, and I wasn't getting great hits using it that way. Can I asume that my hack was just weak, and that the Dyna's with a carb can hit like a train??

I'd like to get this pain situation hopefully solved before I ask for recommendations. Thanks alot.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@TeaCup yeah I find an uncarbed dynavap can be pretty hot and harsh. I find my M to be much better when feathering the carb. I heat with a single flame torch and if I heat at the base of the tip and take a long hit I can never cover the carb and still get a dense and satisfying hit as seen in exhale without coughing up a storm.

In general if I'm just out in the backyard or near home I find the glass BB9 I've got to be much better than the body + ccd for cooling as well. Isn't the DDave Dynavap mod a WPA though? The easiest test would be to just use it with any existing glass you have and see if its better due to being cooler!

Vape Cloud City

Hey guys, need some advice. Never wanted a Dynavap, just didn't care to do butane vaping, but was ordering something from DDavemods on Black Friday and he had these franken type Dyna's for like 20 bucks, so curiosity got the best of me.

Tried it, loved it. But my lungs absolutely KILL after using it. I came across a post somewhere else with a guy who seemed like he had a similar experience, and he said he bought one with a carb, and the air coming in made his lungs not hurt anymore.

Does this sound about right??? Anyone else experience pain when taking deeper breathes after use??

So I tried the best I could to rig up something with a carb. I did, but it was admittedly a kinda weak design, and I wasn't getting great hits using it that way. Can I asume that my hack was just weak, and that the Dyna's with a carb can hit like a train??

I'd like to get this pain situation hopefully solved before I ask for recommendations. Thanks alot.
The first thing I would do is try to find a stem that allows for more airflow. If that alone doesn't help, look at running it through a water piece with or without water. People do both and see if that helps. You could also try heating it differently so you're a little closer to the closed end of the cap.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am in the middle of learning all about Dynavap, spending more cash than I should, but it's addictive and very interesting - compelling!

This is just my opinion - I am still learning 🍄

I only use an IH, the brilliant VapOven.

I have two tips, 2020M SS and the Titanium and two caps Standard and Low Temp, this is how they seem to me:

My favourite: Titanium tip, low temp cap - really slow build up, evolving flavours over maybe a dozen or so very very light tokes, zero lung burn, it's super cool flavour rich invisible vapour at the beginning and just light wisps as it warms up, by the end of the session I am very comfortable. This does not release all the volatile compounds unless you start going way past the click - not a risk I want to take with the low temp cap.

I leave this for a while, then switch caps. This enables me to finish off the AVB in two much bigger pulls and release all the remaining compounds.

This is completely different to starting with the titanium tip and the regular cap. This gives full extraction in 2 or 3 tokes, super tasty - you are basically getting everything at once. This is too much for me, although I do really appreciate why some people really like this.

With the SS tip, I find the low temp cap a little annoying because of the relationship between heating cycles and the way the tip behaves; the SS ends up being too hot and doesn't cool down enough each cycle like it does with the titanium. I may still have something to learn here, but it is my least favourite combination.

SS tip and cap - this is the most utilitarian of the four possibilities - it works, it's good! There's room to play around before and after the click, it's very good and probably the hottest combination.

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but if you are burning your lungs taking big hits, I would suggest easing off and taking your time, keeping the temp much lower, counting your heating cycles, don't wait for the click, just count 3 or 4 seconds each time to emulate the low temp cap.

Stems are a different matter, I would suggest glass for the cleanest flavours, but I really like wood for the low temp cap ti combo.

And yes, glass bubblers are great at cooling, but again, if everything is too hot, why heat it up that much? Stick to lower temps to start with.

Sorry, I wrote too many words and I am not even sure they are that helpful, but they are here now, I may as well post 🌻

Top Bottom