The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I agree with most here that the dyna coil falls short. I prefer to use fiber. Spun organic unbleached cotton from my nic vape days is my favorite. I kind of pita pocket the concentrate in. Starting with a fresh piece each time is so much better than trying to keep a dyna coil clean. I use a toothpick and the vaped cotton to give the bowl a wipe when I’m finished. It doesn’t take a lot to get great results and as long as you don’t overload it you shouldn’t cause any harm to your cap. An IH works great but I usually torch with this method.

TeaCup

Thanks guys, all good answers, but I think I misled everyone with the pain while taking deep breathes. To my knowledge, this has nothing to do with hot vapor. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here, but it doesn't feel or behave like any other vape that comes with hot vapor. There's no burning of the throat or anything at all when going down, it's just afterwards when I take deeper breathes, it hurts deeeeeep down inside my lungs. I like higher temps with my vapes, so using and pushing higher temps shouldn't be something my lungs aren't somewhat used to. And also to clarify, I'm trading off using it both natively, and with a hula stem.

TeaCup,
Reactions: mwnger

Steamer

O3i8WTN.jpg

Some bubble gum icolator this afternoon, really starting to like this tip :bowdown:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Thanks guys, all good answers, but I think I misled everyone with the pain while taking deep breathes. To my knowledge, this has nothing to do with hot vapor. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here, but it doesn't feel or behave like any other vape that comes with hot vapor. There's no burning of the throat or anything at all when going down, it's just afterwards when I take deeper breathes, it hurts deeeeeep down inside my lungs. I like higher temps with my vapes, so using and pushing higher temps shouldn't be something my lungs aren't somewhat used to. And also to clarify, I'm trading off using it both natively, and with a hula stem.

This makes no sense to me... :shrug:

There's only two things that can hurt your lungs afaik, what you are vaping and the temperature of the vapour as it enters your lungs.

I can't think of anything else it could be... anyone?

There's certainly nothing intrinsically different about the vapour from the Dynavap and anything else I have tried.

Have you had a covid test? 😳

edit: I suppose you could be inhaling toxic metals into your lungs... :razz:

kel,
Reactions: mwnger

TeaCup

This makes no sense to me... :shrug:

Yeah, that's why I'm asking, lol. I'd love to get a Dynavap, but I'm not wasting money on it if I can't figure this out.

Could this have anything to do with MTL Vs. DTL??? I've never been able to figure that one out no matter how many times I've thought about it or tried to do one over the other. And it's not like I don't use the Hula stem with other vapes, thinking I'm pulling on it the exact same way as with the other vapes????

TeaCup,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Shrugs... unless there's any evidence (apart from your subjective experience) to suggest otherwise, I am sticking with the idea that it's nothing to do with the Dynavap per se.

MTL DTL - same same with any vape?

There's only two parameters... what you are vaping and the temperature of the vapour, that's it as far as I know... if you get different experiences with the same material in different vapes, it will be because of the temperature that the vapour is being produced at is different.

The only other thing I can think of is the quantity of the vapour, which is related to airflow mix, but that seems a stretch.

I have nothing else to say other than cool your jets with the Dynavap 😎

Are you *sure* you're not overheating and combusting?

kel,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Funny, I intended to buy a kit and I got involved in other stuff till about 12:05 last night when I went to get it. They weren't kidding when they said the sale ended at midnight. At least I saved the $50 and will get something to put in the ones I have instead. Things have a way of working themselves out... :nod:

TeaCup

Are you *sure* you're not overheating and combusting?

1000% positive. Yeah, I'm stumped. I'm gonna figure out a better way to hack my one stem with a carb and go from there. I'd save money if I don't get one, so there's that to hang my hat on, lol.

TeaCup,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Just re-read everything to see if I could come up with anything else to add and I can't think of anything.

Maybe someone else has some ideas, I will just wish you good luck and hope you get it sorted somehow.

TeaCup

Just re-read everything to see if I could come up with anything else to add and I can't think of anything.

Maybe someone else has some ideas, I will just wish you good luck and hope you get it sorted somehow.

Many thanks my man. At the very least I learned from your post that there are different temperature caps. Didn't know that, never had to read this thread before.

TeaCup,
Reactions: kel

Cannabiker

1000% positive. Yeah, I'm stumped. I'm gonna figure out a better way to hack my one stem with a carb and go from there. I'd save money if I don't get one, so there's that to hang my hat on, lol.
I saw a YouTube comment from someone who claimed sucking on a Dynavap had caused his gums to recede due to the heavy draw resistance. He seemed serious.

They do have greater draw resistance than most vapes, and trying too hard to overcome that resistance can cause some discomfort. While I don't think a hard mouth to lung pull is going to shrink your gums, it can make you feel like you're going to pop a blood vessel or pull your eyeballs into your skull. I'd expect that an excessive direct to lung pull could also create some discomfort, like you're about to cause a lung hernia.

If that's the problem, back off the draw. You can only move so much air through a DV, and adding vacuum won't change that past a certain point. And definitely use the MTL draw, pulling by opening your jaw like a bellows while pulling your tongue back. It's the same technique you'd use for a French inhale.

Vape_Or_Die420

I saw a YouTube comment from someone who claimed sucking on a Dynavap had caused his gums to recede due to the heavy draw resistance. He seemed serious.

They do have greater draw resistance than most vapes, and trying too hard to overcome that resistance can cause some discomfort. While I don't think a hard mouth to lung pull is going to shrink your gums, it can make you feel like you're going to pop a blood vessel or pull your eyeballs into your skull. I'd expect that an excessive direct to lung pull could also create some discomfort, like you're about to cause a lung hernia.

If that's the problem, back off the draw. You can only move so much air through a DV, and adding vacuum won't change that past a certain point. And definitely use the MTL draw, pulling by opening your jaw like a bellows while pulling your tongue back. It's the same technique you'd use for a French inhale.
My hair line is receding... could it be the draw resistance? Im going carb open from now on just in case

TeaCup

If that's the problem, back off the draw.

Well that was short lived. I've never as much broken a single glass piece, and now I just reached for my Dyna, and the entire tip is missing, lol?!?!?! I literally never vape, or even move from the exact same spot every evening when I vape. Huh.

Edit: Found it, lol! I forgot, one of the o rings broke and I didn't have any that were that skinny, so I had it in my trucks center console to take to the hardware store to fit. Good lord. I was just on my hands and knees searching the entire rug incase it had fallen and I kicked it somewhere! :tup:

Last edited:

vaporculture

@TeaCup Be careful with what you choose for an o-ring. The bottom of the tip gets very hot, and if the material is not suitable, you'll get a really nasty pull. Also, the "carb" in a dynavap is meant to redirect fresh air back toward the tip and into a condenser to change the pressure and provide a better pull. A hole in a stem without a condenser and o-rings is not going to work the same way to give you a better experience.

I think Dynavap would wish for you to have a complete working unit to try before you give it up in frustration.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Tried it, loved it. But my lungs absolutely KILL after using it.
Did you give give the vape a good clean before use? Residuals and all that.
Also, direct to lung with no carb could possibly be over working one's lungs, maybe?

Does this sound about right??? Anyone else experience pain when taking deeper breathes after use??

If I vape more than I usually do, aka party mode :party: I do notice the next day that my lungs feel tired and a bit sore sometimes. But nothing major. Does the pain ever happen with your other vapes?

and that the Dyna's with a carb can hit like a train??

A fully open carbed dynavap, heated low down and hot, drawn through hard and fast, can indeed hit like a freight train. :brow:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've not felt pain after using a DV, but I used to exhaust my diaphragm and chest muscles from pulling on a vapcap over and over. This was when I used to do straight pulls directly to the lungs.

There have been a few major changes in my usage that switched me from DV hater to regular user. One was the use of a IH and not a god damn torch. The second was learning about the mouthpull method. Drawing on the vapcap like you would with a cigar, first just taking the vapor into the mouth and then inhaling it down in a two step process. I believe it was @natural farmer and Squiby who first promoted this method.

Because I use the mouthpull method I don't have a great use for an airhole. Although it can be fun to feather a hole near the end of a draw. :razz:

Last edited:
Top Bottom