Hey all! Not sure if anyone has touched on this or not, but how would you all compare the performance of both new Ti Tips to one another, and to the old Ti Tip still on Dynavap's website?

I currently use one of the older 5 fin Ti ones (the one still on the website) with a Shortex and Hotshot IH, and I'm considering picking a newer one up for some variety.

I also use a 2021 mostly stock M with a standard titanium condenser. I have caps of all varieties (captive, low temp, classic) as well, so I can switch that up as needed.

Thank you in advance!

Dontevenask,
Reactions: GoldenBud

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@plank and others - the CCD spacer is as simple as a stainless tube, 5/16" OD and a screw machine lathe. 10,000 pieces for $100. Each $5 set should have 3 sizes included as one tip is never enough for any DV enthusiast. Mini dose - micro dose - why bother dose. There is much reason for such a product.

GoldenBud

@plank and others - the CCD spacer is as simple as a stainless tube, 5/16" OD and a screw machine lathe. 10,000 pieces for $100. Each $5 set should have 3 sizes included as one tip is never enough for any DV enthusiast. Mini dose - micro dose - why bother dose. There is much reason for such a product.
where do you buy your o-rings? amazon/oringsamore?

GoldenBud,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
@kel there are some good ones in the UK:

BranchingOutProjects on Etsy is the source of my walnut hourglass stem, excellent prices, very highly recommended.

SuckingOnWood on Instagram is where I got the wavy chestnut stem, nicely made with integrated condenser (I can remove it for cleaning).

MrPlumes (Instagram) is in the UK too I believe, but I haven't dared to ask for a price for any pieces yet. They look the most special of all.

Thank you so much for this, I have ordered a couple of pieces - oops! :dog:

I will report back with some photos when they arrive, probably next week some time, but from what I can see they are going to be awesome.

kel,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am not at home but I will definitely do that tonight. Other than a wand it is my first totally condenserless VC and I am quite pleased with it.
Here ya go. I think it's a beauty. Thank you, @sag
Condenserless.jpg

Planck

believes in Dog
Yeah I mentioned tubing that is what I would do. Seems many have no tools, sometimes no work space, desire etc. so an off the shelf solution probably would have some appeal.

3 for 5 sounds about right. :brow: :cheers:
FWIW the tip I measured was 8.46 MM ID. Dunno how much variation exists in tip size. (Low hanging fruit for the context thread.) :rofl:I little tappy tappy or sandy sandy and Bob's your uncle.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That 8.46mm is before the grip-zone of the CCD. 8mm can get stuck in the sized section to the bottom depending on tolerances that day.

TommyDee,

Smokey McVape

Speaking of new stuff from DV, I recieved a small package from Canada the other day and I couldn't think what it might be. Then I thought maybe Pipes decided to show mercy on me and sent me one or 2 of his flat switch covers as I have not been very successful in my attempts to make some. When I opened the package I realized it was the Half Bowl thing from Sneaky Pete that I have managed to forget about at least 2 times now. I thought hey, that new SDS stem would be a great way to try this out and I yanked the CCD out of a spare tip I had and threw it in. It absolutely works as advertised making the half bowl process really easy.
Now, in truth I think the pricing on these things is kinda crazy, even with the 2 for 1 deal we early guys got, but it is also true that many people struggle to get the CCD to half bowl status and this device makes it stupid easy. So, yes I think there is a market for these guys, I just wish between George and Pete they could find a way sell it for a more reasonable price.
Save yourself some money and half fill a full bowl and find out why it's the most efficient way to use a Dynavap.

the 19M's tip came with some upper ring, bigger than OD:ID:CS 8mmx6mmx1mm (Regular tip silicone o-rings)
it's not crucial, but it helped holding the tip in place. I removed it a while ago and would like to purchase another ones
There is no difference in the size of the o-rings. The o-rings supplied from Dynavap are all the same size.

GoldenBud

There is no difference in the size of the o-rings. The o-rings supplied from Dynavap are all the same size.
the M19 had 3 o-rings on its Tip. all of them are in the same size? thanks! (I've got 2 now, removed the "upper" ring a while ago)
EDIT: My problem was actually one of my o-ring was micro-teared. I replaced it, 2 rings are fine there.... I am not sure 3 is neccassary.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Here ya go. I think it's a beauty. Thank you, @sag
Condenserless.jpg

Nice. & nice of sag, Watta great gesture.

When SDS was giving away his “lab rats” (experimental pieces), I had asked if he would be
Making knurled pieces.

He replied that without a knurling machine, it was highly unlikely. Perhaps
In the future....

The future is now, @cybrguy ! ❤️🤭😋

Monoliths, @ Stonehenge

Picture taken by DV, circa 2017-2018?

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Save yourself some money and half fill a full bowl and find out why it's the most efficient way to use a Dynavap.
While I will agree that the half bowl converter device is not a "necessary" device for setting a half bowl in a DV tip, I will rabidly disagree that filling a bowl half way is the same or a better thing as shrinking the actual bowl size by moving the CCD. As I have earlier stated suck OR twist loading is the way I roll and that really can't half load a bowl, at least any way I have tried it. I really like the smaller load that a moved CCD provides.

And now, apparently, I need to go out and get rabies shots.

StillBiggerThanYou

you could always load it (in any manner you prefer), and then just tip a little bit out back into your grinder or whatever your implement of choice is. Not what i'd call a difficult task.

having said that, there's plenty of unreasonably priced doodads available for the dynavap crowd; people like what they like.

get your methods on, kids. you only have to justify your likes to you. :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
you could always load it (in any manner you prefer), and then just tip a little bit out back into your grinder or whatever your implement of choice is. Not what i'd call a difficult task.
Neither would it be difficult to load a bowl with a tweezers. But that isn't how I use a VC out and about. I am looking for easy and fast. The fewer steps the better. I'm not suggesting you have to use it as I do, and I'm sure you aren't either. I'm just describing and recommending my method.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
For the record, I find it really easy to set the ccd at the half way point :love:

Push it in all the way using the condenser, then push it back out again from the rear end of the tip, easy peasy pudding 'n pie!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Or pushing in with an Omni mouthpiece is the easiest I have found, but I don't tend to use it with a half bowl
Good to know, I don't have an omni though!

At one point I found that a 2" wood screw was a nice little tool to help with positioning; the head just the right size and the pointy end good for micro adjustments, but now I just go for it with the condenser, I find confidence goes a long way. YMMV.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
the M19 had 3 o-rings on its Tip. all of them are in the same size? thanks! (I've got 2 now, removed the "upper" ring a while ago)
EDIT: My problem was actually one of my o-ring was micro-teared. I replaced it, 2 rings are fine there.... I am not sure 3 is neccassary.
I’ve always been slightly suspicious of the SS tips only having three rings….

in 4 years, I’ve replaced ONE o-ring, a result of swapping tips Omni <-> M.
It was that lonely third ring, stuck out there on the end, by itself

GoldenBud

NOstalgie ..
.. the part when he stops heating for few seconds... he said in reddit he can't extract the bowl with SS tip in 1 cycle .. hell ya .. having, same as him lol, deep coughs and the bowl is done with M19 SS tip.. damn.. so "Alienie" 👽

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom