thunderstealer1337

I kinda kicked myself for not buying sneakypetes 1/2 bowl inserts, .50cents of titanium for $25

then i just loaded bowls 1/2 filled with the screen still at the very bottom

i dunno how, but best flavor ever on that strain I was smoking

haha, my guess is the herb moved lower from the top of the cap/airvents so it extracted with less heat = more flavor

by this rationale, the lower the herb from the heat source = lower heat source

lower heat source = terpier hits but less extraction, ymmv but I pack it half bowl and have the load/chamber as far from the heat source as possible now for best flavor, and since the load is lower on the cap, you can push it farther/longer with less risk of combustion imo

Smokey McVape

I kinda kicked myself for not buying sneakypetes 1/2 bowl inserts, .50cents of titanium for $25

then i just loaded bowls 1/2 filled with the screen still at the very bottom

i dunno how, but best flavor ever on that strain I was smoking

haha, my guess is the herb moved lower from the top of the cap/airvents so it extracted with less heat = more flavor

by this rationale, the lower the herb from the heat source = lower heat source

lower heat source = terpier hits but less extraction, ymmv but I pack it half bowl and have the load/chamber as far from the heat source as possible now for best flavor, and since the load is lower on the cap, you can push it farther/longer with less risk of combustion imo
The reason you get more flavour this way is because the air above the bud gets heated and adds an element of convection to the existing conduction, and as you said the bud is away from the top of the cap so the load can't be scorched or burnt. I use this method exclusively and it's brilliant.

Anybody know what new product Dynavap are giving early access to? Just got my email but no info.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, recently I was whining a little bit about never having picked up a piece from @stardustsailor . Maybe not whining but regretting because I really think he is an artist and I wanted some of his work, but I never really considered that he might stop, and I missed my chance. Well, someone in our forum here decided that that didn't sound right and he sent me a great knurled XL SDS piece, and it is wonderful and I really appreciate it. And it is another reminder what a great group we have here with many folks, users and vendors, whose generosity, of spirit or time or goods or whatever, honestly helps to make the world and FC a better place. A little buttress to our faith in man is never a bad thing.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I just picked up a low temp cap... click! :rockon:

Hoping it is going to be worth it... I just have the 2020 m which I use with a glass adapter for my bubbler, so hoping it will be a nice tweak!

I would actually like to pick up another tip and stem too, just so I have a couple of options and a spare in case I lose or damage one.

If I could just get one tip and one stem, anyone any suggestions on what should I get?

I like both approaches; click-to-click pulls through the bubbler and several tokes direct straight through the glass without the bubbler. The 2020 m stem is cool, but I feel and have read various reports that it could be so much more, but my head is spinning a bit with all the options, so I have resisted so far.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
My perfect kit is an older 'hot' cap and probably the '19 SS tip.
The stem has to be a low-scent unlined wooden stem about 3-1/2 to 4" long.
Add to this a properly tuned IH with a 7-10 second bake and you got a vape for life.
That is how I define happiness.

I have been wondering about the wooden stems, they seem to be a really nice option. Struggling to find a UK maker though.

I have a VapOven - so good - properly tuned exactly as you say - 7-10 second bake and I agree that this is a very fine combination indeed :tup:

mwnger

@kel there are some good ones in the UK:

BranchingOutProjects on Etsy is the source of my walnut hourglass stem, excellent prices, very highly recommended.

SuckingOnWood on Instagram is where I got the wavy chestnut stem, nicely made with integrated condenser (I can remove it for cleaning).

MrPlumes (Instagram) is in the UK too I believe, but I haven't dared to ask for a price for any pieces yet. They look the most special of all.

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_222804_436.jpg
    IMG_20210503_222804_436.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210510_162409.jpg
    20210510_162409.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 10

mwnger

The email states for next early access sale, you need to sign up before 23rd June 12pm CST.

Not sure what it will be. Colour Ms usually come out later in the year, so I don't think it will be that.

Edit to add: new tips/components for sale individually, not just part of complete 2021 devices?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Speaking of new stuff from DV, I recieved a small package from Canada the other day and I couldn't think what it might be. Then I thought maybe Pipes decided to show mercy on me and sent me one or 2 of his flat switch covers as I have not been very successful in my attempts to make some. When I opened the package I realized it was the Half Bowl thing from Sneaky Pete that I have managed to forget about at least 2 times now. I thought hey, that new SDS stem would be a great way to try this out and I yanked the CCD out of a spare tip I had and threw it in. It absolutely works as advertised making the half bowl process really easy.
Now, in truth I think the pricing on these things is kinda crazy, even with the 2 for 1 deal we early guys got, but it is also true that many people struggle to get the CCD to half bowl status and this device makes it stupid easy. So, yes I think there is a market for these guys, I just wish between George and Pete they could find a way sell it for a more reasonable price.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I
Speaking of new stuff from DV, I recieved a small package from Canada the other day and I couldn't think what it might be. Then I thought maybe Pipes decided to show mercy on me and sent me one or 2 of his flat switch covers as I have not been very successful in my attempts to make some. When I opened the package I realized it was the Half Bowl thing from Sneaky Pete that I have managed to forget about at least 2 times now. I thought hey, that new SDS stem would be a great way to try this out and I yanked the CCD out of a spare tip I had and threw it in. It absolutely works as advertised making the half bowl process really easy.
Now, in truth I think the pricing on these things is kinda crazy, even with the 2 for 1 deal we early guys got, but it is also true that many people struggle to get the CCD to half bowl status and this device makes it stupid easy. So, yes I think there is a market for these guys, I just wish between George and Pete they could find a way sell it for a more reasonable price.
Yeah - I keep thinking there must be some commonly available off-the-shelf machined part that will fit perfectly... but I am probably fantasising :lol:

kel,
Reactions: stark1

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am not at home but I will defintely do that tonight. Other than a wand it is my first totally condenserless VC and I am quite pleased with it.
Yeah - I keep thinking there must be some commonly available off-the-shelf machined part that will fit perfectly... but I am probably fantasising :lol:
I imagine it isn't easy to machine a piece that small out of Ti, so that may be the reason for the cost.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I want to buy the M19's tip o-ring (not the regular size.. the upper ring) does anybody know its measurements ? I want to buy from oringsandmore ...already brought my condenser o-rings / tip rings from there

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Are they different sized or just streached more or less?
the 19M's tip came with some upper ring, bigger than OD:ID:CS 8mmx6mmx1mm (Regular tip silicone o-rings)
it's not crucial, but it helped holding the tip in place. I removed it a while ago and would like to purchase another ones

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cybrguy

Planck

believes in Dog
I

There probably is something that would work well but it's not a rabbit hole I care to explore.
Perhaps something like this or just a small chunk of tubing.
McMaster-Carr or Reid Supply combined with some effort would likely yield results.

It will be a cold day in hell when I pay the asking price for the Sneaky Pete spacer YMMV

Top Bottom