GoldenBud

Guess I’m super lazy, if I had to spin that long to get medication, I’d lite up a joint...
Guess that’s why I went 100% IH. Though knowing you can use a flame if needed does give the DV products a big plus.
Hated the friction of the M18 feeling to your hand, that's why I sold it, and actually looking at the past it was a mistake, lol
but now I have M19/M20/Wooden stems, I like to spin the M20 stem, my dd is M20 stem+M19 tip+regular cap

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Good to know, I don't have an omni though!

At one point I found that a 2" wood screw was a nice little tool to help with positioning; the head just the right size and the pointy end good for micro adjustments, but now I just go for it with the condenser, I find confidence goes a long way. YMMV.

It is hard to imagine inserting something larger into something smaller— like
An Omni mouthpiece into the inner diameter of a tip?

I have an Omni, but
My magic is weak. 🎩

The condenser, perhaps.

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!

I have an Omni, but
My magic is weak. 🎩

The condenser, perhaps.
Can't help you - sorry! I don't have an Omni and have never tried this...

kel,
Reactions: stark1

vaporculture

I have an Omni, but
My magic is weak. 🎩

The condenser, perhaps.
Magic, yes. The best kind of magic because it works only if you close your eyes and repeat "I think I can" three times.

Grasp the body of the Omni with one hand, and the mouthpiece with the other. Twist the mouthpiece counter clockwise until it detaches from the condenser, and then use the opposite end from the one you put in your mouth to push in the screen. The size is pretty much perfect. :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
OOOoo! Thanks for the extra step/clarification.
You have to detach the condenser, than use the end opposite the mouth end
For a nifty/snug fit.

🙏Gotcha!

stark1,
Reactions: mwnger

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Silly me. i took my Omni, and followed the extra step. To fit.
Magic! 💥

This should be archived in “the best of”

Seats the screen rather easily, and well

(Minimizing the microdose)

—Now, why do I feel like I am now a member of some Secret Society? lol

Last edited:

rvarick

Does anyone happen to know what the *typical* inner diameter is of a Dynavap tip? I was curious as the ones I have vary a bit.

Last edited:
rvarick,

mwnger

8mm is the diameter of a standard cigarette too which is handy because this means some cigarette holders can be used as stems. However I have found they sometimes come up a bit small - I suppose you could squeeze a cigarette filter in, but obviously not a metal vapcap tip. They could be adapted by widening the hole - I have adapted a meerschaum stem and a jadeite stem in this way. If they are a bit big, it's possible to fill the gap with extra o-rings or degummed hemp fibre.

Or did you mean the diameter inside the actual tip, i.e. in the chamber, where the screen goes?

Last edited:
mwnger,
Reactions: rvarick

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes, you can use (some) cigarette holders as stems, but not the slim versions which are designed for the gentle sex.

The “regular” cigarette holders are, like DV stems, 8mm ID.

Glass holders/chillums on the other hand, have a slight variance due to its nature.
Grave, for instance makes 12mm tasters. You can buy them singly, or in packets of 10. Of the 10, some might/not fit. The OD is 12mm, the wall is 2mm on each side,
So, 12-2-2 = 8mm. Ideally.

I just go to a brick and mortar store with some tips and ( to the annoyance of the counter person ) ask
For a bunch of glass chillums, and buy the ones that fit.

To answer your question, yes, the caliper measure is that of the “inner”
Diameter of the top of the tip where the 8mm screen goes: ~7.85mm.

The stem ID of a VC where the bottom of the tip ( with its O-rings ) goes, is 8mm.
The OD of a stem is 10mm. Usually

Hope that helps. :spliff:

Last edited:

bman40

Hi folks. I have a question. I have built an induction heater, (based on the great design from Pipes and there examples here) using a wired (Mains) power supply. Problem: I get to the second loud click after 6 seconds. I would like to slow this down. Is there any way to 'tune' this to slow down the heat? Can I add a potentiometer to reduce the voltage getting to the heater? Should I just get a different supply?

bman40,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Since your query was yet to be answered, I was curious

So, ~ 8mm.
I recently bought one of those calipers and it is so useful I am amazed that I never had one. I guess it was because I didn't know how inexpensive they are. I use it all the time now.

Well, I guess I should say how inexpensive the cheap ones are. I see you can spend a lot more on them. I got mine here.

Last edited:
cybrguy,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wait, wait. There is a gentle sex? Is this a third sex or is this one of the original two? Cause I get my ass kicked by "the other sex" on a pretty regular basis. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Just dont get too sassy/snarky, or you will get absolutely *NO* sex. 🎧🤣

Last edited:
stark1,
  • Wow
Reactions: cybrguy

rvarick

If you hit the edit button you can add to that test post for about 6 hours.

I recently bought one of those calipers and it is so useful I am amazed that I never had one. I guess it was because I didn't know how inexpensive they are. I use it all the time now.
Agree on the digital calipers. I bought some way back when to see why some Arizer stems weren't fitting properly, and have found a bunch of other uses for them (vape and non-vape-related) over the years.

Other vape-related tool purchases that have been useful elsewhere are a burr file bit and a needle file set (both used to modify a dynavap tip), and KISS Molecular Super Bond glue and Goo-Off (used to glue a magnet back on my IH, and 1000x better than super glue and goo-gone), to name a few.

rvarick,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When I have used the condenser to push out a CCD it usually gets a little mangled depending on how stuck it is, but a hammer blow can usually resolve that. That being said, I like something with a slightly larger diameter.

cybrguy,
Top Bottom