GoldenBud

In the pictures it looks yellow like wax should be. What I received was some kind of clear DynaSplooge that went straight into the garbage can.
it was white like medusa since day 1. it was trash? sent it to the bin 1 hour ago or less

GoldenBud,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha

I'm a simple man. This is 12 inches back from an Atmos sweet spot.

There's some impressively geeked out rigs and all sorts of functional accessories and accoutrement on this forum.

It's pretty wild how far consuming cannabis has come since I bought my first tin can bottom acrylic Graffix.

I wish I still I had the 3 foot iridescent with the frosted label and oil slick base Graffix... So much of the old stuff was so fragile. :(

Last edited:

pomogirl

Yet another sweet toy for your VapCap, oops,
Your TED, to play with?

“The Wand”, by Ispire. :sherlock:

How is the Ispire with your, uh, TED Dynavap? It's lowest temp is 500, but is there an easy trick to using it for those of us who don't mod?

I'm a simple man. This is 12 inches back from an Atmos sweet spot.

There's some impressively geeked out rigs and all sorts of functional accessories and accoutrement on this forum.

It's pretty wild how far consuming cannabis has come since I bought my first tin can bottom acrylic Graffix.

I wish I still I had the 3 foot iridescent with the frosted label and oil slick base Graffix... So much of the old stuff was so fragile. :(
But the fragility is partly to blame on the three foot length? Or what? Glass thickness?

pomogirl,
Reactions: stark1

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Dynawax went weird and sticky after a couple of years. Now I have a big tin of mixed walnut oil and beeswax which was sold as a chopping board conditioner, works just as well if not better.
This? I have been using it a while and like it. I had a similar bad experience with DV way and tossed it a while back.
Board-Butter.jpg

Actually not this as you mentioned walnut oil, but probably very similar made for the same purpose. I wood (ha) imagine anything "food grade" should be fine.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: mwnger

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
But the fragility is partly to blame on the three foot length? Or what? Glass thickness?
Mostly just thickness, yeah. The old Graffix were thin compared to today's glass. Some of the old bongs I had, like the double bubble, were paper thin. I lightly bumped that one on a relatively soft round edge of a wicker table and that broke. It was $120. :lol:

At some point in the 90's you started to see ribbed glass and those were much stronger. By the late 90's you started seeing thick hand blown artisanal glass like Jerome Bakers stuff and if you could afford it, they were super strong.

I had a Roor for over 20 years (extremely hard german glass) and only broke it recently when something very hard and heavy fell on it. I ordered a new one right away almost reflexively.

The little bong you see with my Dynavap set up there is a DDave medium bubbler which I now think will be my daily driver and I'll put away the much larger Roor.

BallzMcVinegar

Mostly just thickness, yeah. The old Graffix were thin compared to today's glass. Some of the old bongs I had, like the double bubble, were paper thin. I lightly bumped that one on a relatively soft round edge of a wicker table and that broke. It was $120. :lol:

At some point in the 90's you started to see ribbed glass and those were much stronger. By the late 90's you started seeing thick hand blown artisanal glass like Jerome Bakers stuff and if you could afford it, they were super strong.

I had a Roor for over 20 years (extremely hard german glass) and only broke it recently when something very hard and heavy fell on it. I ordered a new one right away almost reflexively.

The little bong you see with my Dynavap set up there is a DDave medium bubbler which I now think will be my daily driver and I'll put away the much larger Roor.
I still have a 3ft graffix from before they had the removable base and that super thin glass. Somehow it has survived since 1996. Its all covered in stickers from over the years. I was tempted to strip off the stickers because they are so old but too many memories to do it.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hey all, been a stranger to the Dynavap thread lately. Been mainly focusing on tools. But I'm going to start making some more Vapcap stuff.

@StringTheorista was kind enough to show off the MP/condenser I sent her. The ones I'm going to produce will be a little different. They will have a 5mm ID which will accept you favorite intercooler, they will work with any 8mm stem and fit a 10mm water piece.

I'm gearing up to ba able to produce these on a regular basis and have them in the shop. They are going to go for around $30

Got the three on the left listed and hope to get the ones on the right done by tomorrow afternoon

20210617-110200.jpg

Last edited:

mwnger

This? I have been using it a while and like it. I had a similar bad experience with DV way and tossed it a while back.
Board-Butter.jpg

Actually not this as you mentioned walnut oil, but probably very similar made for the same purpose. I wood (ha) imagine anything "food grade" should be fine.

Very similar I suppose. I have also been known to use beeswax based lipbalm but I note that this sometimes states on the ingredients Vitamin E acetate/tocopherol which I know was at one point linked to the vaping scare a few years ago and possibly blamed for use as an additive/cutting agent in oils. IDK, I am sure a tiny bit on the o rings wouldn't harm, not like breathing in grams of it.

I have done a picture since I also have my new jadeite stems from China to show off, which arrived today. Too tight for a tip on arrival, I have adapted one with a diamond drill bit. I broke the other having a go with a masonry bit so I glued it back together, and it's a handle for a piece of metal scraper/scoop. The vapour path is short and very narrow so the vapour is hot, but I quite like it. It feels nice to hold. It was £7.08 for both stems including delivery which seems unreal.

Now I am waiting for some glass cigarette holders from the Ukraine :lol:

Edit: trouble attaching pic...

Attachments

• 20210617_190651.jpg
    20210617_190651.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 13

BallzMcVinegar

Hey all, been a stranger to the Dynavap thread lately. Been mainly focusing on tools. But I'm going to start making some more Vapcap stuff.

@StringTheorista was kind enough to show off the MP/condenser I sent her. The ones I'm going to produce will be a little different. They will have a 5mm ID which will accept you favorite intercooler, they will work with any 8mm stem and fit a 10mm water piece.

I'm gearing up to ba able to produce these on a regular basis and have them in the shop. They are going to go for around $30

I hope to have theses in the shop by tomorrow night

20210617-110200.jpg
I look forward to supporting a local business some more.

BallzMcVinegar,
Reactions: RogueGuy

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@BallzMcVinegar thanks

@cx714 i would love more than anything to have more of those stems but unfortunately i dont make them. The person who made them is a really popular glass artist and doesnt have time or probably the desire to make them. I have contacted countless artists to make them and have had no luck

BallzMcVinegar

@BallzMcVinegar thanks

@cx714 i would love more than anything to have more of those stems but unfortunately i dont make them. The person who made them is a really popular glass artist and doesnt have time or probably the desire to make them. I have contacted countless artists to make them and have had no luck
I still adore that heady stem you have with the rainbow super fine line work.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
7DD7AF8F-B639-4985-8967-19BBB3D3EA60.jpeg
Pressed some hash from kief, can’t for the life of me vape hash properly so I had to bong it:science:, well anyways here’s my appliance of science lol, Overkill maybe, I know I know it’s not technically dyna related, :lol:forgive me

Last edited:
Top Bottom