Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Hawaiian No idea about this French shop, or if they really have it in stock (as it appears to me), but I saw this recently which might be what you are looking for:

If the pic is accurate, then that's a single crown, not a double crown.

Ramahs,
Reactions: mwnger

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Back in the day, double crowned body/stem.
In the days of old, when men were bold. lol

My bad.

My cocobolo woodie only has one crown. When the mouth end started to split, George sent me a second crown to shove on there. He even included a little piece of sandpaper :)) They starting coming with double crowns shortly after.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
When DV started to “turn” to wood aesthetically, practically, and alternatively
From fragile glass, there was a learning curve.

The beautifully turned stems, and bodies, to the horror of early adopters
Of woodies, began to crack after a while. After which a crown was fitted
To prevent the problem.

Probably a solution worked out by Ed/George (woodies were initially outsourced
Until they were turned inhouse).

To further strengthen the woody, a second crown (somewhat thinner) was fitted
On the other end.

On a side note, some 2nd party makers who were also offering their versions of wooden
Stems, had to deal with unhappy customers who were also reporting cracking stems.

Then came the endura—Ti/SS, the super VapCaps.

The OG glass/woodies/crowned woodies had became a part of VapCap history.

& for a while, high street precious metal, of gold and silver, VapCaps were offered for VapCats
With *BIG* buck$.

That too became part of the VapCap legacy.

At the present, we seem to have a marriage of wood/Ti in the recent Vong, or TonG (TED on Glass)
(still a sticking work, in progress).

And magnetic induction heaters galore, rivaling hissing butane torches. VapCap seem
To have refrained from branding its own version of a mag heater, possibly in light of
Its “battery free” philosophy. A loss of good revenue, IMHO.

Making VapCap’s future history an interesting voyage to follow. :sherlock:

Last edited:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Can someone point me towards glass bodies that will fit my older generation Omni condenser? Looking through some VC history makes me long for the Ti Glassy model. I’ve seen some cool pics from some of you here and wondering about recommendations on where to find some.

cilantro,
Reactions: stark1
951-F1-C72-0986-4690-860-E-2719-DD35-FE4-E.jpg
Aaaargh.. What a beauty! :mmmm:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So yeah, I just want to report that live resin on a DynaCoil, in an old Ti tip with a new regular cap, stuck on a short glass stem, heated with a decent IH, slapped on a bubbler.... works surprisingly well! I was skeptical, now I am not.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

So yeah, I just want to report that live resin on a DynaCoil, in an old Ti tip with a new regular cap, stuck on a short glass stem, heated with a decent IH, slapped on a bubbler.... works surprisingly well! I was skeptical, now I am not.
Vapcaps are great for vaping concentrates. I haven't vaped flower in a long time. I prefer the cotton method, but combined with an IH I get a very consistent and tasty experience.

Live resins and terpy sugars are my absolute fav right now. I love the aromas and flavor you get from those flash frozen buds.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Shurely in a capital city like London or Manchester, one can find
Anything, with a few £ here, and there?

Are medicinals legal these enlightened days? In merrie olde Anglande.

Last edited:
stark1,

Smokey McVape

Shurely in a capital city like London or Manchester, one can find
Anything, with a few £ here, and there?

Are medicinals legal these enlightened days? In merrie olde Anglande.
The problem in Blighty is that no-one seems to know how to make decent hash from proper trim and/or bud. Back in the early 90's the street hash was ok as it came over from Amsterdam but from the late 90's onward all we got is the really contaminated, shitty soapbar that had all sorts of crap added in the mix and tasted awful. If only Frenchy Cannoli was English!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
With the return of the expeditionary forces from Afgan fields to dear old
Blighty, should not there be be a bit of kush/hash of the almighty Allah, too?

AMS Schiphol is practically a hop, skip, and a jump. :cheers::spliff:

BabyFacedFinster

The problem in Blighty is that no-one seems to know how to make decent hash from proper trim and/or bud. Back in the early 90's the street hash was ok as it came over from Amsterdam but from the late 90's onward all we got is the really contaminated, shitty soapbar that had all sorts of crap added in the mix and tasted awful. If only Frenchy Cannoli was English!

Here in my state I can get really nice hash, but not a damn chance of getting a good pint of cask ale. We should all get together and share our wealth. I could really go for a double pie and mash too. :drool: (with extra eel liquor)

I just vaped a little badder through a 19M tip and I'm quite hungry right now.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Cant imagine where in the lower 48 you could be in, if you cant get a good pint of cask ale.
Around Tucky Day, Goose Island comes out with some of the most delicious Bourbon County stout, if you
Are quick!

Kentucky bourbon ale is the tits.

As for good hash, you must know someone pressing “good” hash locally, despite our having “liberated”
The Afgani for some decades, great hash is a pipe dream.

Lots of other shit, all legal in the many dispensaries that keeps popping out like so many
magic mushrooms here.

Vapcap, on.

Anyone come up with a good solution to the sthicky Vong dilemma?

PS “INFLORESCENCE HEATER”s, anyone? That’s what some refer to
Arizer products. Haha— takes another toke from his Thermal Extraction Device. :sherlock:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Anyone come up with a good solution to the sthicky Vong dilemma?
I kinda have the opposite problem. I say kinda because it isn't a huge deal, but I find that the wood in mine spins too freely and it doesn't completely block off air when closed. It's close enough but not complete like a well positioned XRing. Kinda like my Ti Omni never completely blocks airflow.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I kinda have the opposite problem. I say kinda because it isn't a huge deal, but I find that the wood in mine spins too freely and it doesn't completely block off air when closed. It's close enough but not complete like a well positioned XRing. Kinda like my Ti Omni never completely blocks airflow.
One of our own shared a new Vong with me to try out. Took about a minute to get it apart.

Your observation about 'leaky' is not surprising. Not much can be done about that short of adding another o-ring inside the assembly.
However, the free-spinning aspect can be managed with a little compression of the end caps. A light tap with a tack hammer (and padding) should make minute and precise adjustments to the spinning aspect of the wooden body.

If it gets overdone, you can also work the mouthpiece back and forth (not twisted) a few times to get very small 'reliefs' from the previous compression.

BabyFacedFinster

:brow: Let us kno how that works out, CG

Anyone still chillin with an OG BG. Short of a buck, back in the day.

4 by 4 picture

Sweet and elegant.
I tried to get away from the condensers because I used to have a hell of a time with the gaskets moving around. I know there have been improvements, but even when using a stem with an airhole, I preferred the Robusto that @RogueGuy used to sell. Thick boro glass, large bore ID, no gaskets. I wonder if he will ever stock them again? I actually wanted to try the uncarbed or no-hole Tradesman he also used to sell.
Cant imagine where in the lower 48 you could be in, if you cant get a good pint of cask ale.
It is unfortunately true. I find that in general, British ales get very little love in most microbreweries, pubs and tasting rooms in the whole surrounding area. Everyone is into high alcohol and extremely hopped IPAs and NEIPAs. Pale ales are usually of the american style, but places will have a porter and maybe a stout. If you can find them minus the chocolate or fruit or peanut butter or smoked or coffee.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I find that in general, British ales get very little love in most microbreweries, pubs and tasting rooms in the whole surrounding area. Everyone is into high alcohol and extremely hopped IPAs and NEIPAs.

So true. My kingdom for a pint of bitter! Or theirs. I’m easy.

OTOH Glass Charlie has plenty of worthy this side competition. Is @RogueGuy done with glass stems for good? I’ve seen pics of his old stock that looked intriguing but nothing on his Etsy.

Top Bottom