Cannabiker

An interesting clip on clicks, VapCap / Randy, etc.

"It's not a vaping device."

Damn, I wish George would stop fucking with the language. It's Orwellian.

It is absolutely a vape. Just because someone mixed nicotine extract in antifreeze, threw it at a hot coil, and called it vaporizing, it doesn't mean what we do is no longer vaping. We had the term first, after all. And when someone asks what I'm doing, I'm not going to say, "I'm using a thermal extraction device to gently warm plant material and release the medicinal compounds."

And the hole on the side of my VonG is a carb.

Majordude2626

It is absolutely a vape. Just because someone mixed nicotine extract in antifreeze, threw it at a hot coil, and called it vaporizing, it doesn't mean what we do is no longer vaping. We had the term first, after all. And when someone asks what I'm doing, I'm not going to say, "I'm using a thermal extraction device to gently warm plant material and release the medicinal compounds."

They just banned vapes from being mailed, due to poorly written law. This distinction is needed for legal purposes most likely, so they can continue to deliver the products we love. You can call it ā€œstick with metal endā€œ for all I care. Just keep sending me to puff puff la la land, and we are good.

NOLOGO

so you're ok being labeled a "drug user" rather than "cannabist enthusiast?" šŸ¤”

words matter greatly with this USPS "vape" ban. I'm happy to use my TEDs. (Thermal Extraction Devices) And I certainly don't mind that e cigarette vapes are getting banned. No one needs to be inhaling PPG.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

So, I'm curious. Have you avoided the news and stayed off the internet for the last year? Shipping vaporizers is illegal now in the US. If vendors want to survive this, they have to change their message and the nomenclature they use. Duh.

The Govt has decided to conflate cannabis vaping with ecigs and nicotine, which were the actual target of the law. The cannabis vaping industry needs to separate them again, and the only way they can do that is with language.

Last edited:

StillBiggerThanYou

I had a robotic vacuum cleaner (neato) that took a route like that.

It knocked the dogs water bowl over and drove through the puddle lol.
(So much for robots taking over the world)

It's no Rosey the Robot but I'd get another.
man one time I was watching a friend's dog and he had an upset gut. guy had liquid shits, and my vacuum went on it's scheduled run while we were out on an errand.

yeah, you know what happened.

that. shit. was. everywhere.

Cannabiker

so you're ok being labeled a "drug user" rather than "cannabist enthusiast?" šŸ¤”
I may prefer one over the other, but both are true. I can say, "I'm a cannabis enthusiast, not a drug user," but that would be inaccurate. The same thing goes for "vaporizer" and "thermal extraction device". I'm fine with Dynavap using T.E.D., it's George's insistence that it's no longer a vaporizer that rubs me the wrong way. Dynavap's quirky nomenclature is charming, but there's already a thriving stoner vernacular.

Yes, language matters, and that's why the PACT Act is full of it. It doesn't just say, "anything called a vaporizer". It defines and describes the devices it targets, no matter what you call them. It's more important to make sure postal authorities understand that your product doesn't meet the definitions, despite the name. Sure, call them T.E.D.s, but it won't take much investigation to figure out that you can find them at Planet of the Vapes by pulling down the Vaporizer menu. Postal investigators might even see that as a deceptive practice.

If there 's one oddly hopeful aspect of the PACT Act, it's that George can actually claim the Dynavap is just for weed as a defense against punitive action for interstate shipping of paraphernalia. Ironically, we used to have to claim it was for tobacco--and that ruse couldn't keep Tommy Chong out of prison.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The fine print at the FDA also informs that the FDA will not be certifying anything that does not contain the ecig liquids. That is the requirement for USPS to back off. That is part of their implementation quandary.

TommyDee,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are hundreds of lawyers out there trying to find ways for businesses to keep their clients from getting caught up in this shitstorm, and it will be a while before anyone really has any idea what will fly and what won't. It's all completely guesswork at this point. Just like public consumption of cannabis in private venues, the laws have yet to be written in a clarifying way. There will be plenty of work for lawyers during this process.

In the mean time I have yet to hear of anyone's shipments being waylayed as a result of this law. Only vendors temporarily (at least) stepping away until there is some clarification.

cybrguy,

Vaporware

In that video George did define ā€œvapingā€ as using liquids on coils which seems to be where the controversy is and what the mail ban, etc. are targeting.

We often call these ā€œdry herb vaporizersā€ to distinguish them from nicotine vapes and even things like cannabis extract cartridges, but all most people hear is ā€œvaporizerā€ and they assume itā€™s all the same.

Iā€™d rather have the ā€œvaporizerā€ term for what we do and leave them with ā€œe-cigā€, etc. but we donā€™t really get to make that choice. Right now weā€™re a small market and weā€™re just collateral damage in the fight over ā€œvapingā€.

I donā€™t intend to change the way I talk about it at this point, but I think itā€™s probably the right thing for George and others marketing similar products to just let them have the word and define us out of that battle. Itā€™s not going too well right now... :disgust:

Ganjora

got a 2019 M.
upgraded various parts over the time.
only constant was the cap.
at first it had 1 heat up and one cool down click.
when it developed 2 i read that this was quite normal.
the 2 heat up and 2 cool down clicks' gaps gradually got longer apart until they settled.
they stayed settled for a long, long time, until this morning.
i combusted a number of times before hearing that the clicks were really close together, and now they have stopped.
down to 1 click in either direction.
done multiple tests using the apollo2 - very definitely only the 1 click in either direction.
anyone else experienced this?
... yes, all my other caps are working the same. just this one that's being weird.
2020 Ti tip, 2019 M cap, plain glass stem.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
So I didn't miss the stream?!? Though it was the same day I got the email!?! I'd say blame it on a medicated Monday but wrong day so I guess I had Saturday night fever! Thanks for the heads up @stark1 ..... No wonder no one was talking about the launch I just thought it must have sucked LoL

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think I need an IH that uses something other than a pressure switch to activate it. My Pipes devices are damaging my caps over time by indenting the top and sometimes weakening the crimp making the cap hard to remove. Both the JarHead and the PSM. :(

Top Bottom