• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dadan

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the DynaVap world and probably the question has already been covered in this huge thread: is it possible that two M 2020 tips are VERY different from each other in terms of vapor production? All under the same conditions: using the same material, interchanging screens, caps and stems and using the same induction heater. One of the two seems to be flooded but from a check and after various cleaning I can say with certainty that it is not.

GoldenBud

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the DynaVap world and probably the question has already been covered in this huge thread: is it possible that two M 2020 tips are VERY different from each other in terms of vapor production? All under the same conditions: using the same material, interchanging screens, caps and stems and using the same induction heater. One of the two seems to be flooded but from a check and after various cleaning I can say with certainty that it is not.
They are both clean on the fins? fins are no black from soot or abv? or on the tip itself? make both look like new.. toothbrush + toothpaste scrub it like 3-5 minutes then wash

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
is it possible that two M 2020 tips are VERY different from each other in terms of vapor production?
If they are both clean I can't really imagine how 2 different 20M steel tips could behave differently. They are just hunks of steel carved by machine. Different versions may certainly behave differently but 2 of the same version should behave the same. I would suggest that something else must be different in your examples.
A couple tips have had some flawed runs where something went wrong (2019 tip with shallower channels comes to mind) but I am not aware of that on the 2020 tips. Unless I am misremembering which version had the shallow channels...

dadan

They are both clean on the fins? fins are no black from soot or abv? or on the tip itself? make both look like new.. toothbrush + toothpaste scrub it like 3-5 minutes then wash
If they are both clean I can't really imagine how 2 different 20M steel tips could behave differently. They are just hunks of steel carved by machine. Different versions may certainly behave differently but 2 of the same version should behave the same. I would suggest that something else must be different in your examples.
A couple tips have had some flawed runs where something went wrong (2019 tip with shallower channels comes to mind) but I am not aware of that on the 2020 tips. Unless I am misremembering which version had the shallow channels...

Both cleaned and dried the same way just some hour before use them. One tip is new, arrived yesterday (the one that does not work well) the other is a couple of month old (produce much more vapor than the other). I am trying right now both with brand new titanium screens on both. I also tried both tips with glass and steel but incredibly one works bad... The only thing i haven't tried is to change rings.

GoldenBud

Both cleaned and dried the same way just some hour before use them. One tip is new, arrived yesterday (the one that does not work well) the other is a couple of month old (produce much more vapor than the other). I am trying right now both with brand new titanium screens on both. I also tried both tips with glass and steel but incredibly one works bad... The only thing i haven't tried is to change rings.
if you can upload a photo of these tips it will be great, not sure about orings

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Orings would be an unlikely factor. If you are using the same stem and cap and just swapping the tip between them, and are getting a different experience, I have no explanation for that. Gremins?

dadan

Orings would be an unlikely factor. If you are using the same stem and cap and just swapping the tip between them, and are getting a different experience, I have no explanation for that. Gremins?
It seems that the old tip, which works better, can better adhere to the cap, letting less air pass, or in a better way. But it also seems that it keeps the accumulated heat better and longer...

if you can upload a photo of these tips it will be great, not sure about orings
Now I have to take a break :) I'm hours going ahead to test, I'm probably beginning to be less objective :) I don't know if posting foto can help, it seems to me there are no visible differences between tips.

GoldenBud

Now I have to take a break :) I'm hours going ahead to test, I'm probably beginning to be less objective :) I don't know if posting foto can help, it seems to me there are no visible differences between tips.
also check with good lightning if the cap has anything dirt inside of it. like the cap's walls

GoldenBud,
Reactions: ataxian

mwnger

I have a Ti tip I had heat treated a while ago (over a year I think). Through use and cleaning the finish had faded and been scratched. I rubbed the outer bits with abrasive pads until they were back to the usual silver titanium, but the inside of the grooves stayed coloured. When I heated it again it gave this nice two tone effect which makes me want to try again with a fresh tip that doesn't have 2 years of very regular use.

Attachments

• 20210428_170446.jpg
    20210428_170446.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

mwnger

@lifeisgoodnow I would really recommend a Dynavap as a great compliment to an electric vape. It's very quick and easy to use, and effective, a different experience to a convection vape. It's also efficient and great with small amounts, and easy to clean. It doesn't have to be expensive. But I think there is a reason people end up with so many.

thunderstealer1337

the machining on the tips may be drastically different which results in diff hits from 2x 2020m (if your using same cap and everything else), when I initially joined this forum I weighed some of the 2020m tips and they were quite different, the machining marks were very incosistent, take a look back in this thread last year around April/May - thats when I started to vape and gave up combusting, I had pics of the 2 diff ones.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As @ataxian said, apples/oranges. A different experience.

You will emerge into a different world (same say Dynaverse) with
Your first DynaVap, then watch your wallet/VAS! :spliff:
U ever watch FUTRERA staring bender?
Slower cartoon than :”Rick & note (some of the keyboard is dead?)
I write stainless however it’s CIVILIZED 4 consumption of CANNABIS!
R COLAS out of style?
Top of CANNABIS tree’s = CIVILIZATION

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Different strokes for dif folks, I suppose. I myself like sha-weet
Kabul Hash. AFgani, Sweet AF?

Its all good, best flowers’ out of the Pacific coast!
have you dab your VonG 2day? :spliff: :cheers:

Last day for 4/20 SALES, get your OMNI, get you VonG, TED D bear

Kush. Kush.

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

@dadan don't know if this was answered yet, but if the new tip is not producing like your older one it just cuz it is new. The more you use it, the more it will start to get its character to suit your use.

Hope this helped I didn't finish reading when I saw your probpem I answered right away, apoligizes if someone answered.

Greenleaf88,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Hi everyone…is it possible that two M 2020 tips are VERY different from each other in terms of vapor production? All under the same conditions: using the same material, interchanging screens, caps and stems and using the same induction heater. One of the two seems to be flooded but from a check and after various cleaning I can say with certainty that it is not.
No idea what you mean by “flooded” - ?
One tip is new, arrived yesterday (the one that does not work well) the other is a couple of month old (produce much more vapor than the other). I am trying right now both with brand new titanium screens on both. I also tried both tips with glass and steel but incredibly one works bad... The only thing i haven't tried is to change rings.
What if they ran out of ‘20 tips and sent you a ‘21, ‘cause production runs and demand and response time?

Your description of your original ‘20 tip suggests it acts more like my ‘17 M than my new ‘20 M, and who knows, they might have silently upgraded my M tip to a ‘21, just to keep things flowing. My new M tip behaves very much like you describe for your new tip, so we could well have received tips from a different production run than your first came from, conceivably. Was your recent arrival a ‘complementary storage’ model like mine?

The new Omni may be what you want, frankly: it’s a more aggressive extractor - more like the old M than the new M

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Different strokes for dif folks, I suppose. I myself like sha-weet
Kabul Hash. AFgani, Sweet AF?

Its all good, best flowers’ out of the Pacific coast!
have you dab your VonG 2day? :spliff: :cheers:

Last day for 4/20 SALES, get your OMNI, get you VonG, TED D bear

Kush. Kush.

Has dazed & Confused era human we needed a VAPCAP 2-b CIVILIZED
The helicopter’s release herbal eradication spray at the panic of protagonist during the 70’s?

Last edited:

JJ785

I have a BB9. It's not bad at all, but I don't like to search the carb hole. My favs are about 80mm long with no carb hole. They're a bit shorter than the BB9, but the cooling is as efficient :

le-sceptre-d-azure-orion-blue-glass-stem-pour-dynavap.jpg
Have to say, I'm finding the Hula V2 with 19M tip more 'effective' than any of my other stems, incl shellshock and assassin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom