Cannabiker

i Just ordered a Phantom M,2019 on a 420 Sale. what Upgrades are really worthwhile If i like smooth vapor? bb9? condenser? a Glas j-hook?
I'd say a Simrell Stinger. I have to admit that I haven't tried the Stinger itself, but it features an intercooler, which makes a huge difference for smoothing vapor. It would basically make your M into a Vortex.

Cannabiker,
Reactions: RobbIt

cptofnthng

that stinger is a condenser and a mouthpiece in one? good Suggestion man, thx. only problem is, im in Europe. they dont sell them here.

cptofnthng,

Strakin

that stinger is a condenser and a mouthpiece in one? good Suggestion man, thx. only problem is, im in Europe. they dont sell them here.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, so DynaVap won the "Where will CybrGuy spend his 420 cash this 420?" sweepstakes. New Vong order placed. Couldn't resist. Had to check out the hype of the new tip-captive cap thing.

But, I have a question. It appears from the pictures I have seen that the new tips are no longer a spiral leading air from the outside into the body of the tip and then inside. Is this correct? Is there something about the new cap system that eliminates the need for that? Is the air meant to just travel over the ridges? This would be very different. I haven't seen a good enough pic to be sure.

Does anyone have a nice closeup of the new titanium tip for the curious?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If I am not mistaken it is a combination of both a left and right handed helix @cybrguy

RS4918_2021-VonGbreakdown-original.png

Can anyone confirm with a real one?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks, @TommyDee, nice breakdown. The ridges are certainly uneven, but I can't tell if they are continuous. I should have the Vong in a week or less (says shipped already) so I guess we will see. I am also curious if the new parts maintain the line's legoness. The connector is obviously quite different but that doesn't necessarily mean they are not compatible.

GoldenBud

yo, how do you people clean the cap from the inside? the flat part....the black parts.... got an used captive cap, would like to try it soon

GoldenBud,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Thanks, @TommyDee, nice breakdown. The ridges are certainly uneven, but I can't tell if they are continuous. I should have the Vong in a week or less (says shipped already) so I guess we will see. I am also curious if the new parts maintain the line's legoness. The connector is obviously quite different but that doesn't necessarily mean they are not compatible.
Had the Vong for about a week now. Yes, the legoness is still present and all my legacy parts play nice together. Have a Simrell stinger on the way to mate it with the wooden body. The wooden spinning mouth piece xl wasn't very appealing. IMO the Ti tip is the big surprise as it's a lot more than just a cosmetic upgrade . When/if the Vong tip becomes available will be picking up several more. Let us know what you think when it arrives.

Vaporware

Yeah, I’ve tried both the new Vong and Omni now, and I think they both work well for their intended purposes.

I actually like more lighter draws on the Omni, but those who are trying to extract the whole load in a hit or two will probably want to try older caps or heating past the click or something.

If you want to get several nice draws without charring though, the new Omni seems better than my 2018 for that, and the Vong delivers more vapor faster than my older version through a j-hook.

I should mention I’ve only been using a Fluxer Flite with them so far, so your results might be different with your favorite IH or torch. Either way, I think they’ve made some real improvements over the last few years!

NOLOGO

Do y'all know if the 2021 VonG is available now? I pre-ordered it weeks ago via POtV and am still waiting, but it seems like a lot of y'all have it and have had it for a while.
this wait is torturous lolol

edit: POtV emailed a while back explaining stock was taking longer than expected, and then told me it would ship out to me "early this week." So many people seem to have them already though 🤷🏻‍♂️
tia

NOLOGO,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just ordered one last night from DV direct and it shows shipped. Your preferred vendor may just not have their stock yet.

cybrguy,
Reactions: NOLOGO

Cannabiker

Do y'all know if the 2021 VonG is available now? I pre-ordered it weeks ago via POtV and am still waiting, but it seems like a lot of y'all have it and have had it for a while.
this wait is torturous lolol

edit: POtV emailed a while back explaining stock was taking longer than expected, and then told me it would ship out to me "early this week." So many people seem to have them already though 🤷🏻‍♂️
tia
Hopefully DV put them on hold for a bit while they figured out how to stabilize the wood. Then you won't have to worry that yours may seize someday. So far mine spins freely.

Love your username; that's one of the most important books ever written.

Cannabiker,
Reactions: NOLOGO

sirwalter

Just ordered one last night from DV direct and it shows shipped. Your preferred vendor may just not have their stock yet.

Is there some way to check the order status at Dynavap? I know there used to be, but now I only see a list of past orders-no order status.

sirwalter,

Skinku

First impressions of my Vong are very good.
Free spinning, wood is a nice hue and lapping up my SB butter.
I haven’t tried the Ti tip yet I just put on my trusted steel that I know well.
Having never used a DV with a condenser on a glass piece before, just BBs and carbless WPAs, it seems to make a big difference to the vapour production or maybe I have overdone it, it does doesn’t it?
It’s tiny though, in my head it was bigger and uglier. I do like it, full of character.
I seem to be happy which I didn’t expect, more experimentation and befuddlement is needed.
BFA8EA8D-0AC6-492C-85BC-7F6E288E080D.jpeg
Happy belated 420 to you all.

Last edited:

Skinku

It rotates with medium force, it doesn’t spin freely.
No issues but it does feel that with use it will seize up but maybe not, who knows.

Skinku,
Reactions: stark1

Cannabiker

Skinku said:
It’s tiny though, in my head it was bigger and uglier.
For sure--I never thought I'd own any kind of Vong. They always struck me as ugly and chunky looking. But then the early reviews of this one were so positive. It was getting high marks for performance, and I was already using my Simrell at home with the bubbler (I didn't anticipate that--I bought it purely as a portable), so I decided to get a Vong as a dedicated water piece. I'm so glad I did. What looks chunky in photos feels perfect in hand, and even better as it drops into a 14mm joint.

I'm impressed by the decorative features of DV items, but sometimes they're a little over the top, like something out of a '70s HIgh Times ad. George's Baroque design sensibility often reminds me of vintage paraphernalia. It's a little kitschy, but it triggers some nostalgia.
IMG_7176_2.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is there some way to check the order status at Dynavap? I know there used to be, but now I only see a list of past orders-no order status.
You should get an email with a tracking number when it is shipped. Mine is apparently still sitting at the post office in Windsor, but it is up to USPS now. It is still 6 days before any likely interference from the PACT act so not a concern. How that will effect us going forward remains to be seen...

sesh732

Imaginable
new tips are no longer a spiral leading air from the outside into the body of the tip and then inside. Is this correct?
My 21 Omni and vong tips have no spiraling, though they look like it from some angles. It appears that all the cuts were made at a 90 degree angle to the body. No spiral grooves.

I have not tried the vong tip, but I've been using the Omni tip on the vong body daily for a week or so. I'm happy with the performance of the omni tip, and I'll probably keep it in rotation along with the 4th gen tip.

Edit to add: my vong body does not turn and it never did. Contacted dv through the third party I got the vong through. I like tight/low airflow so it isn't a big deal for me...I eliminate the carb with an o-ring in front of it or a filter on the condenser. Sad the are having such QC issues with the first DV that fits 10mm and 14mm and (imo) feels great in the hand.

Last edited:

JJ785

My vong, straight out the box, was stuck on closed carb. Took Vapefiend's advice and put it in the freezer for half an hour and it then loosened up for a few seconds. That was just enough time to rotate it to open the carb before it sticking again, and still is. Good performance with a 19M tip.

Top Bottom