Jah75

I'm not super interested in using a lighter. I use an IH for my dynavaps. really I'm just looking for something smacks me. I need something that hits me like a flowerpot does wherever I want. it sounds like that might be the sticky brick lol
I think you may want the Omni 2021 then. I enjoy my MVS more, but it isnt near as dense as the omni (at least without technique gymnastics)

Smokey McVape

Thanks for the reply, regarding the technique, I put/press a whole nug and after some draws I blow it out while and turn it upside down because I use an IH and AVB is uneven.
I also use an IH and used to get uneven AVB until I started crushing and repacking.
By only turning your nug upside you are running an increased risk of scorching the bud on the outside and leaving green bud inside.
Next time you finish a nug in your Omni, crush it in your hand and I guarantee you will see green bud from the middle of the bowl amongst the AVB even after turning.

How are they different? Anyone have both so they can show them side by side? Are they functionally different or just appearance?
@cybrguy - I have both and finish work in an hour. I will upload some pictures for you tonight.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thank you. I have a VonG arriving in a day or 2 but I am really curious how the 2 tips are different, and why they might have made tips specific to a model. I mean, steel and titanium tips is one thing, but multiple tips of either metal is something else.

cybrguy,
Reactions: RobbIt

Jah75

Thank you. I have a VonG arriving in a day or 2 but I am really curious how the 2 tips are different, and why they might have made tips specific to a model. I mean, steel and titanium tips is one thing, but multiple tips of either metal is something else.
I’m interested in that too....depending on outcome I might be ordering a vong now to try out both tip (I knew I should have just ordered it to begin with but thought I was set on the wpa front with my DDave Ti wand...)

Jah75,

mwnger

I've continued to enjoy lurking here, and now I have something else to add, about my new purchases, my own induction heaters, and the captive cap debate.

I liked seeing the new 2021 devices but I couldn't justify a new Omnivap. I think the stem design looks nice though I do prefer the old one, and it is great to see Dynavap continuing to develop and improve the product - there do seem to be functional differences, not just aesthetic.

I did go shopping though, and instead I bought:

Simrell MVS: This is a real indulgence. I remember first seeing Simrell stems and thinking how ridiculously expensive they seemed. But there are many people's testimonies as to how good they are at cooling, I couldn't ignore it. I also saw the Vapefiend stream with Austyn where he spoke about the stem, his business, Dynavap and his relationship with them. It convinced me to send my money to Vapewellness who had an introductory offer on the MVS for £120, which I saw as an investment in supporting them and Austyn. I figured if it is as good as people say, I will use it daily and it will be a good investment.

I've had it a couple of days. My first impressions are very good, overall. It's really well made and machined, as you can imagine. I was surprised by how heavy it is, significantly more than the Omnivap I have. It's not too heavy though, and it feels very nice to hold in the hand, and balances well around the airport. It is thicker than the Omnivap stem, and about 5mm longer too. I like the fact the Stinger can be used with other parts, so I could stick it in one of my wooden stems for example.

I am not sure why there is such a gap between the mouthpiece and the main body, it would look neater if they met more like the two pieces of the body, but it’s a minor quibble. Maybe there is a reason.

I have tested it out a few times, using both Ti and SS tips. It's great. I like the adjustable airflow a lot, particularly that I can use that with my SS tips, that was one of the selling features. I like the turbulating air setting, then feathering it a little. Very smooth big free flowing hits this way, and people were right that the airflow is noticably cooler - I think the intercooler which has the biggest effect here. I think it will need cleaning sooner, because of the intercooler.

I'm very happy with the purchase. I absolutely cannot say it's a must-have. The gains are marginal and the cost is high, but it really does work exceptionally well and I hope to get a lot of use from it.

Sideclick heater: I was very excited to see this recently. Over the past 6 months I have built a few of my own induction heaters which are mains-powered and I use at home, a lockdown project. I have been looking at building a battery powered one, but there had been a few hurdles. The Sideclick was so attractive because it’s smaller than I could realistically do with a ZVS module myself, and implemented features I’d love to like intelligent activation and USB-C charging. Vapefiend had a 20% off offer so at about £85 it seemed perfect.

It arrived yesterday. Again I am very happy with my purchase. The build quality is great, pretty solid. I love the design with the stash compartment. The magnet is very good, a very strong diametrically opposed piece. It’s a bit weighty but not a problem, it will go in a bag and replace the Mighty as my usual out-and-about vape. It’s a consequence of the metal build, and I would choose metal against a lighter, more easily damaged plastic most times I think.

I have to confess I did not even try it with the short tube, I swapped it for the open tube as most people advise before I heated a cap. The inside looks very neat. I note the battery is connected via a plug, I wonder if it will be possible to replace it?

I found that I needed 3 silicone discs in the end to get the click right, otherwise it goes a bit too far in. I like the adjustability/tuning the unit has, so you can match it to your tips, caps, and personal requirements.

I have a couple of good regular caps, as well as one captive cap. I found if I pair my hotter regular cap with a titanium tip, the first cycle takes just under 8 seconds, and it gives good extraction in about 4 cycles true to the click. I will keep my 2020 M body with that setup in the side compartment. This is going to improve days out and camping trips a great deal.

A couple of quirks: There is a very slight ticking noise, I can only hear it in a virtually silent room, but it ticks every half a second when it is not heating. It's not a problem in any way, it is unnoticable almost all of the time. The LEDs flash when it turns on, sometimes they flash green and sometimes they flash red. I don't know if it means something e.g. battery level? Or if it's just random, it seems quite random.

Here’s a snap of the new heater, and MVS stem, with a couple of my own home made heaters:
DV - Copy.jpg

Aesthetically my home made heaters are similar to the Sideclick, but they are very different! My home made heaters are mains powered based on the standard ZVS module. I found the ABS plastic boxes for only £2 each, they were almost the perfect size but I had to shave a fraction off the modules to get them in. I also put in a MOSFET, and LEDs – some are rainbow colour changing, and some are flashing which helps in a loud environment (my wife is learning the drums!)

I’ve used skittle magnets which are very strong at holding the cap. I’ve drilled holes to mount the magnets then used hot glue on the inside to hold them in place, which is a problem when they get very hot and the glue melts. It’s fine for single caps with a ti tip, but when using SS or trying to do multiple caps back to back the skittle can come loose with the vapcap. Then I’d use a separate skittle loose in my hand, or stack it on top of the mounted magnet.

I like to tune my heaters aggressively, I can get full extraction to almost black in 3 cycles with the hot cap, or 4-5 with the other regular one I have, true to the click. They give very even extraction on a full tip, whereas I am finding the Sideclick isn't quite so even, though maybe I can improve this a bit by adjusting the pads some more.

I wanted to mention the captive cap vs regular cap thing, because that has been a very interesting debate. I bought a 2020 M in the Black Friday sales. I did not like the cap when I first tried it using my induction heaters, I could not get full extraction. But then I tried heating it with a torch and I was pleasantly surprised how well that worked, and how good the flavour was. I still prefer to use my regular caps because they give better extraction on all tips, and I also do not want the cap to be more difficult to remove, often I want to reload when it is hot and a captive cap makes that harder. So I hardly ever use my captive cap, and only ever with a torch.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is their description of the tip on the Omni:
A Nona notched completely contoured extraction chamber that doubles as a built in grinder sits atop a trisected 9 fin profile. Contained inside the extraction chamber is our two position Adjust-a-Bowl feature that allows you to adjust the size of the dosing chamber to your needs.

And this is the Vong's description:
A Nona notched completely contoured extraction chamber sits atop a trisected 5 fin profile. Contained inside the extraction chamber is our two position Adjust-a-Bowl feature that allows you to adjust the size of the dosing chamber to your needs.

So, we know that the Omni tip has 9 fins and "a built in grinder". What that means exactly has yet to be described, at least as far as I have seen. I am really curious about all this, tho only curious enough to buy one of them. So far at least...

Last edited:
cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That feature appears to be on the VonG tip as well but they omitted it from the description on the Mega Pack page. Here is the tip description from the VonG's own page:
A Nona notched completely contoured extraction chamber that doubles as a built in grinder sits atop a trisected 5 fin profile. Contained inside the extraction chamber is our two position Adjust-a-Bowl feature that allows you to adjust the size of the dosing chamber to your needs.
Still need those side to side pics @Smokey McVape has promised us.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Excellent, thank a lot. So, they both have a serrated tip at the top. I kinda like the look of the VonG tip better in those photos tho it may be different in person. And they are both attractive. I bet the Omni tip has a little more mass so may hold heat a little more, but it is hard to say. Interesting that they made them different.
I seem to remember that when they originally went to 5 fin from 7 one of the "reasons" was the 7 fin with it's narrow channels tending to pick up and hold crumbs more. It may not be fair to mention that the Omni tip is also doing that because I'm guessing the VonG tip may not have been used yet, but the thinner channels will definitely pick up flower.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Excellent, thank a lot. So, they both have a serrated tip at the top. I kinda like the look of the VonG tip better in those photos tho it may be different in person. And they are both attractive. I bet the Omni tip has a little more mass so may hold heat a little more, but it is hard to say. Interesting that they made them different.
Fyi the old Omni condenser doesn't fit the new Vong, only the new one as pictured below.
Vong tip = 3.95 grams
Omni tip = 4.1 grams

mwnger

I do think it's a collectables thing, I have tried neither but I doubt there's much functional difference between the new Ti tips.

It's great George achieved the aim of creating a low cost vaping device, whist inadvertently creating a highly collectable and modifiable item. The two different Ti tips, available only with complete devices (at the moment at least), do seem aimed to maximise revenue. But I cannot complain about this, nobody has to buy these and cheaper options are available, Dynavap remain awesome in my eyes. I didn't comment at the time but I laughed a lot when the 7 fin tips got sent out last year :lol: hard to imagine any other company doing that

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
BIG Ti TIP DIFFERENCE
I've been playing DynaLego and found a big difference between the 2 new Ti tips.
The Vongs Ti tip bottom hole is NOT tapered like the Omni tip so using an extendable condenser doesn't change the airflow at all.
So if I understand, you could swap the Omni tip into the VonG, but if you swapped the VonG tip into the omni you would lose functionality.
I don't think the steel (M) tips worked on Omnis either, if I remember correctly.

Smokey McVape

Any other differences in performance?
None that are noticeable.

So if I understand, you could swap the Omni tip into the VonG, but if you swapped the VonG tip into the omni you would lose functionality.
I don't think the steel (M) tips worked on Omnis either, if I remember correctly.
You are correct on both counts.
I have to say that I'm disappointed about the Vong Ti tip simply because I think it looks better than the Omni tip!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You are correct on both counts.
I have to say that I'm disappointed about the Vong Ti tip simply because I think it looks better than the Omni tip!
Ya know, it's a different look. I suspect the folks who really loved the 7 fin over the 5 fin look may very well prefer the look of the Omni tip. It is much "tighter" looking with less void space. I personally like the look of both, but I prefer the VonG tip. The difference is total mass is tiny, only .25g.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
It's great George achieved the aim of creating a low cost vaping device, whist inadvertently creating a highly collectable and modifiable item. The two different Ti tips, available only with complete devices (at the moment at least), do seem aimed to maximise revenue.
The 21 Omni Ti tip has been available in my neck of the woods from the initial release. The price has been exorbitant though. Haven't seen the 21 Vong tip yet which I prefer. Currently using the Vong tip on my XL Vortex and it delivers. Perfect combo for me.

Top Bottom