ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
After 5 days with the new hotness, it/I/we has/have settled down. Consistent bowl browning after 3 bowls: save after three, discard after 4+. This seems unaffected by airport use, and one hit = one long inhale (m-l) from click to click.

I have not swapped any parts around. I don’t care. This thing is perfect. For me.

No longer experiencing annoyance with the captive cap...I occasionally feel it rattle, but it hasn’t fallen off yet, so all good so far.

stonedmallone

Just bought the MVS. All I need is a cap and titanium tip correct? I have an omni vong xl so I should be good right? I am going back and forth on if I should order an additional tip and cap so I can have two separate ones.

Another question on the MVS. It's on backorder, so how long should I expect? They say 2-3 weeks but I am expecting longer.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Just bought the MVS. All I need is a cap and titanium tip correct? I have an omni vong xl so I should be good right? I am going back and forth on if I should order an additional tip and cap so I can have two separate ones.

Another question on the MVS. It's on backorder, so how long should I expect? They say 2-3 weeks but I am expecting longer.

Get a tip for each stem you tend to use often. While switching is easy, it’s still a pain. And if like me, you use some glass stems, the less handling the better.

Vaporware

It’s a new release and they got a lot more orders than they expected, but I’m assuming their estimated dates shouldn’t be too far off since they’ve been making other models for a while.

I’d probably buy a second cap too unless you’re sure you won’t be sharing and you don’t mind switching the tip around. It’s really not hard if you apply a little “Dynawax” or whatever to lubricate the o-rings.

Also, while I like the Ti tips, you can use any tip you want. The QC isn’t perfect, but they should all be about the same size at the point where they connect. :)

stonedmallone

Get a tip for each stem you tend to use often. While switching is easy, it’s still a pain. And if like me, you use some glass stems, the less handling the better.
Do you have a recommendation for best cap combo with MVS and titanium tip? Pretty new to dynavaps. I have a standard on my Omnivong xl, other than the initial falling off and pinching it to fix it it has worked perfectly.

stonedmallone,
Reactions: RobbIt

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
For any one that lives north of the 49th and has any money left after the new DV release and 420 there is a great deal on Simrell Vortex stems available. Jane's Mary out of Calgary has the short stem for $150. and the standard for $155. CA. That equates to $124. US dollars. Here's the LINK. Just picked a standard up for the wife who is always borrowing and misplacing mine. Quit touching my stuff !!!

@RobbIt Super classy. Let the experimenting begin. What tip and cap are you going to mate it with?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Do you have a recommendation for best cap combo with MVS and titanium tip? Pretty new to dynavaps. I have a standard on my Omnivong xl, other than the initial falling off and pinching it to fix it it has worked perfectly.

Caps? I use only the standard caps on all my Ti tips, not a fan of the captive caps, lots of opinions in this thread for catch up reading.....

JJ785

Quick question: What size water adapter do you need for the basic Dynavap XL condenser with Wood spinning mouthpiece? If it fits anything.

Vaporware

Yes.

Edit: To be a little more helpful I should add that the designs are similar, but the Omni has more notches cut out of it and they’re thinner. There may be other differences, but I haven’t noticed them yet.

I assume that the Vong’s design was slightly simplified because it would be cheaper/easier to make and because the extra metal should retain heat a bit more (which I think most people would like in a Vong).

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
My 21 Omni and vong tips have no spiraling, though they look like it from some angles. It appears that all the cuts were made at a 90 degree angle to the body. No spiral grooves.

I think you’re right: the current carving on the tips is nothing like the spiraling of tips previous. It suggests to me a different plan to achieve the tip’s purpose from that behind the old tip design(s). I don’t mean to read too much into it, but it’s SO different, and DV is so characteristically engineering-driven, that I have to assume they changed all this on purpose. Whatever the exact intention, these aren’t spirals.
Give your CC a cuddly squeeze....
Really, we’ve only just been introduced

Vaporware

How are they different? Anyone have both so they can show them side by side? Are they functionally different or just appearance?

I went back to add to what I said before I saw your follow up, so check the edit above. :)

I do think they’re slightly functionally different, but I don’t have the tolerance to switch them around and hit them back to back so I can’t give a good answer there eighth now. I do think the main reason they’re different though is to give the Omni a unique tip and save on the manufacturing cost of the Vong tip. I doubt performance would be dramatically different, but I could be wrong.

condition

Regarding the new omni airflow adjustment by screwing the mouthpiece, it seems different than the old, apart from the visual difference of the old cap showing the housing while unscrewed. With the new model's condenser fully extracted and airport open there is a very low sound from the airflow. Does this mean even better extraction but with more restrictive draw? What is your preference with a full tip loaded with a nug?

Smokey McVape

Regarding the new omni airflow adjustment by screwing the mouthpiece, it seems different than the old, apart from the visual difference of the old cap showing the housing while unscrewed. With the new model's condenser fully extracted and airport open there is a very low sound from the airflow. Does this mean even better extraction but with more restrictive draw? What is your preference with a full tip loaded with a nug?
The new Omni is LESS restrictive compared to the old Omni - at least mine is and I think it is the tip and not the condenser that makes it so.
If I put an old Ti tip on my 2021 Omni with the condenser at max extension it is 99% closed.
New Ti tip with the condenser at max extension it is maybe 90% closed and far more air is introduced compared to the old Ti tip.
As for technique, I put in a whole nug, put 2 heat cycles through it, take nug out and crush in my hand, put back into bowl and get 2 more heat cycles.

Smokey McVape

do people here prefer the 2021 omni over a MVS? I'm looking for big dense hits.
Get a Sticky Brick in that case!
Seriously though the thickest, densest hits are produce through a stem WITHOUT the introduction of any additional air.
Between the 2 devices you have listed you will get bigger (not denser), cooler clouds from the MVS and denser, warmer hits from the Omni with the condenser fully extended - at least that's what I find with mine - YMMV.

Last edited:

stonedmallone

Get a Sticky Brick in that case! 😂
Seriously though the thickest, densest hits are produce through a stem WITHOUT the introduction of any additional air.
Between the 2 devices you have listed you will get bigger (not denser) clouds from the MVS and denser hits from the Omni with the condenser fully extended.
I'm not super interested in using a lighter. I use an IH for my dynavaps. really I'm just looking for something smacks me. I need something that hits me like a flowerpot does wherever I want. it sounds like that might be the sticky brick lol

condition

As for technique, I put in a whole nug, put 2 heat cycles through it, take nug out and crush in my hand, put back into bowl and get 2 more heat cycles.
Thanks for the reply, regarding the technique, I put/press a whole nug and after some draws I blow it out while and turn it upside down because I use an IH and AVB is uneven.

Top Bottom