Jozin88

I pester him all the time on IG live about the release of a Vortex 2.0, he mentioned he's been noting down possible improvements on the vortex for a while, and that there would definitely be a a new and improved version...but whether it would be this year or next, he smirked and shrugged as an answer.

Greenleaf88

I got the email from dymavap to stay tuned and have my notifications on. I hope it is a 21 omni I've been holding out on the Omni for a new one for years. It was so hard not to purchase the green one.

Last edited:

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I really like this dynavap scraper and tamper. I have managed to aquire a lot of little tools I've either bought or come free with a device. Many times I grab at what is close at hand.

However there are three tools I have if I lost or broke I would replace immediately. Up until last week it was just two.
The long scoop and poke from @Delta3DStudios , the pick with the marble end from 7th floor , and now this dynavap tool from @RogueGuy.

20210306_182918.jpg

QF1994

What's that glass stem in the background? Is that a one-hitter that fits a dyna tip?

QF1994,

RobbIt

Has anyone tried using DC cleaner on their Dynavaps?

I went ahead and ordered some of the new Dynavap cleaning solution to try out... got me thinking maybe their is some other natural solutions that might do the same...

DC cleaner ( sometimes called Dark Crystal cleaner) is pretty common at brick and mortar shops that sell stuff for dabbing. It’s meant for cleaning quartz bangers.

Maybe the question I should be asking is what products or chemicals to avoid if I am going to try to experiment with cleaning solutions.

I am aware I should NOT to soak the cap in ISO.
I am also aware ISO works great on all the other parts.
I am also aware that DC cleaner is considered by many to be overpriced.
I was under the same impressions as you regarding iso ok except for cap however I would like to share the response I received from Dynavap:

Thank you Lana!

I put the M 2020 and Omnivap XL condensers and tips/screens in cannabis soap and hot water for 3 hours and it didn’t do the trick.

Can’t they be soaked in ISO for 30 minutes or less before the soap/hot water step? I understand the flammability issue with cap and stem which is why I always rinse off alcohol thoroughly. Can short ISO soaks actually damage any of the parts?

Best,
Robb

On Mar 15, 2021, at 9:58 AM, DynaVap Customer Service <customerservice@dynavap.com> wrote:
Thank you for reaching out. All non-wood components are dishwasher safe. Most components of the device can be disassembled by pulling apart. The OmniVap condenser threads into the mouthpiece. Glass and metal parts may be soaked in hot water or a cleaning solution of your choice. Do NOT clean with alcohol or other flammable liquids. Doing so may damage the condenser quad rings and any wood components. We suggest using DynaWax to maintain the polish on the wood as well as lubricating the o-rings for reassembly. Reassemble components to match the original assembly. When re-inserting, push pieces of the device together, adding lubricant and a slight twist to ease rubber o-rings in place.

There are a couple of ways to remove the scorch marks and soot from the stainless steel cap. Wash the cap with warm water and apply any of the following suggestions: metal polish, steel wool or a baking soda and vinegar mix. Scorch marks are part of the normal use patina, but to prevent soot buildup when using a soft flame lighter, keep the cap deep in the blue part of flame and try to minimize the amount of yellow flame. This will avoid the soot causing yellow part of the flame contacting the cap, as well as provide a more even heat distribution around the cap.
Thanks,
Lana

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 11:55 AM,
What parts can be cleaned in ISO vs soap type cleanser? I assume O-rings (tip and condenser) cannot go in ISO? Any parts Dishwasher safe? Thanks.

Best,
Robb

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
Remember the 7 fin tips?
I'll be ready this time.
I bought the OG glass vapcap back in 2016 and then didn't really pay much attention until updating to the 2020 M a couple weeks ago, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

I'm aware there have been 7 fin tips, and they're highly sought after but I don't know much about specific context beyond that, so I don't know what you mean about being ready.

RobbIt

I bought the OG glass vapcap back in 2016 and then didn't really pay much attention until updating to the 2020 M a couple weeks ago, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

I'm aware there have been 7 fin tips, and they're highly sought after but I don't know much about specific context beyond that, so I don't know what you mean about being ready.

7 fins?? I’m a Dynavap newbie too so all I remember is the 2020 models.

RobbIt,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I dunno man, every new style in the last few years I have liked less and less.
Are these guys still a vape company or are now a “lifestyle brand”.
glad I have a bunch of older models, omni, woody, etc
ever since the last M and vong, things have gotten a little wild haha.
I prefer the more subtle designs I guess

who knows though, that might change when/if I try some of the new offerings

I think I still like the OG Omni and 2nd gen vong the best.

RobbIt

Thank you ! It looks stunning! New venting too. Wonder what other improvements George has created. (Of course I just bought the 2020 Omnivap XL and M kits lol!)

@1101010100101 - My biggest peeve with Orion is the delay on incursion detection. Made modulation impossible.
I also have reservations on the aggressiveness. I had 3 very diverse caps when I tried the Orion. There was no commonality in the bake.

We all make these things our own. We are very eclectic in the peculiarities of how we vape using the VapCap. I could not keep the Orion from combusting the Ti tip with an older cap. The 2020 cap was way under-done. These same combinations work great in all my other heaters. I rarely combust.

I sold the Orion since I could not put it in rotation. That delay in firing is the primary reason.
Dynavap has to raise their game on its branded IHs.
PS I just bought the Fluxer FlipV2 and so far it works perfectly and looks sleek and well built.

Vape_Or_Die420

The 2020M was my first Dynavap. At first i thought it was too flashy, kinda ugly and much preferred the simple design of the 2019M. Now, after 1 year of it being my daily driver i am absolutely in love with every aspect of the 20M. I love spinning it in my hand and watching the light reflect off the shapes on the stem. I love the adjust a bowl, the chiral airports, the airflow.

Looking at the 21M i am feeling the same way as i did a year ago. For me i think i am just resistant to change but i end up getting used to it eventually.

I would love to try out these new models but i can't justify spending money on vapes at this time. The internals and body of the new Omni looks dope though. My guess is its gonna be sweet.

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Whenever my vortex goes into the iso bath for a bit, the 2020m takes its place as my daily carry vape. I’m always surprised with the wide open airflow and the cool vapor that comes with it. I mean, I rip the sucker until there’s an audibly loud whistle and I can blow quite the cloud with the single flame torch. I’m personally looking forward to the performance upgrades that should come along with this iteration

Top Bottom