snackmaster

THE-2021-VONG-Dyna-Vap-5.png

Has this been posted yet? Looks like the new Ti tip.

Vap-Cap-M-2021-Dyna-Vap-7.png

And the new SS I assume.
After seeing the 2020 M tip and how sculptural it was I figured that'd be where they'd experiment more with style/design on account of the yearly updates. I assumed they'd keep the titanium tips more "classic" (and less polarizing) so they could stick around a while, but seeing that ti tip I wonder if they'll refresh those more often now too?

Vaporware

I haven’t tried one yet, and I know one reason for the complicated designs and yearly changes is to keep ahead of counterfeits, but from what I know about heaters and what I can see from the pictures I think the new designs could actually work better too.

I think they actually care about continuing to improve these things, so if George didn’t think it was at least as good as the old models (or better) I don’t think they would have put them into production.

...that said, not everyone has the same ideas about what “better” is in this case, so if you’re not sure I can understand waiting for reviews. :)

vandalizedbythelotus

After seeing the 2020 M tip and how sculptural it was I figured that'd be where they'd experiment more with style/design on account of the yearly updates. I assumed they'd keep the titanium tips more "classic" (and less polarizing) so they could stick around a while, but seeing that ti tip I wonder if they'll refresh those more often now too?
they said on tea-time the intention is to stop with the updates for a while, but after such a "massive" change in fin geometry i'm afraid the TI tip may need another iteration to dial in the changes like the 20M tip did.
hopefully the extra massive fins doesn't introduce the same issue (fins "stealing" heat from the bowl) with heat retention 20M tip had (looks like it's fixed in the 21M).
this is just speculation based on pictures, we need actual testing of course, for science!

Smokey McVape

I'm wondering why the decision was made to design the new Ti tip to look like 2 bowls (1 regular and 1 2020m) stacked on top of each other. Very ugly designer.
There are only 2 o-rings shown as well so I think the stems may be slightly different at the tip end as you can see in the attached picture. The airport is further up the stem meaning you can no longer see when the condenser is at full extension by looking at the hole like on the current model.
I really like the fluting on the new mouthpiece though.
I hope Dynavap haven't ruined this Ti tip in the same why they did with the 2020M as I have wanted a new Omni since I bought my first one 3 years ago.

Modnote: image removed at request of manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:

sirwalter

"Enhanced tactile navigation geometry"

I'm a little skeptical about the new tips. They look closer to the 2020 M tip- I was never able to get very consistent results with an induction heater with that tip.

I still prefer the clean simple look of the original 2017ish Omnivap, but I'm looking forward to trying out the 2021.

Does the new Vong work like an Omni with adjustable vapor? Or is the OmniVong being retired?

RobbIt

I'm wondering why the decision was made to design the new Ti tip to look like 2 bowls (1 regular and 1 2020m) stacked on top of each other. Very ugly design.
There are only 2 o-rings shown as well so I think the stems may be slightly different at the tip end as you can see in the attached picture. The airport is further up the stem meaning you can no longer see when the condenser is at full extension by looking at the hole like on the current model.
I really like the fluting on the new mouthpiece though.
I hope Dynavap haven't ruined this Ti tip in the same why they did with the 2020M as I have wanted a new Omni since I bought my first one 3 years ago.
Looks slick. Not sure exactly what’s changed.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
"Enhanced tactile navigation geometry"

I'm a little skeptical about the new tips. They look closer to the 2020 M tip- I was never able to get very consistent results with an induction heater with that tip.

I still prefer the clean simple look of the original 2017ish Omnivap, but I'm looking forward to trying out the 2021.

Does the new Vong work like an Omni with adjustable vapor? Or is the OmniVong being retired?

It's funny I was going to comment on that earlier, actually had typed up a response because I never post in here and thought it might seem out of place/trollish, so I decided against it. But now that its been pointed out....forgive me in advance, but it saved in my comment box so here it is lol

Nine fins!
View attachment 6469
Trisected though but nine no less.

Not much of a DV guy at all, I kinda just pop in to stay kind of up to date with them, but damn...I feel like you need a they sat down and said "How many fancy scientific sounding words can we stick in one ad?"

Enhanced tactile navigation geometry? Seems to be the same concept of laces on a football. Just helps you know how its oriented without having to stare at it. Either that or it's just grippier so you can spin it easier? Pretty big stretch at a descriptive term there.

Top Bottom