TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
WTF is going on Dynavap?
Please refrain from sharing unreleased/leaked images.
The only images that are currently allowed to be shared are those released by DynaVap. After the 21st everyone can post freely.

Thanks,
Josh

I understand this is a request, but it comes across as a bit rich to me.

Nothing against you Josh, your just doing your job.

What are the mod's take on this?

Couldn't agree with you more @BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm just thinking that if one of the vendors who are here frequently, answering questions, providing assistance, getting to know the community who use their product most, were to ask us not to post something I would respect that. But when someone who plays a lead role in retail, NEVER posts at a forum that has a large number of dedicated users. And when they finally do, they don't introduce themselves or discuss anything. They just go right to telling us what we can and can't do on a site that isn't run by them and then bow out.

I wonder if George would think that is good retail?

Last edited:

RobbIt

I'm just thinking that if one of the vendors who are here frequently, answering questions, providing assistance, getting to know the community who use their product most, were to ask us not to post something I would respect that. But when someone who plays a lead role in retail, NEVER posts at a forum that has a large number of dedicated users. And when they finally do, they don't introduce themselves or discuss anything. They just go right to telling us what we can and can't do on a site that isn't run by them and then bow out.

I wonder if George would think that is good retail?
Very well said BabyFacedFinster.
Moreover, this is an open forum, created and administered by its users. In my view, we should be able to post anything we like as long as it’s not patently false or personally derogatory to other users; product/service pics and comments are why we are all here isn’t it!?

snackmaster

Whether a vendor is involved in the forum or not I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for unreleased content to be removed and I think FC rules support them doing so, BUT I'll say this feels like the leakiest release ever and it's kinda hard to keep track of where everything's coming from.

Cannabiker

Whether a vendor is involved in the forum or not I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for unreleased content to be removed and I think FC rules support them doing so, BUT I'll say this feels like the leakiest release ever and it's kinda hard to keep track of where everything's coming from.
It's not unreasonable to ask, no. But he went on to tell us what is allowed, and what and when we can post freely--that's a little less reasonable. Sure, Dynavap has copyright protections for their logos and images, but the type of sharing that's happened here isn't a copyright violation, so Josh has no authority to insist we desist (disclaimer: I'm not a copyright attorney, and I've been wrong before). If he had just asked nicely, and maybe included a few pleasantries directed at this forum of fanboys and girls, I don't think we'd be seeing so many irked responses.

If you've got leaks, fix your plumbing. It's hard to put water back in the spigot.

snackmaster

It's not unreasonable to ask, no. But he went on to tell us what is allowed, and what and when we can post freely--that's a little less reasonable. Sure, Dynavap has copyright protections for their logos and images, but the type of sharing that's happened here isn't a copyright violation, so Josh has no authority to insist we desist (disclaimer: I'm not a copyright attorney, and I've been wrong before). If he had just asked nicely, and maybe included a few pleasantries directed at this forum of fanboys and girls, I don't think we'd be seeing so many irked responses.

If you've got leaks, fix your plumbing. It's hard to put water back in the spigot.
Copyright has nothing to do with it. We all agree to FC's rules when we sign up and the mods can change those and interpret them however they want. I imagine this falls somewhere under "Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved."

edit: and if it's not clear the mods removed the omni pic from the previous page so they're on dynavap's side here

vandalizedbythelotus

oh come now let's not blow this out of proportion. i'm sure we can all try to understand one another even if the wording is not perfect always.
i think we're all on the same side really.

dynavap presumably wants the reveals to have impact which could be lessened by the leaks.
however on the other hand there's interest in more detailed info because hype and VAS. we want more than social media teasers.

things are tough all over. peace.

Last edited:

Cannabiker

Copyright has nothing to do with it. We all agree to FC's rules when we sign up and te mods can change those and interpret them however they want. I imagine this falls somewhere under "Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved."

edit: and if it's not clear the mods removed the omni pic from the previous page so they're on dynavap's side here
I'm with you. The mods have that authority. Josh does not. And his post felt more broad than just a request to adhere to FC guidelines.

Regardless, it was a clumsy marketing move to scold people for being thrilled about their product.

But I really hope it's an indication that Josh would like to participate more; the best forums are the ones with maker/manufacturer presence. I'm sure he could answer plenty of questions the rest of us just speculate over.

snackmaster

I'm with you. The mods have that authority. Josh does not. And his post felt more broad than just a request to adhere to FC guidelines.

Regardless, it was a clumsy marketing move to scold people for being thrilled about their product.

But I really hope it's an indication that Josh would like to participate more; the best forums are the ones with maker/manufacturer presence. I'm sure he could answer plenty of questions the rest of us just speculate over.
That's fair. I don't know why he even bothered to chime in. I think something got silently removed a few pages back so stick with that strategy or fully engage.

RobbIt

oh come now let's not blow this out of proportion. i'm sure we can all try to understand one another even if the wording is not perfect always.
i think we're all on the same side really.

dynavap presumably wants the reveals to have impact which could be lessened by the leaks.
however on the other hand there's interest in more detailed info because hype and VAS. we want more than social media teasers.

things are tough all over. peace.
💪🏻😇

RobbIt,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
i’m still hoping the vong is a complete joke. it looks terrible unless they’re going for some hipster old vintage model look with an ad claiming it’s what the future is all about. seriously gives me really generic “futuristic” vibes. I love my vapcaps. my most used vaporizer by far. but I’m really disappointed that I personally don’t like the new offerings. who knows, they might perform better than what they’ve already release, but I feel it’s just a new design for a new design by somebody who doesn’t even use the product. Naw meen? Sorry

Top Bottom