KidFated.

Unknown Member
I have allotted 100 dollars to blow on feeding the VAS monster. Ideas? I currently have 2 Ms, the new 7 fin tip, and a PSM. I don't want to go over 100. Just a new toy...
Get yourself a nice custom stem. Pick a species of wood and have someone turn you a nice heirloom stem. I have some in a lock box they’re too nice to use on the regular, but I’m damn proud of them and bust them out when I want to be fancy.

Zoltani

Wow ya'll, thanks for the advice. I had no idea that the 2018 cap was so cherished. Yes, there is a solid delay between the first and second click unless I heat very aggressively. Combustion has happened quite a bit, but I always figured that was just part of a dynavap, sometimes you overheat or go for too many clicks per load. I am excited to see how this tip reacts with the flite.

One additional question I have is about the lack of a airport/carb on the wooden stems. I am only familiar with using the airport so how do the stems with no hole work? Different condenser than the M?

I do like wood, so I might have to go that way. Ed TNT and KG woodcrafts are on the list.
Edit: A green galaxy burl simrell stem would look nice with the green flite....hmm

Last edited:

Vaporware

I have allotted 100 dollars to blow on feeding the VAS monster. Ideas? I currently have 2 Ms, the new 7 fin tip, and a PSM. I don't want to go over 100. Just a new toy...

I don’t have one yet, but I’m interested in the low temp caps. Also, if you have 14mm glass you could try a hydravong body. You could also get a tip/cap/whatever in a different color if you care about

I believe the new Simrell mouthpiece/cooler is $90 if you’re interested in that, and it should fit in and extend an M by the length of the mouthpiece. I haven’t tried one of these either, but I hear they cool a bit and improve vapor quality.

An XL condenser with spinning mouthpiece from Dynavap would also be a good and cheaper option, but it doesn’t really change cooling or vapor quality and if you’re mostly using an induction heater then the spinning aspect doesn’t matter as much. You might like the look/feel/length better though.

Oh, and there are some nice cases and stands and random accessories made by a lot of different people...not sure what to recommend there, but I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff made by FC members. :)

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
regarding tip sizes and fittage in stems...

I discovered some time ago that the Ti and SS tips were slightly different. I used gradiated habd reamers to set the fitage on my stems do that the one is not too tight, and the other is not too loose, no problemo

Then comes the 20M with a even slightly larger tip Inhave one of those tips so I can fit to a custoner that has a 20m tip, but the older SS will be slightly loose, and the older Ti looser than I would allow on my stems

Now the even larger 77 fin tip.... come on, really? Hopefully DV will get better tolarance on future runs. But for the current one you all say that they are too much for the wood stems. I have a few stems that are larger than even the 20M, and so may fit...but cannot see buying a 77$ tip to find out. Now, if someone has an extra to loan, I would pay shipping both ways Im not chomping at the bit here...just a thought.

have a good holiday week
blessings danielj

KidFated.

Unknown Member
View attachment 4430

I wonder how long between gas refills with this bad boy?
The one I have is overkill for a DV, but works a treat on the supreme! Just lock the garage door if you have neighbors that stop by unannounced. It’s actually a pretty sweet set up when I’m wrenchin. But I don’t get much done with the supreme.

usps is behind on delivering my newest Ed’s TNT stems. I feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas!

Vaporware

Has anyone here *bought* one of the new Omnis with a 7 fin tip? If so, please tell us how they fit your stems.

Like I said before, my guess is the ones they gave away were the ones that didn’t pass QC or maybe a whole batch that was done just a little off.

If we hear from people who’ve just bought them we may have good evidence for or against that.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Just lock the garage door if you have neighbors that stop by unannounced.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah WTF Dynavap! If they can't hold tolerances with CNC equipment the machine is bagged out or the operator is unskilled or DV is like a honey badger they don't give a fuck. It would be reasonable to be +- 0.001 for the tip diameter. O-rings are precision parts... oh look

fReE StUfF
Bad dog! :horse: Get back in your cage! :dog:

sketch-1608675130894.jpg

Texus

I have been using a 2018 M that I got 4/20/18 and want to upgrade now that I am gonna be receiving a Flite IH. I'm looking at 3rd party stems for something to replace the M with and am super overwhelmed by the choices. If I am looking to spend $50-100, which stem would you recommend? Smooth cool vapor followed by easy of cleaning are my top priorities. Some of the wood stems concern me in the cleaning department.

I have a SS and Ti tip, so I do not need a new tip, but my cap is pretty banged up and dented.
I'm loving my BB Vapes Shell Shock and preorders are up at @VGOODIEZ for their new model that is $55

grogazola

About to pull the trigger on selling three Dynavap 18Ms and using those funds towards picking up a couple of Hydravongs (one in light wood and one in dark wood naturally). Can’t wait to leave SS behind and finally try Ti tips!!

edit - wait do hydravongs fit in pipes caldron/portside mini?? Thank you!

Last edited:
grogazola,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
About to pull the trigger on selling three Dynavap 18Ms and using those funds towards picking up a couple of Hydravongs (one in light wood and one in dark wood naturally). Can’t wait to leave SS behind and finally try Ti tips!!

yeah, the tip is all that goes into the ih.
you're fine.

Vaporware

The caps are all the same size (unless you measure at a very fine level), so any induction heater should work with any tip and cap. They will work *differently* with different tips though due to the different materials and mass.

If you’ve never tried a Ti tip, you may or may not wish you’d kept a SS tip, so if you have a way of trying a Ti tip with your heaters before selling the others that might be a good idea.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I would also wait on selling off all your SS tips. A Ti tip is only an "upgrade" to SS if you happen to prefer it. Some, including myself, prefer SS for the slower heating.

grogazola

I would also wait on selling off all your SS tips. A Ti tip is only an "upgrade" to SS if you happen to prefer it. Some, including myself, prefer SS for the slower heating
If you’ve never tried a Ti tip, you may or may not wish you’d kept a SS tip, so if you have a way of trying a Ti tip with your heaters before selling the others that might be a good idea.

Interesting - I thought the Ti tips gave bigger hits due to more even heating? I’m probably wrong. I’ll say though, every time I combusted in my SS tips it’s because I forgot about the cool down click...

notams

toke down Babylon
I prefer SS tips over Ti

Also, anyone that's got some money burning a hole in their pockets should really consider a low temp cap.

I've heard folks mention killing a bowl in 2 or 3 heat cycles. Not me - I wanna make each load last as long as possible. Low temp caps add at least 2 and sometimes 3 more heat cycles for me.

And, I wanted to give a shout out to alcohol lamps. It's my preferred heating method. I own an IH and a bunch of high $$ lighters. However, nothing beats the chill and the vibe of an alcohol lamp session. Any newbies on the forum looking for a new DV experience might want to check it out. Cheap, easy, fun.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah WTF Dynavap! If they can't hold tolerances with CNC equipment the machine is bagged out or the operator is unskilled or DV is like a honey badger they don't give a fuck. It would be reasonable to be +- 0.001 for the tip diameter. O-rings are precision parts... oh look

fReE StUfF
I am hoping that the freebie tips are just a first run, and that future runs will be more compatable. As it stands now, I need to ask custoners what tip they plan to use. Im certain I have no idea how difficult it is to calibrate CNC, nor how accurate they can get them dialed in. I do know that my little Taig lathe needs adjusting from time to time.

Vaporware

Interesting - I thought the Ti tips gave bigger hits due to more even heating? I’m probably wrong. I’ll say though, every time I combusted in my SS tips it’s because I forgot about the cool down click...

I use the Ti tips more personally, but I like both and I can understand people preferring either one.

I’m not looking for the biggest hit possible so I can’t really judge that, but I think you can get as much as most people would want out of either type, you just might have to adjust your technique for each one.

grogazola

Looking to upgrade my dynavaps today. This compatibility chart says the Hydravong comes with the standard condenser. Does this mean the hydravongs come with a Ti condenser?

Info is at the bottom of the page :)

Vape_Or_Die420

Looking to upgrade my dynavaps today. This compatibility chart says the Hydravong comes with the standard condenser. Does this mean the hydravongs come with a Ti condenser?

Info is at the bottom of the page :)
Pretty sure it's stainless

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: grogazola

StringTheorista

“standard” refers to it’s length, same length as the one in the M. As opposed to the “XL” condenser, which is longer for spinning mouthpieces. But yes, I believe the “standard” is Ti--I think all condensers other than M are ti

grogazola

Pretty sure it's stainless

Thank you! I appreciate your reply :) Do you know if any condensers are Ti?

“standard” refers to it’s length, same length as the one in the M. As opposed to the “XL” condenser, which is longer for spinning mouthpieces. But yes, I believe the “standard” is Ti--I think all condensers other than M are ti

Awesome! Team Ti! :)

grogazola,
Reactions: KidFated.

Xerror

I won't post a picture as it is the same as others provided, but I just received my Dynavap Gifts. I received a bronze-colored 2018 or 2019 M, along with the green DynaCase, and 7 fin tip. I signed up with the thought that I may follow through with the purchase -- I was interested but not completely committed financially on 12/7.

It was a great gesture by Dynavap. I appreciate the gift and will consider that when I make my next purchase.

To the first person or two who suggested the tips might be QC fails. I think that may be true. I see that mine can support a full bowl, but doesn't have two more grooves -- instead, it has one more groove and it doesn't look deep enough.

In any regard, I didn't pay for it. I get a chance to see their future product in beta, Dynavap gets to gauge interest in an actual production model of the 7 fin, along with garnering good will. There is no downside.

Ok, maybe there was one downside. Dynavap sent me the parcel via 2nd Day USPS. I just got it an hour ago. Kudos for USPS getting there before Christmas, but damn, it shipped on December 8th.

In all, very happy.

Top Bottom