joner

Hello all! Does anybody know if the Shellshock stem would fit in an interplanetary Development silo XL?

joner,

jds

Just picked up a ‘18M for a good deal to go with me ‘19 and ‘20 collection. Having the ‘19 and ‘20 already, do you guys think I’ll be reaching for the ‘18 at all?

I still reach for my 2018M, and even my 2017M. I love them for different reasons than the 2019M and 2020M.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'm waiting on my second anodized Ti rig from him through creamcityvapes.com they are currently out of stock on the plain SS and Ti versions.
I've been fat happy with my Omnivaps for years, not thinking I could ever enjoy any other stem more than an Omni...
I have only used my Omni once during an Assassin cleaning, and have not looked back.

This Assassin is the perfect balance for me in terms of vape production, and least restrictive.

kairos

I wonder how Austin feels about his intercooler functioning even better in someone else's stem. :o
Does Assassin stem, compared to Vortex stem, improve Vortex intercooler? Besides the fun factor of the intercooler spinning, is there really a turbo? Are vapor and effects better?

kairos,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
Does anyone have tips or links for how to change the body color on an M with a torch yourself?
Just something i'm thinking about doing because i'm bored...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just torch... It should work, but remember at these temps you will likely have very little control over your final colors if you go down this road.

SomnusViduus

I do believe you can bake your M in an oven to change the color as well.
Conventional oven I should add, NOT in the Microwave oven!
Noted lol

Just torch... It should work, but remember at these temps you will likely have very little control over your final colors if you go down this road
Ugly is actually ok with me.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You want a micro-torch and get the surface really hot but let the sub-surface remain somewhat cool to help freeze the color. The most brilian SS coloring is in tig-welded SS tubes. Lots of heat into the joint quickly and cooled quickly by the surrounding metals acting as a heatsink.

SomnusViduus

You want a micro-torch and get the surface really hot but let the sub-surface remain somewhat cool to help freeze the color. The most brilian SS coloring is in tig-welded SS tubes. Lots of heat into the joint quickly and cooled quickly by the surrounding metals acting as a heatsink.
I was a shop monkey for a bicycle company for awhile, like grinding and mitering and polishing and refilling the keg lol, but never really did much of the welding. That's the look i want though, that raw weld beauty before sand and polish. I love that look.

iammyself

I realized my post was confusing by only including a photo of the midsection I want to drill the hole in. Here’s both midsections that were included; I use the shorty wpa for use on my rattle can, and the longer midsection without water. Additionally, is there a mouthpiece that I should be looking at? Thanks again.

To update my post from a couple pages back, I decided to put the carb/air hole in the longer Ed’s TNT stem while doing a deep clean this morning. I used a 3/32 bit, and put it directly opposite the E in Ed’s. The draw without the hole covered is perfect! I just had an amazing bowl. I’m sure the deep clean helped there too.

7297E144-8247-4561-AD48-DBE1C360345F.jpeg

sag

I have been a happy user of an Omni for several years. I was getting tired of waiting for a new Omni version so I could get an xl Omni. I have the original type of regular Omni and not fond of the current Omni design. Out of vas, I ordered a shellshocked xl stem. I think I found my xl Omni replacement. It works great and I have been back to vapcaps full time. Cheers to the shellshock people and VGoodiez....

Greenleaf88

I have been a happy user of an Omni for several years. I was getting tired of waiting for a new Omni version so I could get an xl Omni. I have the original type of regular Omni and not fond of the current Omni design. Out of vas, I ordered a shellshocked xl stem. I think I found my xl Omni replacement. It works great and I have been back to vapcaps full time. Cheers to the shellshock people and VGoodiez....
Yessss!!!! i just did the same yesterday in matte black was considering the rainbow. Coming in next week someone on the forums told me it was fantastic.

JJ785

interesting... I use a stock 2019 M into a glass bong with 10-14mm adapter, or without water about 20% of the time. I was thinking of getting a BB9 or similar but would the shellshock be better?

Last edited:

Ripstar

The shellshock is worth the investment. I don't want to knock the quality or performance of other one-off stems. I prefer the shellshock over the Simrell, simply because it stays cooler. The adjustable airflow is kickass!
For sure! At first, wasn't clear on the airflow but, after you figure that out, it rips huge.
I would love a Simrell, but the prices for me right now don't make sense. I hope they continue to keep prices low.

Ripstar,
Top Bottom