vaporculture

Not sure. I have to take a look at the steps.
either way does anyone suggest a different one... maybe that plugs into the wall?
I heartily recommend Pipes Caldron -- It is small, built in a shorter version of the PSM body, and has been working great for me. I have the original Jarhead in another spot, but the Caldron is my go to. Perhaps Pipes can send you a replacement battery for your PSM with the Caldron?

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So, I have finally developed a design that I have been thinking about for almost 2 years - procrastinate much!

Bottom photo These are approx 1.5" longer than vapcap cl. Stem has two bores.. a 8mm at the tip end which provides the traditional chamber and airport. The airport is diagonal running parralel to the condenser. the reast of the stems bore is 5mm with a pocket at the end. The mouhpiece is epoxied on a custom length cobdenser, with X rings to snap into the stem.

Top photo When I mentioned here that a new design was coming, @TommyDee asked about a poor mans omni. Here is my approach - design d for the ti tip Tom, thoughts?...
IMG-9544.jpg
IMG-9536.jpg

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@stark1 @TommyDee
Honest answer please lol
I do not have the older pieces but the glass unit is still available and it is what it is, original. Different for sure. The original M would be a collector's piece. I'm not one for collecting but it is what it is. How do they draw? Well, improvements have been made throughout the years and in particular, '19 and '20 have far better draw resistance than previous models as I've witnessed with the '18-M. It's coming down to preference. They are all equally DynaVap and each one will speak to someone differently.

Nice work @danielj - you just made a new Omni. Marry that to the Ti tip and it will act similarly. Nice work!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Not sure. I have to take a look at the steps.
either way does anyone suggest a different one... maybe that plugs into the wall?

Keep an eye out on Dynatec. They're poised to release 2 new units. Looks interesting.

@Pipes will also sell you a Caldron which is a wall unit. He might even have those in stock. He can send you a replacement battery pack for your PSM at the same time. That is a replaceable pack in the PSM.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Beginner question? Recent new Omni XL Titanium unit. I broke the condenser using it to push out the screen for cleaning. Trying to determine if I have to spend $ 95 to get whole from my mistake or if they sell a separate Omni XL condenser without the mouthpiece?

@WirtDog , while pictures of your “broken” condenser would be helpful, it may be that the press fit
May, as String said, be the problem. I don’t believe you broke it.

On mine, it seems snug as a bug.

For the price you paid for your Omni, I would certainly contact DVCS.

Last edited:

Mono Loco

@swieder711 ... here's your Centerfold!
Orion.jpg

HMMMmmmmm ... I just saw on DV's IG page that they posted a close-up pic of "something" labeled "APOLLO 2 - ROVER". The shot was too "zoomed-in" to see the actual "thing" (just the logo), so I wonder ... is it a portable IH? Might the "Orion" shown above be an OEM Dynavap product, and the "Apollo2 Rover" be another DynaTec collaboration with Lucid Customs ??? Might there be TWO new offerings coming?

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
regarding my xxl stems/mp posted a few frames up...
here is a pic of the xrings on the condenser/mp. they grip fine and do not move. I will be supplying extra rings, but they chould last a long time as you only remove the mp to clean the condenser.

Also, an idea I will be adding to thse on request.. wax linen bindings traditionally used on bamboo and wood flutes. Colors sre black, brown, and tan,

I will have five of these custom vc ready soon
IMG-9545.jpg

The poormans omni after some shaping

IMG-9546.jpg

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
HMMMmmmmm ... I just saw on DV's IG page that they posted a close-up pic of "something" labeled "APOLLO 2 - ROVER". The shot was too "zoomed-in" to see the actual "thing" (just the logo), so I wonder ... is it a portable IH? Might the "Orion" shown above be an OEM Dynavap product, and the "Apollo2 Rover" be another DynaTec collaboration with Lucid Customs ??? Might there be TWO new offerings coming?

On FB
The God of the Sun returns...

Let it be adjustable

dddaver

I built a vap using a glass stem and got a Ti tip. I use other s too. That one hits best. I wonder if soaking the resinoouss parts in a cup of milk on the stove being warmed will make bangh?

dddaver,
Reactions: bulllee

stark1

Lonesome Planet
View attachment 2242

I'm gonna enjoy grocery shopping with this mask :D
View attachment 2243

This is my message to join the DV teatime on Instagram Sunday's at 6:30 PT.
Refresh Instagram at 6:30 and a notice should appear in the Insta DV logo.
Lori was kind enough to send me and wife this most excellent gift.
What a way to meet local vapors no less.

Shake & Bake flowering quince?

Joking. I love the aroma of baked goods.

Is that a “tubular headwear”, be a howl on Howl-Oween?

Last edited:
stark1,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'm liking this format @stark1 . I'm thinking a Cherry would be close to FQ.

My wife says flowering quince smells like a birthday cake.

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: stark1

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
poormans omni stem after some shaping
View attachment 2242

I'm gonna enjoy grocery shopping with this mask :D
View attachment 2243

This is my message to join the DV teatime on Instagram Sunday's at 6:30 PT.
Refresh Instagram at 6:30 and a notice should appear in the Insta DV logo.
Lori was kind enough to send me and wife this most excellent gift.
What a way to meet local vapors no less.
wpw! pretty wood how long is that stem?
your lathe def has more longitudinal travel than my little Taig

that stem looks like it could incorporate my sliding poormans omni approach, but then the length would be outrageous...dare I say, obscene?

danielj,
Reactions: Ramahs

WirtDog

It does not take a great pressure to push the thin screen out; so “breaking” the condenser by doing so is
Not likely. As someone said it is the “sanctioned” (approved) method. :whip:

Connect with DV CS, their service is impeccable. 💪

I’d be surprise if they don’t work something out with you, to “fix” your $95 condenser tubing; or simply replace it.

If you don’t, they will never know. Shit happens. :cheers:

PS Use imgbb.com- it is simple- to post pictures, as one alternative
Dynavap customer service emailed me and basically said all I can do is pay $ 95 to buy another Omni XL condenser and mouthpiece. No offer of anything? I did not want a warranty replacement but I wish they had offered me a new condenser for say $ 50. I would have been fine with that. Now I feel like throwing the re
After looking at this more I am pretty certain I broke the condensor?
There is the tube and a threaded part that retains the mouthpiece. That threaded part is soldered or has some small groove that fixes it to the tube. When I tapped the condensor with the mouthpiece attached I broke that bond so the threaded part will slide freely on the tube and will come off.

I am not making a warranty claim because it was my fault. I just used too much force. I am just trying to determine if they sell the Omni XL condenser without the mouthpiece. Hate to spend $ 95 to get whole. But, looks like I am stuck. Contacted customer service at Dynavap and sent them pics. Still waiting. Tried to call them and could not get through.

What is the symbol on this board to post pics? I have some to share but can not get them posted.

I heard back from DV customer service yesterday. At first, they were not willing to do anything but sell me the Omni XL condenser and mouthpiece as listed in the Parts section for $ 95? I pushed back and listed all the DynaVap items I have purchased recently and made it clear I was not happy. Several hours later, I received another follow-up email saying I could box it up, return it, and they would replace it at no charge. I am trying to clarify if they want the entire unit or just the condenser? I do think it might be useful for them to examine the parts to see what failed. I am not familiar with the techniques used to fix the threaded cylinder to the actual titanium condenser tube but there are two tiny circle marks on the tube itself that appear to be braising or soldering marks where the threaded cylinder was.

I am pleased with the offer. I was very willing to pay for the part that failed. I did not tap the condenser very hard against the screen but I did not realize how badly it was stuck. I had been using one of George’s favorite drawing techniques? It works as he said but the residue behind the screen builds up really fast. Had I realized that I would have soaked the tip in 91% alcohol and freed it that way. Now, I know what to expect next time. I have my Simrell stem and titanium tip and cap to use during the exchange.

My apologies to the administrator that had to merge my posts. Had a little trouble getting acclimated to how the site worked. Think I have got it now?

Top Bottom