• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I may be part of the confusion. I started Dynavap with an '18-M. Wrestled with it for a long time until I recently 'fixed' it. Works a cure now!
Got a pair of '19-m's on black friday... meh. and the '20-m just doesn't deliver for me. I'm a heavy hitter and for some reason, it is a difficult one to get heat into. I suspect the cooling fins are very effective. Nothing wrong with that. Combustion is virtually history? Okay, I can see that too.

I think George now has an eclectic assortment for different tastes. Next taste test for me is a Ti tip. This should be interesting. I still prefer my '18-tip over all the rest btw.

Omg, this gets confusing AF.. 2019 vs 2020..i may have to try the 2019 to be sure then i guess.
Btw anyone interested in giving away a C-Vap or a Karma Vap for my brother? thanks again in adv
Vape on !

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
@Fat Freddy If the glass tube is broken, no problem to get one new and replace it. ;)

I am working on wood mouth piece to put on the protuding glass to protect them more.

What do you think about this?

20200430_164210-1-jpg.18111

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Omg, this gets confusing AF.. 2019 vs 2020..i may have to try the 2019 to be sure then i guess.
Btw anyone interested in giving away a C-Vap or a Karma Vap for my brother? thanks again in adv
Vape on !
Buy the '19 also and if you like it better, give your brother the '20 :rockon: Money saved on shipping :doh:

Thing is I already bought the 2020..i dunno if to give it back for a 2019, since i didn t get to test one. :( and almost everyone s saying that the 2019 hits harder and stuff.
I really like the 2020 captive cap..i like playing with it..spinning, but in the end performance matters the most.
And the 2nd reason i bought the 2020 is because it was 15 bucks cheaper than the 2019 - cause they had only a colored vers left. (+ there are ppl complaining about the PhantoM Cap aswell..so..really mega confused atm ) :D

Buy the '19 also and if you like it better, give your brother the '20 :rockon: Money saved on shipping :doh:

shipping is free in my country..im in EU..or else i would ve purchased from em directly..

darkspider64,

Planck

believes in Dog
it is a difficult one to get heat into. I suspect the cooling fins are very effective.

I suspect the additional space caused by the faceted tip reduces heat transfer as well. Just going by the photos of the 20m

George now has an eclectic assortment for different tastes.

Let's hope the various model years continue to be available. 17M tip N/A, 18 and 19 still available. :huh:

I already bought the 2020..i dunno if to give it back for a 2019

So you have not tried the 20M yet?

ArthurJ

Hey @Fat Freddy, I think the draw resistance is fine. It's a wider tube so a little more open. I tend to favor taking the condenser tube out. I got the dimpled glass in those.

The glass should slide out. The black one the glass tube slides in and out easily. The lighter one, it doesn't feel like it's ever coming out, I don't if it's that particular wood or what. So yes, the glass comes out, but maybe not.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I suspect the additional space caused by the faceted tip reduces heat transfer as well. Just going by the photos of the 20m
<snip>

I don't think there is anything different about the captive cap besides a couple of crimps. I oval'd it out of the way and the dimples completely disengaged. I don't thing the cap itself is any different. I think is has something to do with the flats on the tip providing even less convection coupling. Now only points are in near-proximity of the cap where before it was a cylinder minus a groove or three.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

Let's hope the various model years continue to be available. 17M tip N/A, 18 and 19 still available. :huh:

So you have not tried the 20M yet?

I have tried it now..so i cannot give it back anymore..
I didnt try the 2019 and almost everyone s saying get the 19 instead of the 20..so that s why i m confused..

darkspider64,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
This is an analytical data-point and I want to add the Ti tip data when I get it.
This is also anecdotal as I don't have anything but this data and the hearsay of the forum.

When I put the '18, '19, and '20 through the IH, all else being equal, these are the force coupling I see on my IH;
Test; power one IH with the VC and take a wattage reading on an empty tip and cap on a wooden stem -
'18 10.3 volts @ 6.0 amps = 61 watts
'19 10.3 volts @ 5.4 amps = 56 watts
'20 10.5 volts @ 4.2 amps = 44 watts

And I concur that the heating levels experienced by each of these is commensurate with these findings.
This makes what I say in my book a fairly 'conclusive' set of data with regard to IH coupling.
Essentially, anyone can duplicate this data with an IH and current and volt meter.

There is a very small jump between the '18 and '19. I suspect geometry has everything to do with it. I have a lot less tendency to combust with the '19.
The '20 cap also seems to be made of a thinner metal. This could account for as much as 10% mass loss over the previous caps. The clicker weights the same, yet the thin cap certainly measures thinner on my end. Production variance or a specific design change? Not sure but if someone can take a measurement to their's, that would be good to know for completeness. If this is the case, then yes, there is less mass to heat up. But the other factors is that the cap and tip are no longer in close proximity to each other. This affects convection coupling to some extent but I don't know how that would change the inductive coupling. Something in the '20 tip has fundamentally changed the heating profile that we've all come to love up to the moment of combustion. Did George eliminate combustion in a '20-M VC?

There are a ton more experiments that could be done but I thought this would be interesting to understand there is actual data to support some of these wild comments from others and myself. I prefer a hot cap and full extraction in minimal draws. My modified '18 tip and cap is that rig for me.

edit; I just measured the caps alone in the IH. Sure enough, the '20 cap couples with ~15% less energy in the IH. I got 11.1v@4.1 amps for the '20 cap and 11.1v@5.3a on the '18 and '19 caps. The '20 cap has changed significantly in inductive coupling.

Last edited:
I've had a pre-burnt experience with my 20M. I always set my pb207 to low intensity flame. But this time i was out and there was some wind, so i switched to max and then my usual 3 sec's past click were a little harsh with a liil bit of smoke. I cant even see the flame when i'm out so its kinda tricky, must master this one someday. :sherlock:

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've had a pre-burnt experience with my 20M.

Join the club. :lol:

The other day I wanted a nice vapcap bowl outside, but my portable IH hasn't arrived yet, so I once a'fucking gain pulled out a torch. Respecting the stupid click and focusing on the middle of the cap. The first hit was minimal as it was warming up. The second hit was right on the verge of charring, and a hit so fucking hot that the flavor was foul and my throat was scorched. Checking the bowl found a dark roast with no charring. But damn, every fucking time I use a torch without regular practice or even then. :ugh:

My vapcaps are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Wait, which one is the bad one? Mr. Hyde I think.

Vapcaps with a torch-- Mr. Hyde

Vapcaps with an IH-- Dr. Jekyll. In fact, a sweet luscious Dr. Jekyll that I love and caress. :love:Haha TMI

No in-between for me. If my caldron isn't nearby, I use my Fury 2.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Fat Freddy If the glass tube is broken, no problem to get one new and replace it. ;)

I am working on wood mouth piece to put on the protuding glass to protect them more.

What do you think about this?

20200430_164210-1-jpg.18111

So the tip of the glass tube is under the dark red MP as shown in the pic above?

And @ArthurJ you have said: "I tend to favor taking the condenser tube out. I got the dimpled glass in those."

Do you mean to say you remove the glass that came with the wooden stem and replace it with a dimpled glass tube?

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,
Reactions: Summer

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've been waiting for a combustion event to change to a new quill stem. The glass one is just about honey'd out.
Today was that day. Playing with different IH is like playing with different torches.

Not bad though. I think I went at least a week on the glass hybrid stem without combustion.
Certainly a coco mug's worth of reclaim to enjoy in the AM.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@darkspider64 I say just keep using your 2020. You are right about it getting mixed reviews, but its early days.
Not sure how experienced you are with dynavaps but most people seem to sort them to their liking one way or another(whether it's simply a change in technique, heating tool used or something more advanced)

Does anyone here have the bb9 stem? I am thinking of getting one and using it without the plastic mouth piece. Can you post a pic of it without the mp? TIA

I love my BB9, I use it both as is(native) no mouthpiece, it produces nice cool vapor. I also enjoy using it through a water piece.
If and when it breaks, I'll be ordering another asap.

20200209-142245.jpg

Top Bottom