DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
Dynavap with Dankstop Liquid Freezable Glitter Chillum.

As the opening was a bit too large, I had to add a 8mm x 11mm piece of silicon tubing so it would fit, but this combination I giving me some nice smooth hits.
IMG-1028.jpg

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I’ve used regular cotton as an oil pad.
Definitely, you could retrofit, an SS tip with hemp strings, to make it fit.
Unless you apply direct flame to cotton, it will take a lot of heat.
And use o-rings for fitting.
It’s called “common sense”, someone???

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
glad you're enjoying your aristocrat, I'm trying to like mine. Perhaps if it was my first glass stem I'd enjoy it more? But, 90mm is actually more like 3.5 inches. I'd enjoy this stem slot more if it was actually 4.75 inches

I stand corrected, the 4.75 inches was with tip and cap on the Aristocrat. My apologies. Still loving it. It's my 4th or 5th glass stem for the vapcap not my first. I have several Hula stems of different lengths, and a couple @DDave Water Wands. Pretty much all I use is glass with my vapcaps.

Other than taste and mouthfeel the two reasons I use glass are ease of maintenance and the ease in harvesting reclaim.

I find it interesting that Dynavap isn't doing anything to serve the burgeoning 'condenserless' stem market. I'm probably in the minority but I've found all of the magic of the vapcap in the tip and cap. I do like to look at my Omni. If you are into metal sculpture and I am, then it's something to be appreciated. But when I want to use my vapcap I put one of the aforementioned stems on a tip and cap and have a wonderful time. I found messing with the condenser and o-rings was a pain the butt over the long haul. I learned that over time.

All of my vapes have glass mouthpieces/stems. All of the them. Because that's what works for me.

The vapcap is magical because of the tip and cap. You can go simple or go crazy with stems, so that makes it a lot of fun for a lot of people, but ultimately we all dig it because the cap and tip deliver the goods.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Dynavap with Dankstop Liquid Freezable Glitter Chillum.

As the opening was a bit too large, I had to add a 8mm x 11mm piece of silicon tubing so it would fit, but this combination I giving me some nice smooth hits.
IMG-1028.jpg

Hay, a fellow Mass hole! :tup:

Your picture prompted me to fashion a mini version of your stem, @DeeCee5.
An empty wallet also helped (Too many triple IPA all so helped).

Made with the help of some dry hydrophilic gel. :evil: Hydrated.

Monday, Monday.

Added a bit O’ length

Last edited by a moderator:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I stand corrected, the 4.75 inches was with tip and cap on the Aristocrat. My apologies. Still loving it. It's my 4th or 5th glass stem for the vapcap not my first. I have several Hula stems of different lengths, and a couple @DDave Water Wands. Pretty much all I use is glass with my vapcaps.

Other than taste and mouthfeel the two reasons I use glass are ease of maintenance and the ease in harvesting reclaim.

I find it interesting that Dynavap isn't doing anything to serve the burgeoning 'condenserless' stem market. I'm probably in the minority but I've found all of the magic of the vapcap in the tip and cap. I do like to look at my Omni. If you are into metal sculpture and I am, then it's something to be appreciated. But when I want to use my vapcap I put one of the aforementioned stems on a tip and cap and have a wonderful time. I found messing with the condenser and o-rings was a pain the butt over the long haul. I learned that over time.

All of my vapes have glass mouthpieces/stems. All of the them. Because that's what works for me.

The vapcap is magical because of the tip and cap. You can go simple or go crazy with stems, so that makes it a lot of fun for a lot of people, but ultimately we all dig it because the cap and tip deliver the goods.

@beyond6strings
Pretty much identical circumstances for me, too.

Virtually all I use is glass now. My original Shadow M and NonaVong XLS, sit silently and lonely in their tubes and even my beloved titanium tip that I was using in everything now sits in my vong.

(It was simply browning out my shit too fast for what I was getting out of it.)

I'm now exclusively using my stainless steel Shadow M tips (I have 2 tips with caps) in the glass stems that I'm swapping back and forth.

There are plenty of metal and wood stems that I would LOVE to buy and display on shelves but for daily use, glass has definitely
won me over!

@stark1 Nice setups and diggin the mouse!

Happy Vaping!

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I think its great that you have found what works for you, and you are sticking to that...And I do appreciate it's simplicity.

Yes, the magic of the cap/tip lends itself to various stem types. I have made a few condesnerless stems for folks who want them. I continue to support the airport/condenser design because it does have magic of its own - geeky stuff like vortex and venturi; which does result in a benefit to tip and stem function. Also, some folks like the spinning mouthpiece.

I have 1 glass stem from RWW. I like the simplicity, but not the draw dynamics. A forum member shared a draw technique that involves beginning the draw before the mouth contacts the stem, and leaving the sides of the lips open to continue to draw outside air into the lungs as vapor is also drawn thru the stem. That tech makes the stem useable for me.

Other folks can, and do prefer, the pulling vacuum aproach of a bare bones stem. Its all good.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

Well said @beyond6strings. I'ts so nice when people express their opinions in ways that it shows respect for others.

Condenser? Or no condenser? Its awesome that there are so many choices to fit almost any need. From super fancy to completely utilitarian and everything in between.

GtrBob

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think (hope!) he (@danielj) was referring to the inevitable outcome of those three contenders fought a cage battle.

“Cage Match 2: The Aftermath”
yes , referring to the glassapocrylpse

I aint lost nothin...except
my youth, my patience, and my hair...
and anything Ive set down 10 seconds ago
and anything Ive put in a special place, as to not forget where I put it

Top Bottom