• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dopse

I'm guessing aTI woody with spinning mouth piece, since the omni has a built in mouth piece, the bodies would be interchangeable. Not the Xi Ti woody. Btw
As I do not know how much I am going to like the Ti mouthpiece, would it be possible to change it to the woody's one as well?

Edit: Also, could I use the Woody S without a mouthpiece if I wanted to?

jedcaum

@dopse : It is not currently possible to swap a wooden mouthpiece onto an Omni condenser. The threads are very fine, and I personally doubt they would hold in a piece of wood. Perhaps they will use a metal insert and bond it with a wooden mouthpiece, but they don't currently offer that. Some folks have covered the Omni mouthpiece with the silicone from the OG.

You can use a Woody S without a mouthpiece, but it will feel a little weird maybe? You'll be sipping from the condenser like a stainless steel straw.

jds

I saw a question posted on reddit in Vaporents that caught my eye. Here it is:
Is the repeated heating and cooling of the vapcap's cap (always stainless steel, I think) and tip (which is either titanium or stainless steel, depending on which model you have) bad for the metals? Is there any chance of them becoming brittle, breaking, deforming, becoming soft, etc?

How durable are VapCaps really?

It didn't seem to get any definitive answer over there. Any idea?

Farid

If you respect the click the temperatures reached should be well below the temperature needed to cause fatigue on the material. If the cap did stop clicking replacements do not cost much, but there are lots out there that have seen heavy daily use for over a year. Dynavap CS is top of the line, if something were to happen, I'm sure they would take care of you.

Baron23

Still, I would like to see what actually IS the most polular vape out there.

If that's the case, what's the issue with the poll results as they now stand. The poll was open, voting was brisk, then later a TON of votes for VC, with no required text about why they voted that way, started pouring in. Ballot box stuffing, in a word.

I think that you got exactly what you wanted from this poll....a good reflection of votes from people who use them, albeit this population of voters is going to be slanted toward members of his board, yeah?

But he may have taken it down because the Vapcap is not one of the vapes that he gets a referral sales commission on like some of the others on the list.. if people in the market see that poll, Vapcap sales will soar even more and he wouldnt get a cut - and if he did, maybe he wouldn't have closed it, or maybe he would've let it go alittle bit longer before closing it. So he probably had 2 reasons to close it. Just me speculating.

Sorry, mate. But this is the definition of fake news these days. He "may have", "might have done", "possibly did it because". So, you set up your own strawman in order to knock it down and impugn this guys reputation and honesty. You say its just you speculating, but how you like someone doing this type of speculating about you on a public forum.

I have been a VC fan for a good while and have loved my OGs, in particular. I also have many friends who I like and respect very much who own VCs and who participate in this thread.

With that said, there is a strong tendency of VC lovers to see the VC as the universal bolt to fit everyone of us nuts which, IMO, is just not true. On this board, in almost ANY thread asking for vape advise, no matter what the criteria the inquirer puts forth, someone (or more likely more than one) will come into that discussion touting the VC to the heavens as THE solution no matter what the person said that they were looking for. I got it, we love it, but not everybody does and not all poll results are skewed because the VC didn't come in first place.

Anybody want to give Bud shit for how he ran his poll, go to his site, post it publicly and to his face, and then debate it. But taking shots at him over here based on pure made up speculation is not cool IMO.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
You have every reason to get an "M". I recommend getting it with the Ti tip, although it's great, almost exactly the same with it's SS tip. Gives surprisingly smooth and cool vapor dry. I had to begrudgingly admit that it is indeed better than the Vapman. And it will last you forever as long as you have extra Silicone O-rings.
Wouldn't the glass provide better flavor?

AJS,
Reactions: Ricardo

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't really see how Vapcap owners could "manipulate" the poll. There wasn't even anything to win, what would "false votes" even accomplish? :shrug:
What really happened is it sounds like a lot of happy owners found out about the poll later than the first string of viewers and chimed in after his main stream already spoke so it looked like a landslide of Vapcap support. If you read the comments many members here from FC chimed in and I don't feel like any of you are dishonest so I don't see anything being "skewed." In fact many members here are very experienced with vaporizers, more so than Budd's crowd who tends to be researching for their first vaporizer; so some of these "skewed" votes actually hold more water in my opinion.

Also look at the price of the top 3 vapes. Mighty and Crafty have a substantially higher barrier to entry, a poll is a numbers game so it makes sense that the Vapcap audience could be larger. You could buy 10 of the original Vapcaps for the price of a Crafty and that's not to take anything away from any of these units except to assume that affordability assuredly helps many businesses increase market share.

I like Budd's reviews and find them helpful. I didn't vote cause I could care less but I don't think anyone that did, did so with bad intentions.

bounce5

Wouldn't the glass provide better flavor?

I guess. I have the glass one. My opinion is that the M and Titanium ones taste pretty good though for being conduction. They taste like the herb was baked inside a high quality oven made of steel/titanium to me. The fact that they are indestructible and work so well is what I value most.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, particularly with a closed air hole, isn't the VapCap more of a convection vape than a conduction vape? Since I usually do no more than 1 bowl at a time, while the tip heats up a little, I don't think it heats up to conduction temps. So, the vast majority of the vapor is coming from heated air traveling thru the load which would be convection.
Even with more than one load I still think it is MORE convection than conduction, even if the conduction percentage increases with a hotter tip.

FreddieFresh

Sorry, mate. But this is the definition of fake news these days. He "may have", "might have done", "possibly did it because". So, you set up your own strawman in order to knock it down and impugn this guys reputation and honesty. You say its just you speculating, but how you like someone doing this type of speculating about you on a public forum.

We can only speculate as to why he closed the poll but Bud's bias towards S&B is well known to many on the forums. His reviews aren't bad, but I take them with a grain of salt. It's no secret that he receives compensation if people use his referral links. It's fair for him to question the integrity of the voting, and its just as fair for us to question his intentions for closing the poll.

But we're getting off topic here...

Vapcap!! :rockon: :peace: :leaf: :science:

Farid

I think it might seem to be more convective than it is because of the small bowl. What really makes me know I'm getting conductive vapor is the degraded taste. Since the vapcap has such a small bowl the flavor doesn't degrade faster than the bowl, so I never get to the point of tasting those conduction flavors.
I think it is mostly conduction, with convection assisting it. I don't have a problem with this at all, and in fact I think the reason the vapor seems so smooth is that I'm used to convection bringing hot air to my throat.

My biggest gripes with conduction are more applicable with session vapes.

These days I don't get hung up on convection/conduction as much as I used to (I say that, but I'm writing a heat transfer lab right now lol). What I mean by that is that I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, and I think the ideal vapor has elements of both.

I used to blame conduction for the harsh hits I was getting from my MFLB. Then I realized it was the short air path, and the fact that you cannot really clean it.

I also used to think the pax was a lousy vaporizer because it's a conduction unit. It wasn't until I tried one and was blown away. I agree it doesn't taste as good as other units, but there are some benefits to conduction which are often overlooked as well.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So, particularly with a closed air hole, isn't the VapCap more of a convection vape than a conduction vape? Since I usually do no more than 1 bowl at a time, while the tip heats up a little, I don't think it heats up to conduction temps. So, the vast majority of the vapor is coming from heated air traveling thru the load which would be convection.
Even with more than one load I still think it is MORE convection than conduction, even if the conduction percentage increases with a hotter tip.

It's a hybrid of convection and conduction, regardless of the carb being open or closed.

It has quite a bit of conduction going on from my observations, though it's nothing like a Mighty. I find that the first bit of the heat cycle is conduction that heats the outside of the load followed by convection which heats the whole load.

If you have a glass piece that is big enough you can watch the transition. It starts with a fair amount of vapour then it gets thicker as the convection takes over.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
You have every reason to get an "M". I recommend getting it with the Ti tip, although it's great, almost exactly the same with it's SS tip. Gives surprisingly smooth and cool vapor dry. I had to begrudgingly admit that it is indeed better than the Vapman. And it will last you forever as long as you have extra Silicone O-rings.

The Ti tip from the Omni is interchangeable with the SS tip from the M. So in that way the are interchangeable.

:|. Your not helping. I had myself talked out of an M and getting a Dynastash XL, but now I might throw an M in for me because of the $20 for the cap and $20 for the rest of the M logic someone mentioned and has stuck in my head.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I think it is mostly conduction, with convection assisting it.

It's a hybrid of convection and conduction, regardless of the carb being open or closed.

I gotta agree with these statements. From what I can tell, it seems to be mostly conduction going on, but there's definitely a convection component as well.

We could sit and debate all day whether it's more conduction or more convection, but in the end what really matters is that it delivers the goods. And quite effectively too!

Call it the VapCap magic... :spliff:

:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I guess. I have the glass one. My opinion is that the M and Titanium ones taste pretty good though for being conduction. They taste like the herb was baked inside a high quality oven made of steel/titanium to me. The fact that they are indestructible and work so well is what I value most.
The Ti seems to add like $30. lil too much for me for an impulse buy.

Seems like the SS would just get hot pretty fast. Any thoughts?

I have a Lotus Zico torch .. should I upgrade to the triple?

Anything else I need to get started? Storage container?

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Is there a special technique to produce the biggest clouds possible?

I recently got the Nonavong S, it's a great lil piece that produces great flavor but the cloud production for me has just been average. I am using a mini triple flame torch with the blue flame hitting the base of the cap, but still when I put this through my 12" beaker bong I barely notice the chamber being filled with vapor.

The nonavong fits kinda loosely and deep in a 14mm female where only the carb hole and edge of the stem stick out from the joint. This make it difficult to pull out the piece without touching the hot cap.

Is the loose fit an issue for vapor production?
Should I bring the cap even closer to the flame?
Pack the herb chamber even tighter?
Is the chamber size for the woody/nonavong adjustable?

Baron23

I don't really see how Vapcap owners could "manipulate" the poll. There wasn't even anything to win, what would "false votes" even accomplish? :shrug:
What really happened is it sounds like a lot of happy owners found out about the poll later than the first string of viewers and chimed in after his main stream already spoke so it looked like a landslide of Vapcap support.
And how do you know what "really happened"?

Bud is someone I know personally. What "really happened" is most of the voting took place and the VC came in a very high place considering it was competing against much more expensive and complex vapes (3rd place). Votes for VC's at this time were accompanied by the required text that the voter was asked to enter. That keeps it pretty honest as it took much more than a mouse click to vote.

Then at a LATER date when voting had tapered off, there was a sudden flood of VC votes with NO text cause all you gots to do is click the mouse and stuff the ballot box.

That's what happened.

As to your question of how...I just answered that.

As to your question of why....who the fuck knows.

Why does there have to be a subplot. A conspriacy (especially one with a commerical motive). Why not just accept, and even rejoice, that your well beloved simple and relatively new VapCap came in third amongst all other vaporizers. Just because it didn't come in first place??

We see this "you called my baby ugly" BS all over this site and it does no one any credit.

I'm done with this conversation. If anybody wants to pursue it further, post on http://forum.vapelife.com/

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So ever since the v4 tips came out (right after I got my Ti Woody-S) I have wanted one to try it out. I have gotten way better with technique and I don't feel like I NEED it, but need isn't really operative in this thread. :lol:
I have also wanted a Nonovong since they came out, just because. I didn't think I would use my VCs with water, but shit changes.
So for less than $39 sale price I can add a Nonovong stem and standard condenser to my order and using the v3 tip and the cap from an OG and I'll have yet another full VC. Because.

Somebody take my CCs...

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
It's almost impossible that you don't end up in a kind of a dilemma regarding which model to get over another etc... so here is mine and please I'd welcome any advice since I'm still a rookie in the VC family..
I currently have the M along with a nonavong that I mostly have the condenser and the tip on since I mainly like vaping through water. Nevertheless, I like the idea of having a handheld device as well either this is an XLS nonavong, or an M or even a Ti woody..
Since I have the blackwood stem does it worth getting an xls-mp-attached condenser along with the Ti tip and a cap to bind it with OR get an extra one (I'm between Ti woody blackwood double crown/novavong xls/novavong-s skinny body) and keep the nonavong as it is with the M's condenser and Tip/cap? Diff in $$ is not that huge from each one. I think the choice to have the ti tip with the xls condenser comes to $73 and the complete one is at $76.5 the Ti woody one. The nonavong's looks like a charm despite the 85$ :D oooh myyy.. tough decisions are to be made!! Another cap is definitely going to be needed to think straight!! :rofl:
I don't really like the metal feeling, not that it's something wrong with it, but I'd rather have sth in wood..Of course, I could just get another M and use the fat mouthpiece instead of the metal one... :doh:

Any thoughts or suggestions to my mind and VC games? :p

Top Bottom