• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carlos8400

Has anyone used one of these and the Vapman?
How do they compare?

I love the idea of a low tech butane vape, bought the Vapman and was super disappointed by it, too little oven, to much faff to use, doesn't get me high, don't like it at all.

The Vapecap looks like it has both a larger oven, better ergonomics and is easier to use, I just don't want to get one and then feel the same way i did with the Vapman...

Last edited:

Carlos8400

I'd also like to hear people chime in on that one carlos8400 i've got a vapman too but it doesnt se much use for the same reasons you said. (well it gets me high, it's just taking 3 bowls to get there. aka too much time.)

That's exactly my problem with it, 3 bowls is also what i need to get there, and with the Vapman that's a LOOONG time and a lot of faffing!
The Omnivap really looks much better in every way.

Last edited:

Alexis

That's exactly my problem with it, 3 bowls is also what i need to get there, and with the Vapman that's a LOOONG time and a lot of faffing!
The Omnivap really looks much better in every way.
Carlos, I have never used the vapman, but I own the Omnivap, and it is a pretty serious vaporizer with power and punch! It is amazingly efficient. I know you have the superb Herborizer Ti. I have the XL, and to me the Omnivap is a stronger vape, requiring far less material and taking me much higher.

It is easy to get medicated as well, in terms of time it takes, and effort once you have figured out your technique.
I think it would be an excellent portable accompaniment (wow, I just realised what a long word that is!) to your Ti desktop.

@Squiby , aka "Queen of vapcap", does havevthe vapman, and she will tell you any day (probably today if you stick around), that the vapcaps are superior on virtually every level!

duff

Well worn
Holy crap

I had already ordered two Dynastashes two days ago.
Just now I ordered some o-rings and screens with a note to add it to my previous order from Friday.

Within five minutes I got an email saying that my recent order was successfully added to my previous order and an itemized list of my new full order, including the Dynastashes.

Totally incredible.

Dynavap is changing my expectations.

doubledown

As we tend to like to do around here, I also wanted to chime in and thank @Arielle.Dynavap for excellent CS (skittlepop70). I got a kind email last night, as I'm sure many of you did, saying that my order had started and she was personally available if I needed anything. I sent back a couple questions to which I promptly received a thorough reply.
I know every faceless corporation can't do that kind of CS, but that's the point. For a small cottage industry business to supply that level of perceived care about its customer and product is exactly what it takes to be a leader. Here I am praising this person and company and I don't even have the product yet! Kudos Arielle, George, and Dynavap. I can't wait to try the product and look forward to sharing with my friends to continue helping Dynavap be successful.

mixchu69

I'm planning to purchase the all ti omnivap.

is it confirmed that it won't come with a glass body?
Can I purchase a cocobolo or other wood body to use on omnivap if I want a different experience than all titanium? I want to be able to switch. I realize I can by a specific wood Omni.

I know I have more questions to ask. I really like how members of the dynavap form are quick to chime in and give advice quickly.

Edit: not the biggest fan of metal mouthpiece, realize I can use rubber mouthpiece, but in the future if dynavap comes out with new mouthpiece, can I buy the new mouthpiece to work with the omni

janusportal

Is there a list of recommended purchases if you just have the Woody/M? Should I get steel screens for the M or just order a couple of titanium sets?

Also wondering about getting the cocobolo Dynastash to match my Ti Woody. If I get the Light or Flight kit, I could always get the cocobolo one later and the cedar only comes in that kit...

Can I purchase a cocobolo or other wood body to use on omnivap if I want a different experience than all titanium? I want to be able to switch. I realize I can by a specific wood Omni.
The compatibility chart is at the bottom of this page:
https://www.dynavap.com/faq
I'm sure someone's got the exact answers, though. :)

Smokey McVape

Straight up, if you're combusting you are heating it wrong or not respecting the clicks. Use the softer inner flame. Evenly spin the Vapcap. Heat closer to the tip for lower temp.
I have been using the unit correctly mate and have never heated past the click and I spin the unit evenly - I'm not stupid. Still get combustion often even using the inner flame. I am guessing this is due to the glass, hence the reason for my asking if the TI is better due to the thicker walls and better heat retention

needalift

:D:D:D
Is there a list of recommended purchases if you just have the Woody/M? Should I get steel screens for the M or just order a couple of titanium sets?

Also wondering about getting the cocobolo Dynastash to match my Ti Woody. If I get the Light or Flight kit, I could always get the cocobolo one later and the cedar only comes in that kit...

The compatibility chart is at the bottom of this page:
I'm sure someone's got the exact answers, though. :)
If I were you , I would make sure you get some extra screens ( steel are fine and don't bend as easy ) , some high temp o-rings , condenser o-rings , hemp fiber ( if you want to do the sandwich screen method ) , and as I've recently discovered some bees wax doesn't hurt . I bought my wax from Ed's TNT ( Ed's Bomb Ass Butter ) . A few days later , Dynavap released their wax . If you buy a woody the wax is great to keep its shine and lubricates the o-rings amazingly . This really helps when pulling apart and putting back together . The o-rings will probably not be needed for a good while , maybe not ever if you are lucky but it's piece of mind having them . The same with screens . I almost lost one popping it out , but have not had to replace one yet , I just clean mine . I bent the screen one time but straightened it by hitting it with a hammer :D I hope I didn't forget anything ....

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm planning to purchase the all ti omnivap.

is it confirmed that it won't come with a glass body?

I know I have more questions to ask. I really like how members of the dynavap form are quick to chime in and give advice quickly.

Edit: not the biggest fan of metal mouthpiece, realize I can use rubber mouthpiece, but in the future if dynavap comes out with new mouthpiece, can I buy the new mouthpiece to work with the omni
Yes, you can always add a different body; wood, carbon fiber, etc. to your Omni at any time.

As far as the mouthpiece, the Omni's mouthpiece is an integral part of the condenser assembly. It is not possible to swap it out. However, you could buy a wood mouthpiece and a standard condenser with a pack of the SS condenser o-rings, and use those with your Omni's Ti body and Ti tip. You will not have the adjustable airflow if you do this, you will have a spinning mouthpiece instead.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Sounds like you're doing something wrong mate. I combusted a handful of times when I first got my OG and was learning the ropes, my first Ti (second generation tip) also got combusted in a few times (every occasion was down to reheating before the cooldown click)

I've had 4th Gen Ti tipped models since the start of the year and so far, have never combusted. I think some of it is a learning curve, but both the Ti and stainless models do seem more forgiving.

As for cleaning, unless you combust there's not a lot of need. Reclaim will build up in the condenser, I usually just scrape it out with a small dabber, but You can get it spotless by warming it up and pushing a Q tip though the condenser. I iso wash my Ti tips maybe once every month or two.

Torch wise I recommend a double flame. Get the flame set as low as it will reliability fire. Position the flames in line with the cap so you're heating the load evenly, cap sitting at the top of the outer flames (you don't need to burn the living shit out of it). Heating towards the end of the cap will give you a faster click and a lower temp, heating at the base will give you a slower click and a higher temp. I like double flames as they cover the whole load while still allowing you accurate control over the temperature, I find you lose this accuracy with quads and tri flames.

Some people rock their vapcaps back and forth, I prefer to constantly rotate 360 degrees. In my mind, this should allow for a more even heating of the load with less chance of overheating one side.
Thanks Lykosa. I read this thread thorougly before my purchase and have never heated after the click on heat up and have always waited for the cool down click as I think the Vapcap will be perfect for in the field vaping. I think I will stick to a single jet torch to keep temps managable and keep practicing.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have been using the unit correctly mate and have never heated past the click and I spin the unit evenly - I'm not stupid. Still get combustion often even using the inner flame. I am guessing this is due to the glass, hence the reason for my asking if the TI is better due to the thicker walls and better heat retention

But you're not. If you're combusting with a vaporizer you're not using it correctly. You're basically blaming the glass and not your technique and I just don't see it. I'm not trying to be rude, or disrespectful, or insincere - just honest. Myself and hundreds of others have been using the glass model for months and months on end, so please understand my perspective. Nobody said you're stupid, the fact is this vaporizer does take a technique and until it becomes engrained like riding a bike there can be consistency issues, ESPECIALLY with a glass Vapcap, ESPECIALLY with a single torch.

Now I can't imagine combusting with a TRIPLE FLAME whatsoever. It heats so fast and even, never combusted that way. The only way I can combust with my glass Vapcap is to use a single torch and heat way too low and long near the digger outer to the point it takes too long to register a click. This only happens when trying to vaporize the whole bowl in one cycle running through my water pipe. I haven't had that problem since I started doing my heat soaking technique of first heating closer to the tip for a click.

Use your triple torch, turn the heat as low as it will go without sputtering, heat closer to the END of the cap.

Squiby

The thing that I find is a hassle about my portable collection are the batteries.
Having dealt with all sorts of battery-powered vapes (Solo, Air, Grasshopper) , I am really looking forward to the peace of mind the omnivap will provide
I think that the Vapcap is the future for fast, efficient, portable, convenient and pleasurable vaporization.

Being untethered from the constant inconvenience of having to deal with cords, organize, keep track of, replace and charge batteries, adds to the simple joy of getting high.

It doesn't need to be complicated; just get a Vapcap.

Can someone please post the diameter of the DynaMagnet.
It looks to me to be about 13mm.

Has anyone used one of these and the Vapman? How do they compare?
I love the idea of a low tech butane vape, bought the Vapman and was super disappointed by it.
The Vapecap looks like it has both a larger oven, better ergonomics and is easier to use, I just don't want to get one and then feel the same way i did with the Vapman...

My first manual vape was the Vapman. I loved the cute shape and although the pan was a bit of a hassle to load and you had to pay close attention when heating, I was satisfied with it.

Getting the Vapcap put the Vapman in the back of a drawer permanently.

The Vapcap is easier to load. There is no need to grind your herb. The airflow can be adjusted to your liking much easier than the Vapman. The Vapcap stays cleaner much much longer, especially with a degummed hemp fiber filter added to the chamber and its easier to dismantle and thoroughly clean. You are less likely to burn your fingers. The Vapcap can be heated with just bout any heat source and any type of jet lighter from 1 jet to 4 jets. The ritual is more satisfying somehow. The vapor is a bit smoother, cooler and definitely less harsh than the Vapman. The Vapcap is easier to carry in a pocket. It stealthier and a handy dandy stash accessory is available to carry your VC and herb. It has a really fun modular build so you can change up the look feel and function with a 2 second reconstruction with different parts.

The Vapcap is hands down superior to the Vapman in every conceivable way.

Last edited:

Formersmoker85

The dude abides
So impressed with DV support right now. @Arielle.Dynavap is an angel . I have pestered her with many questions and she has went way above and beyond at what most would consider an ungodly hour, .... on a weekend..... day before Easter no less.

:bowdown:

Ti Woody S or Omni? Ti Woody S or Omni? :hmm:

Man why is this decision so hard? I figure I'm bound to have them all eventually, but for some reason picking one at a time is such a challenge :shrug:

You know, I kept telling myself I was going to try and avoid this sell like the plague, but I ended up caving. I think I'm more addicted to buying Vapcaps than actually using them. And you people aren't helping :doh:

I was going to say the same. George must be an absolute slave driver haha :whip:

He's got poor Arielle responding to emails at 2 o'clock in the morning on EASTER SUNDAY :whoa:

Name one other company in any line of industry that does that! No doubt we all run them through the wringer, but they continue to stay up night after night burning the midnight oil in order to keep us satisfied. I'm highly impressed and appreciative of all they do :clap:

True that.
Arielle's really gives you the best CS you can imagine. I wish such company's all the best. You really notice that there really concerned about their customer experience.
Dynavap has the potential to become the ultimate leader in the vapeworld. It gave me the feeling of owning something like a zippo. It's for life and you know you're always backed by their amazing CS :rockon:

Smokey McVape

But you're not. If you're combusting with a vaporizer you're not using it correctly. You're basically blaming the glass and not your technique and I just don't see it. I'm not trying to be rude, or disrespectful, or insincere - just honest. Myself and hundreds of others have been using the glass model for months and months on end, so please understand my perspective. Nobody said you're stupid, the fact is this vaporizer does take a technique and until it becomes engrained like riding a bike there can be consistency issues, ESPECIALLY with a glass Vapcap, ESPECIALLY with a single torch.

Now I can't imagine combusting with a TRIPLE FLAME whatsoever. It heats so fast and even, never combusted that way. The only way I can combust with my glass Vapcap is to use a single torch and heat way too low and long near the digger outer to the point it takes too long to register a click. This only happens when trying to vaporize the whole bowl in one cycle running through my water pipe. I haven't had that problem since I started doing my heat soaking technique of first heating closer to the tip for a click.

Use your triple torch, turn the heat as low as it will go without sputtering, heat closer to the END of the cap.
I appreciate what you are saying but I am not new to vaping went through this tread before purchase and watched all of Georges videos. I tried varying flame heights with different types of torch lighter but still get jet black ABV as opposed to the coffee colour I get from my Solo or Air.
George @ Vapcap has been in touch with me and I have a Vapcap M on the way to see if I can get better results. Got to say that Georges customer care and service is second to none.

Alexis

Is it possibly the case that if you put your cap inside the inner blue flame, it will be heated up much higher? I never clarified this fully, but I belive my experience was that I needed to avoid actually immersing the cap in the inner blue flame, and keep just above it.

I have overcooked loads I believe by immersing too much in the inner blue flame. The 2 times I properly combusted, once heated past click, the other reheated before cool down click.

But I have come close by putting the cap too deep in the flame, and I only have experience with the Ti tips, which arevmore forgiving.

So I would not give up on vapcaps maybe. The OG I am confident is far more likely to combust. The M should be a much safer bet. Avoid the inner flame, and avoid heating the bottom of the cap until you are more confident, and only then on the first heat cycle.

And respect the click. I would be confident you could achieve consistent success with a different model, following these principles.

Good luck pal!:tup:

Alexis

Just realized Vaposhop already has the M available!
The Omnivape is a bit expensive to gamble on, but at the M price it is worth risking.
Fingers crossed i like better than the Vapman.
Carlos, if you are a patient man, and like to let the pennies look after the pounds (or cents look after the francs, if I remember correctly from school), it wil still be cheaper to get the M from Dynavap this week, even with $13 shipping.

And you will want a torch. The triple from Dynavap, or even the quad, will surely be great value for money compared to similar items elsewhere.
Maybe you already have one though? And you may want some spare screens,,orings? All cheaper from Dynavap with the sale on.

Just a thought. There should be no customs charges either, just a longer wait, but not too long (like 10 to 14 days usually I think).
Your call buddy. Happy shopping!:)

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
@Squiby your comment "I think that the Vapcap is the future for fast, efficient, portable, convenient and pleasurable vaporization."

Reminded me of my friends at poker would always say "the future" when I brought over a new vape. Only they about flipped their lids when I told them the OmniVong's were made by a company called DYNAvap. :rofl:

Smokey McVape

Is it possibly the case that if you put your cap inside the inner blue flame, it will be heated up much higher? I never clarified this fully, but I belive my experience was that I needed to avoid actually immersing the cap in the inner blue flame, and keep just above it.

I have overcooked loads I believe by immersing too much in the inner blue flame. The 2 times I properly combusted, once heated past click, the other reheated before cool down click.

But I have come close by putting the cap too deep in the flame, and I only have experience with the Ti tips, which arevmore forgiving.

So I would not give up on vapcaps maybe. The OG I am confident is far more likely to combust. The M should be a much safer bet. Avoid the inner flame, and avoid heating the bottom of the cap until you are more confident, and only then on the first heat cycle.

And respect the click. I would be confident you could achieve consistent success with a different model, following these principles.

Good luck pal!:tup:
Thanks Alexis. I will take your advise and try your technique. I am not giving up on the vapcap because I think Gearge has designed a quality vape - I obviously need to refine my technique to get the results that the rest of you enjoy.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I appreciate what you are saying but I am not new to vaping went through this tread before purchase and watched all of Georges videos. I tried varying flame heights with different types of torch lighter but still get jet black ABV as opposed to the coffee colour I get from my Solo or Air.
George @ Vapcap has been in touch with me and I have a Vapcap M on the way to see if I can get better results.
to answer your original question, it is much harder to 'roast' a load in the M.

i think in the beginning i had that problem with the OG and actually had it shelved for about 2 months before i took it out and did the review on it.

i think there is some hard truth (in my case) in @invertedisdead post about heating too far down and trying to push the load, but it was almost like it had weak spots that would make it easier to combust (even though that statement makes no scientific sense).

the M takes much more effort to combust, a friend did once in mine and i was probably more upset than i needed to be...but hey, i love my vapes.

Has anyone used one of these and the Vapman?
How do they compare?

I love the idea of a low tech butane vape, bought the Vapman and was super disappointed by it, too little oven, to much faff to use, doesn't get me high, don't like it at all.

i love my vapman...i know others like @natural farmer lean way more towards the vapcap on all levels.

i appreciate their differences in effect and operation.

the vapcap is easier to load and a no brainer to heat (due to the click)

the vapcap (M in particular) does have a larger bowl (even though i haven't scientifically measured them)

I have had to do multiple bowls in the VC to feel medicated, but there are other times that i take one bowl and get fucked up...tolerance is weird like that, but those sound like nuances no one can answer for you about any given vaporizer, because your biologically different from the rest of us.

of course were experts at selling vapcaps 'round here...so get one.

Top Bottom