Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That's what they should have named it, VAScap, because it will cause a severe case of VAS.

Just in case you guys aren't spending enough money this weekend already, I noticed the Scorch Tactical dual jet torch is back in stock on Amazon. I got a lot of questions about it when I posted a picture with it and my amboyna burl VonG last month, but it was backordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G...141&sr=8-1&keywords=scorch+tactical+ergonomic

6EhZOI7.jpg

5VnPPTF.jpg

p18DDlY.jpg

Alexis

@Vapor_Eyes and @voodoo_vape , I had the same experience with the "fat" mouthpiece not getting a good enough seal into a 14 mm joint reducer. Since I also got the 18 mm VonG, I didnt spend any time trying to remedy it.

However, the wooden VonG is more awkward for twirling, and I do still like to have the airflow quite open, and finger the carb (that didnt sound right, did it? :lol: -you know what I meant!)

Rather than "set it and forget it". I always take one long continuous draw through water, and if it is very restricted, it just wears me out. I can get perfectly good sized hits, and full milkiness, with the Omni moithpiece screwed 80% clockwise. If anything, bigger hits that way, seeing as I can pull air through at a faster rate until the click.

But it can help to cover the carb a little to begin with. But with the short VonG, it is very difficult to find the carb by feel, as well as to get my finger over it securely, as the carb is so close to the intake of the D020-D bubbler.

So I would like the option of using the Omni standard bodies with a water tool. Ratchett's universal water pipe adaptor looks perfect for this. But I may play around with a little medical tape or something around the fat silicone mouthpiece to get a better seal. Shouldnt count as being in the airpath really, or a problem.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
?? So George has a current video on Cleaning Ti Tip. It shows a white ceramic? screen, held in with a C-clip.
Is that then an old design? Do all current models just use a metal screen with NO C-clip?
Thanks
You got it, ceramic screen w/ clip is the old design. All the old Ti tips were equipped with them. I still have the original one that came with my Ti Woody. The ceramic screens were phased out in favor of the CCDs.

I had been using a cheap titanium screen (these ones) from ebay up until recently. When I bought my M, I also got a pack of SS CCDs, and I've been using that since. I do like the CCDs better than the ebay screens. They seem to do a better job of filtering out the fine particles of ground herb.

I'm bummed, this won't work :doh:

edit: Does anybody know why the glass omni bodies were discontinued?

:sherlock:
I hadn't realized the glass omni bodies were discontinued... That kinda sucks, I did like the look of the omni w/ glass body. Perhaps if you messaged one of the fine folks over at DV they might be able to help you out? They might have an old stock glass body lying around or something, couldn't hurt to check.

:peace:

Last edited:

Farid

When I got my omni I gave my gen 3 TI to my father. I switched caps, however, since I liked my old engraving. Today I was using one of the newer caps, and I noticed it goes on looser, and is slightly tapered, allowing more airflow. It's a tiny change, but it improves the flavor and airflow enough to make a noticeable difference.

George was nice enough to include an extra cap with my order as well, so now I have the newer caps on both vapcaps.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
You got it, ceramic screen w/ clip is the old design. All the old Ti tips were equipped with them. I still have the original one that came with my Ti Woody. The ceramic screens were phased out in favor of the CCDs.

I had been using a cheap titanium screen (these ones) from ebay up until recently. When I bought my M, I also got a pack of SS CCDs, and I've been using that since. I do like the CCDs better than the ebay screens. They seem to do a better job of filtering out the fine particles of ground herb.

I used the same screens to replace the ceramic until the CCDs became available. They definitely do a better job then the ceramic screens, more airflow and thus better performance. They do not work as well as the CCDs, which seem to have even better airflow and filtering too!

I still think the original CCD design offered the best filtering, it seems like the new design for the Ti CCDs doesn't filter quite as well as the original/current SS CCD pattern. I think they do have better airflow, so it's a personal preference.

All differences are minimal in the grand scheme of things. I haven't had a VapCap that disappointed me yet. All of mine offer great performance and value!

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I still think the original CCD design offered the best filtering, it seems like the new design for the Ti CCDs doesn't filter quite as well as the original/current SS CCD pattern. I think they do have better airflow, so it's a personal preference.
I thought that might be the case when I first looked at the pictures of the two to compare them. I ended up getting the SS ones just to save a couple bucks, and I've been perfectly happy with them, in both the M and my Ti tip.

All differences are minimal in the grand scheme of things. I haven't had a VapCap that disappointed me yet. All of mine offer great performance and value!
Exactly! :sherlock:

So earlier today I went for a little walk with my M. Got several good pictures of it "in the field" so to speak. Figured I'd share them with you all:

This is on a bridge for an old railroad track that hasn't been used in forever. I like to walk along it :D
rfRnLiX.jpg

On the edge of of an old mine pit:
yAZsYIh.jpg

In this one you can kind of see how the edge of the pit has slowly eroded all the way back to the railroad tracks:
QpZZxTf.jpg

Slightly farther back from the pit. I'm sure all the rocks that compose this hillside originally came out of it:
Ns3NkDI.jpg

I like these next two. The focus changes the whole shot, and the contrast between the two is cool, I think. (Or maybe I've been using my vapcap too much? :hmm: :spliff: ) The one with the M out of focus was actually a mistake but I really liked the shot anyway so I kept it, haha.

RlmacHe.jpg

8vrHTVJ.jpg

That's all for now, folks! Happy VapCapping! :cheers:

Last edited:

FreddieFresh

Ti Woody S or Omni? Ti Woody S or Omni? :hmm:

Man why is this decision so hard? I figure I'm bound to have them all eventually, but for some reason picking one at a time is such a challenge :shrug:

You know, I kept telling myself I was going to try and avoid this sell like the plague, but I ended up caving. I think I'm more addicted to buying Vapcaps than actually using them. And you people aren't helping :doh:

So impressed with DV support right now. @Arielle.Dynavap is an angel . I have pestered her with many questions and she has went way above and beyond at what most would consider an ungodly hour, .... on a weekend..... day before Easter no less.

:bowdown:

I was going to say the same. George must be an absolute slave driver haha :whip:

He's got poor Arielle responding to emails at 2 o'clock in the morning on EASTER SUNDAY :whoa:

Name one other company in any line of industry that does that! No doubt we all run them through the wringer, but they continue to stay up night after night burning the midnight oil in order to keep us satisfied. I'm highly impressed and appreciative of all they do :clap:

grokit

well-worn member
I did like the look of the omni w/ glass body. Perhaps if you messaged one of the fine folks over at DV they might be able to help you out?
So impressed with DV support right now. @Arielle.Dynavap is an angel.
Arielle responding to emails at 2 o'clock in the morning on EASTER SUNDAY :whoa:
Hear hear, I agree they're absolutely awesome!
While it wasn't my intention, I've been a pain this time around.
Arielle has shown great patience.

:tup:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Thanks guys! I'm going to play with that to see if I can leave the "carb" or "air hole" open just enough to allow a little bit of air. I really like the vapor I get with the carb covered but I almost pop an artery every time I do it :lol:

I've been using my M for a week now, first vapcap and first time with a propane vape and must say that I'm loving it! I'm getting much better at heating it using my 3 flame torch and today i got a huge milky hit that for a second thought I had combusted.....but no, no combustion and actually tastier than you would think.

I can't believe how efficient the vapcap is, I micro dose, just a pinch works for me. Like some have suggested, I put a Lil nugget in there and works great! It takes me just a few short minutes to get me to where I want to be.

There are two things that I'm not crazy about but both have remedies. First is the draw restriction with the carb closed....I will play with the o rings to allow just a bit more air but mostly close.

Second is my torch, from Dynavap sounds like a jet late at night when the house is quiet. I need to get something quieter.

This vape has put my other vape purchase plans on hold. If anything now i want more Dynavap stuff! :rockon:

I can't agree more with you man.. I'm on same page like you are, with just three days as an M owner and I'm already planning ahead my next order from them :mental:
Reg the "jet noise", which I cannot picture since I've never owned a a triple flame one, :lol: either get a single flame one which will be much less noisy or head for the DIY projects for the inductive solutions that there are available..
Other than that, the efficiency is something that just a whole new meaning with this little monster.....

@Alexis Personally, I've found that having the carb hole permanently closed will give me better results.. Speaking of the VonG, I think that due to its geometry, vapour comes out like as if this was a straw and this makes twirling even more pleasing to watch..

Alexis

I can't agree more with you man.. I'm on same page like you are, with just three days as an M owner and I'm already planning ahead my next order from them :mental:
Reg the "jet noise", which I cannot picture since I've never owned a a triple flame one, :lol: either get a single flame one which will be much less noisy or head for the DIY projects for the inductive solutions that there are available..
Other than that, the efficiency is something that just a whole new meaning with this little monster.....

@Alexis Personally, I've found that having the carb hole permanently closed will give me better results.. Speaking of the VonG, I think that due to its geometry, vapour comes out like as if this was a straw and this makes twirling even more pleasing to watch..
I see you have the NonaVong body though. I have the original blackwood VonG. For me it has a slight design flaw- the carb is in the "ditch", or recess, and is very tricky for me to actually cover with my finger tip, with a wooden groove next to it, especially when it is inserted into the water tool and so close to the glass, so that there isnt even enough room to fit my whole finger tip over the carb hole.

It is also very tricky to locate by feel, due to being in the recess, and often takes more than a few seconds when I start my hit.

I have tried marking it with a small piece of medical tape, but it is still tricky to "feel" it to cover it properly. The NonaVong looks a better design, with a flat, level surface where the carb is, so it is easier to feel.

I hear what you are saying about having the airflow reduced. I started out mainly this way, but more recently I was getting better hits with the airflow 80% open, with cooler better tasting vapor. And still full milk and fast extraction.

I prefer less draw restriction with any vape uf possible, but that is just me, and not disagreeing with you at all. So many tailored approaches on offer that is for certain!

MrMonss

I do not have the dynastash but at least I can watch the vapcaps doin' tricks when I do not use them.
My son is still wondering what it is, but he finds it very pretty.

img-20170416-112815_imagesia-com_1dr8d.jpg

I understand you all in your hesitations.
My problem is that I tend to buy accessories/replacement parts.
It will do 3 times that I buy the glass parts of OG Glass.. instead of a new one.
In the end each time I told myself that I should have ordered a new one, in full. And every time I make the same mistake: I order parts. But now I miss a heading cap.
Strange World.
I think I like receiving packages, with the risk of loss / theft or breakage.
I do the same on DHgate. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Lykosa

Been using an OG vapcap for a month after hearing the positive comments on this thread and I am sorry to say that I don't like it at all. I've tried different techniques and different torch lighters (single, double and triple flame) but this thing COMBUSTS way too easily, taste is only average and needs cleaning daily.
Can anyone with more experience of this vape tell me if there is any difference with the newer titanium vapcap in terms of combustion/flavour or should I just forget it if I don't like the OG?

Sounds like you're doing something wrong mate. I combusted a handful of times when I first got my OG and was learning the ropes, my first Ti (second generation tip) also got combusted in a few times (every occasion was down to reheating before the cooldown click)

I've had 4th Gen Ti tipped models since the start of the year and so far, have never combusted. I think some of it is a learning curve, but both the Ti and stainless models do seem more forgiving.

As for cleaning, unless you combust there's not a lot of need. Reclaim will build up in the condenser, I usually just scrape it out with a small dabber, but You can get it spotless by warming it up and pushing a Q tip though the condenser. I iso wash my Ti tips maybe once every month or two.

Torch wise I recommend a double flame. Get the flame set as low as it will reliability fire. Position the flames in line with the cap so you're heating the load evenly, cap sitting at the top of the outer flames (you don't need to burn the living shit out of it). Heating towards the end of the cap will give you a faster click and a lower temp, heating at the base will give you a slower click and a higher temp. I like double flames as they cover the whole load while still allowing you accurate control over the temperature, I find you lose this accuracy with quads and tri flames.

Some people rock their vapcaps back and forth, I prefer to constantly rotate 360 degrees. In my mind, this should allow for a more even heating of the load with less chance of overheating one side.

Top Bottom