SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Is this a joke? I certainly wouldn't waste good whisky to clean my Vapcap. That's what the iso is for.
I sir, most certainly wasn't joking. If you can recall you were talking about cleaning wood w/o condensers. If your advice is iso, I would certainly hope you're using an evenly diluted batch. I would much rather use the oh so few drops of that precious whiskey way before any iso on my exotic wood. Don't knock it til you try and I've tried it my friend.

:2c:
:peace:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I sir, most certainly wasn't joking. If you can recall you were talking about cleaning wood w/o condensers. If your advice is iso, I would certainly hope you're using an evenly diluted batch. I would much rather use the oh so few drops of that precious whiskey way before any iso on my exotic wood. Don't knock it til you try and I've tried it my friend.

I don't see the difference between an alcohol solution and whiskey besides that the whiskey has flavourings, sugars, colouring and other things that will go into the wood. I'd rather keep those things out of my wood and replace the lost wood resins with a coating of wax.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I don't see the difference between an alcohol solution and whiskey besides that the whiskey has flavourings, sugars, colouring and other things that will go into the wood. I'd rather keep those things out of my wood and replace the lost wood resins with a coating of wax.
The percentage of alcohol is the key. We are in agreement that we both want our wood to last as long as possible. I definitely enjoy my whiskey cleaning routine over an iso clean for wood.

:cheers:

Lykosa

Thanks Lykosa. I read this thread thorougly before my purchase and have never heated after the click on heat up and have always waited for the cool down click as I think the Vapcap will be perfect for in the field vaping. I think I will stick to a single jet torch to keep temps managable and keep practicing.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, I just can't quite get my head around what's going wrong. It's either got to be down to technique or maybe a faulty cap.

Whereabouts on the cap are you heating with your single torch? Heating right at the base of the cap with the flame forming a right angle with the cap can lead to combustion with a single torch. If I use a single flame, I tend to hold the cap at about a 45 degree angle and aim at the lower/mid section. This way the outer flame kisses along the length of the cap towards the top. Hope that made sense.

I'd say multi flames are arguably easier to get good results with. Dual is my favorite as I can slowly roast a bowl over several cycles, or fully extract in one hit, depending on where I heat.
Triangle pattern and quad flames are particularly good for outdoors use and are actually pretty forgiving providing you stop at the click. Using a dual flame I can potentially one hit a bowl (stopping at the click), to do the same with a quad or tri I'd definitely have to heat past the click.

Edit: unless I wasn't clear, I don't recommend having the hotter, inner part of the flame touching the cap. Also I tend to heat with the lighter in an upright position, working on the logic that heat rises so the 'heat zone' is directly above the lighter. It might sound obvious, but I've had friends experiencing inconsistent heating due to using the torch sideways and more or less missing the cap entirely, half the time.

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
When I clean my Woody stem (which I don't need to do nearly as much as I need to clean the tip and condenser) I usually use a drop of iso diluted with water on the end of a q-tip. I make sure it's not too wet, don't want that alcohol/water to soak into the wood at all! I swab around the inside a few times, and then finish up with a little bit of wood butter (Ed's bomb ass butter) swabbed on the inside to replenish any oils that may have leeched out. A very small amount is all that's needed here -- we're not looking for a nice shiny polish like the outside, just enough to keep the inside of the sleeve from drying out too much.

Squiby

Interesting, I haven't really felt the need to clean my Woody yet. I must not be using it enough. Or its lack of transparency is fooling me.
I clean my Vapcap tip, condenser and screen every month or so. When I dismantle it, I always find a nice clean condenser, just lightly coated in resin. No tiny particulates. Once I found a glob of resin inside the condenser at the tip. Mostly, I just need to change out the degummed hemp fiber filter. I swab everything with a Q- Tip and rinse. Then replace the CCD screen/ filter sandwich. The filter keeps the Vapcap incredibly clean for a long long time. I use my Vapcap every few hours throughout my waking hours.

Anyone know if the M tip is interchangeable with the wood/omni bodies...I assume so.

:rockon:
Yep. Any body/mp combination or a lone stem with the existing standard condenser that comes with the M.

OR

Any stem/mp combination if you get and XL condenser.

Alexis

Everybody, I have had an awsome brainwave! But I would lile to run it by the community to make sure that I am thinking straight please folks!

I am placing an order this week. I am getting myself an M, and for at least one friend currently.
I was also planning to get my mum an M as well. I got her an OG last year, but she has not gotten into using it. Last week she did, and combusted with the triple torch, heating only to the click.
However, I have an Omnivap, with the glass and Ti bodies, plus a 2nd and 3rd gen Ti tip.
I am also picking up a 4th gen Ti tip this week.

So I figured, instead of getting her the M, for just $15 more, at $55, I might as well grab an Omnivap condenser and moutpiece, and make my mum her very own Omnivap, with one of ,y Ti tips, and the spare glass body!

I know the M is super great, but surely this makes perfect sense, to give her an Omnivap for only $15 extra?

What do you all think? If you could chokse between the M and the Omnivap which would it be?
I am a great OCD worrier, and always deliberate decisions with uncertainty.

I think my thinking is spot on, but any assurances or viewpoints are very welcome and appreciated. Thanks all!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I clean my Vapcap tip, condenser and screen every month or so. When I dismantle it, I always find a nice clean condenser, just lightly coated in resin. No tiny particulates. Once I found a glob of resin inside the condenser at the tip. Mostly, I just need to change out the degummed hemp fiber filter.
You have been teasing me with this fiber filter thing for a while. I have no serious lung issues so I don't NEED to have that filter as I rarely notice any particulates coming through. I DO grind, usually, but I grind medium rather than fine. That being said, I have screens on order so I can try it out. I HAVE noticed that the bowl size in my gen 3 Ti tip is larger than I need it to be (.09 g load) so I may accomplish 2 tasks by adding the filter.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Everybody, I have had an awsome brainwave! But I would lile to run it by the community to make sure that I am thinking straight please folks!

I am placing an order this week. I am getting myself an M, and for at least one friend currently.
I was also planning to get my mum an M as well. I got her an OG last year, but she has not gotten into using it. Last week she did, and combusted with the triple torch, heating only to the click.
However, I have an Omnivap, with the glass and Ti bodies, plus a 2nd and 3rd gen Ti tip.

So I figured, instead of getting her the M, for just $15 more, at $55, I might as well grab an Omnivap condenser and moutpiece, and make my mum her very own Omnivap, with one of ,y Ti tips, and the spare glass body!

I know the M is super great, but surely this makes perfect sense, to give her an Omnivap for only $15 extra?

What do you all think? If you could chokse between the M and the Omnivap which would it be?

I think my thinking is spot on, but any assurances or viewpoints are very welcome and appreciated. Thanks all!
If you can get her an Omni for 15$ More and free shipping I'd jump on that! The omni makes it a very easy device to use, set it and forget.

Last edited:

Squiby

The M is very cost effective, efficient and durable... Does it replace my Omnivap? NEVER. Not a chance. Not in this lifetime.

If you have a spare ti tip, cap and glass body, all you need to build an Omnivap would be the Omni condenser/mp.

I say, go for it!:clap:

renato

The M is very cost effective, efficient and durable... Does it replace my Omnivap? NEVER. Not a chance. Not in this lifetime.

If you have a spare ti tip, cap and glass body, all you need to build an Omnivap would be the Omni condenser/mp.

I say, go for it!:clap:

I have a Ti Carbon S and I was considering buying an Omni Condenser. I'm pretty happy with the model I own and I really can't see how the Omni Will improve my experience, so I gave up that Idea hehehe. Even if it does improve the experience I think it would be an unnecessary expense.

Edit: I just don't think the adjustable airflow worth the additional 65 (or 55 now) dollars.

That said, I've an M on the way as backup so I can compare them.

Last edited:

MrMonss

I never should have read this with a few beers in my blood.

@Carlos8400
I can already see them both, posed on the amp, with o rings of course :rockon:

img-20170416-235654_imagesia-com_1drhr.jpg

Alexis

Thanks very much pepes for the "sanity certificate" regarding the Omnivap DIY job for my mum! Mind fully at ease and made up! This is such an awsome bonus, a), for George having included the glass body with the original Omnivap deal, and b), for me having picked up the successive tip releases, now very useful!

And anothet form of the "vapcap boomerang effect", with good deeds coming back with mighty rewards, and a huge payoff for every little investment I have personally made in Dynavap, which I already felt so positive about from the start with zero regret, even if I never again needed the spare glass Omni body of older Ti tips!:clap:

Formersmoker85

The dude abides
When I clean my Woody stem (which I don't need to do nearly as much as I need to clean the tip and condenser) I usually use a drop of iso diluted with water on the end of a q-tip. I make sure it's not too wet, don't want that alcohol/water to soak into the wood at all! I swab around the inside a few times, and then finish up with a little bit of wood butter (Ed's bomb ass butter) swabbed on the inside to replenish any oils that may have leeched out. A very small amount is all that's needed here -- we're not looking for a nice shiny polish like the outside, just enough to keep the inside of the sleeve from drying out too much.

Nice and clean method :tup: think i'm going for that one. I also never soak my ti Omni, i just take everything apart and clean it with a cotton swab, pipe cleaner and pure alcohol (ethanol).

Alexis

When looking at the description for the omnivap titanium, it starts out:

"All OmniVaps comes with titanium body."

Does this mean if we buy a carbon-fiber or wood omni we get the titanium body as well?

The other omnivaps don't seem to mention this in their description.

:hmm:
Good poiny and observation, but I would say "no", you will only get one body per Omnivap purchase, unless you pay for an additional body separately.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Then I wonder what they meant by that :hmm:
It's probably old text from when the Omni only came with a titanium body.

I got my Omni from Puffitup 9 months ago and it did not come with a glass body like the ones direct from DynaVap used to. With them phasing out the glass Omni bodies and introducing the M I think the OG might soon become a collectors item.

We all know how great Dynavap's customer service is, I'm sure they've spent a pretty penny replacing glass parts. In the long term it would make sense to phase them out. Also, it is much harder to reach tight tolerances with glass than it is with metal or even wood.

Alexis

Then I wonder what they meant by that :hmm:
I am sure it is just an oversight. Maybe that was writtem when the original Ommivap was offered with the extra glass body, and just hasn't been updated?

You could always try and sell Dynavap a sob story, saying how you pawned all your lego toys and cut your neighbours grass for a month, so that you could save up enough to get your dream vaporizer, the Omivap with body of your choice PLUS the titanium body that comes with ALL Omnivaps!

bounce5

I would get the M with the Titanium Tip. I like both with carb closed completely, so they are both essentially the same in the end, the only difference is that the all titanium one is lighter and the tip is about a second faster and has a bit better airflow. So really the M with the Ti Tip is exactly as good as an Omnivap if you like the carb closed completely...which I think many people would like as well.

Top Bottom