CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Ice fishing is a lot harder with torches...... let me know if anything works!
That is extreme conditions.:nod:
I'd be lighting up an ISO camp stove at that point. No joke and have some coffee water going.:lol: You might find that funny :spliff:.... and practical after all. :ko:
Vrrw6PHt.jpg

To address the windproof/freezeproof usage, our pal @stark1 uses a ceramic donut in a Tesla mod for heating his VC......at least that is what it appears that he is using......
Electronics? Well trying to meet two requirements. Off the grid and weather extremes. However the ceramic donut would be good as a general butane-less portable option. For out and about.

Do want to continue my quest for both best butane and a small mode heater. Because there is a niche for both. :science:

Wood, steel, must keep herb fluffy, stuff like that.

I’ll see what I can come up with.
Well this isn't for me at all. I carry filled tips.

But for say a medical patient who required medical sized portions. That would be my ideal loading system. :hmm:

If you could have more control as to the amount that drops? or if it tamped things equally after loading.

Reminded me of the Laredo filler machines, even their design is different.
Roll Your Own Magazine, RYO, The Magazine of Roll Your Own Cigarettes, Tobacco and Product Reviews, Smoking Issues, January/March Issue 2001, Make Your Own Cigarettes
laredopic.gif

Thanks for taking an interest. I can drop off other ideas if it helps the cause.

GtrBob

It’s not really bad, it’s that theres not a great way for the anodizing process to get a nice complete coat on the inside of the tubes.

Basically, they put a bunch of them on a cradle like device, and then Dunk them into different liquid baths really quickly. Because they are long skinny tubes that are upside down, you end up with some air that gets trapped... which obviously, makes the inner coat anodized in some spots. And not anodized in others.

Even w/ no gas bubble some spots can be 'shadowed' from the cathode.

I used to have an ano. shop in San Diego. I'd usually anodize aluminum items for about a half hour [depends on voltage, etc.]

You can picture it; the oxide layer just doesn't build up as well on a more hidden area [like inside a tube].

Smokey McVape

woohow,
is it just me or does the vapcap hit like a truck?
I really see a fuller range of cannabinoids beeing extracted by this little beast.
I looked at the AVB through a mini microskope. All trichomes were sucked out.

One thing though, It gives my a real hangover the next morning although I vape less compared to hopper, mighty or solo.
still, a brainfoggy state 2-3h after waking up that I have to combat with 3-4 coffees
I found the same thing when I switched from the AA to the M. Although the bowl on the vapcap is smaller it extracts EVERYTHING from the herb where the Arizer does not. To prove it finish a Solo bowl, tip out the AVB and put it into your vapcap. The vapcap will still extract goodies when the Solo/Air has finished.

Boden

Aspie polymath
That is extreme conditions.:nod:
I'd be lighting up an ISO camp stove at that point. No joke and have some coffee water going.:lol: You might find that funny :spliff:.... and practical after all. :ko:
Vrrw6PHt.jpg

Electronics? Well trying to meet two requirements. Off the grid and weather extremes. However the ceramic donut would be good as a general butane-less portable option. For out and about.

Do want to continue my quest for both best butane and a small mode heater. Because there is a niche for both. :science:

Well this isn't for me at all. I carry filled tips.

But for say a medical patient who required medical sized portions. That would be my ideal loading system. :hmm:

If you could have more control as to the amount that drops? or if it tamped things equally after loading.

Reminded me of the Laredo filler machines, even their design is different.
Roll Your Own Magazine, RYO, The Magazine of Roll Your Own Cigarettes, Tobacco and Product Reviews, Smoking Issues, January/March Issue 2001, Make Your Own Cigarettes
laredopic.gif

Thanks for taking an interest. I can drop off other ideas if it helps the cause.
A mechanical rig will take a bit more planning. :hmm:

I’m working on a prototype for something simple that should work pretty well.

Pics to come :D

Having a machine shop is fun

Last edited:

NicholasPetris

what do you do with your SS Tip from the M if you have an Ti Tip aswell ?

luxuary problem, I know.

Do you still use the SS?
I know it heats up slower but holds the heat a little longer.
What do you use it for?
are there circumstances where the SS is superior to the Ti Tip ?
I feel it has quite a closed, slowed airflow compared to the ti tip.

Ultimately, while still totally usable and effective, I think that the SS tip is inferior to the Gen 3-5 Ti tip, due to the latter's faster heatup and cooldown as well as the increased airflow, as you mentioned.

The Gen 2 Ti tip is very similar to the M tip in the chamber thickness and shape, while having 7 fins. I find it way harsher, even through water, than the thinner more recent Ti tips. The VapCap is a great device regardless, but the most recent Ti tips are IMO a fairly drastic upgrade in several ways (speed, safety...).

In a way, the hotter conditions of the SS tip better justify the use of a magnet, since the Gen 3-5 tips are generally cool enough to touch very soon after the cooldown click (whereas the SS could leave you a with significant burn). It seems to me that the Dynastash was significantly more practical/necessary pre-Gen 3.

Keep your SS tip as backup, experiment with it, but I don't think you'll find a way in which it is better than Gen 3-5 Ti tips. I do actually really like the smooth chamber (no adjust-a-bowl grooves) but there's not much of a concrete functional advantage.

hinglemccringleberry

what do you do with your SS Tip from the M if you have an Ti Tip aswell ?

luxuary problem, I know.

Do you still use the SS?
I know it heats up slower but holds the heat a little longer.
What do you use it for?
are there circumstances where the SS is superior to the Ti Tip ?
I feel it has quite a closed, slowed airflow compared to the ti tip.
The SS tip has an advantage in cold weather, it will run circles around the Ti tip in 30F ambient temps. It will retain heat for a longer period of time which is the only thing that will give you a shot at a big hit in those conditions if youre using a torch. That being said, I think cold westher is the only circumstance in which the SS tip is better than the Ti tip

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I rarely have used a VC outside in the cold. I do use it fairly often in the car after it has been sitting in the cold glove compartment, so out of the wind. Having used both the M and the Omni this way I have found the titanium tip/body to be better/faster getting hot enough for the first hit and absorbing less cold in between uses in the cold car.

In summer I expect there to be less difference, but I haven't had the Omni in summer yet.

Since I started using a wooden stand for my Vapcaps I've noticed that I don't really have a use for a magnet besides holding the cap while loading. The cap never seems to be hot enough that I have to use a magnet to check the load. When I'm using herb the magnet doesn't make much sense either since part of the load will fall into the cap on the magnet or fall out onto my desk.
The first part of this is interesting because it is different than my experience. Right after the cooling click the tip is too hot for me to handle, and I want to use a magnet. Maybe I'm a woos... ;)
The second part is why I like a magnet I can hold, like in the DS or on an Altoids tin, for this exact reason. I want to pull the cap with the tip pointing UP so that I don't lose any goods. I notice @paehtod in his videos uses a magnet on a small holder, which I like, or my Altoids tin makes a good choice too. For @Winegums if you wanted to use one on your wood piece you could put it on the side, but you would have to find a way for it not to detract from the symmetry of your piece.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hold on a sec here.... I can put my Ti tip on my M?
Yessir, maybe the only thing on the M that's compatible with the rest of the range. But then you have crazy people who take their M and turn it into an XLS! Pictures of this heresy just a few pages back, I shouldn't say "heresy" as the Grand Poobah himself explained how to do this on a video. It's all just good ol' legos for stoners; if you can build it, you can toke it!

Happy New Years, my fine, fellow fuckers! (of combustion) :razz:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Okay this has bugged me since I started lurking on FC, and today with Ricardo's Woke and Boke it's come up. So I'm asking: Why do fools who combust deserve to keep "bake"? I didn't sign anything saying I'm not going to get baked? And what is "VAKE"? Yeah, I get it vape/bake = vake but still. Not really.

Wherever I am in the world, I'll be baked. YMMV, of course. ;)

HAPPY NEW YEARS in 25 minutes, y'all! Greenwich Mean Time!! Partying so wild with my family tonight!!!

Going to be a great 2018 around here, I can feel it! Y'all have been a big part of 2017 for me.

Top Bottom