coolbreeze

Do you know what that type of bong is called? I really love that design!
I've seen them called like, 'vintage ceramic ashtray bong.' They're sort of modeled on the old classic Toke International ceramic pipes. Here's a couple different models, along with others:

Edit: if you do find one, you can possibly replace the downstem with a ground glass one; mine came from OGB. Otherwise, you can get a Vapo-Bowl and screw that right on and go to town:
vapo-bowl-metaal.jpg

You can also get the top and a glass bowl for more contemporary setups.

A dynavap with a fat MP might work directly with a metal downstem, I bet.

Last edited:

RedZep

Found some o-rings. I replaced the lower one and the fit is snug.
IMG-9046.jpg
IMG-9048.jpg

Tried it and it actually cools pretty darn well. The first several hits are really nice and as it warms it stays pretty tolerable. The vapor path is short and as you roast through the bowl it gets a little harsher/warmer. I think I'd have to use it more before I recommended it but I can definitely see doing the flavor hits direct and then dropping it into glass to finish up.
Nice. I want to get one for Tempest head at half bowl setting. Will be great to be able to see when the bowl is done by the vapour density. I think it should be enough cooling to finish the bowl in a single DTL draw.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I've seen them called like, 'vintage ceramic ashtray bong.' They're sort of modeled on the old classic Toke International ceramic pipes.

Edit: if you do find one, you can possibly replace the downstem with a ground glass one; mine came from OGB. Otherwise, you can get a Vapo-Bowl and screw that right on and go to town:
here's my ol' late 70s music note ceramic bong ... its taken a few dings on the music note cover but may be worth restoring with a new bowl and downstem for old times sake

20240730-193319.jpg

Kebo1923

Anyone have DV specific torch recommendations? I never thought I would spend close to IH money on a torch but I picked up Colibri Evo and it has become a go to. The large fuel wheel makes it easy to adapt to different spaces (indoor/out) and fuel tank fills. The ignitor always works and I am impressed by how ergonomic the angled flame is for a DV. https://colibri.com/products/evo

Dustin McKief

Anyone have DV specific torch recommendations? I never thought I would spend close to IH money on a torch but I picked up Colibri Evo and it has become a go to. The large fuel wheel makes it easy to adapt to different spaces (indoor/out) and fuel tank fills. The ignitor always works and I am impressed by how ergonomic the angled flame is for a DV. https://colibri.com/products/evo
That looks like it would have a premium feel. Mostly use an IH these days, but when I break out the armored cap for a mini session, I prefer a torch where I don't have to hold down anything to keep it running. This one has served me well. When you open the lid, gas begins flowing until you close the lid. Very easy to operate with my non-dominant hand. My only criticism is I wish it had a wider base to set it down quickly after the clicks. Since I don't need portability, maybe I could MacGyver something as a base.

coolbreeze

That looks like it would have a premium feel. Mostly use an IH these days, but when I break out the armored cap for a mini session, I prefer a torch where I don't have to hold down anything to keep it running. This one has served me well. When you open the lid, gas begins flowing until you close the lid. Very easy to operate with my non-dominant hand. My only criticism is I wish it had a wider base to set it down quickly after the clicks. Since I don't need portability, maybe I could MacGyver something as a base.
Never seen these, but I gotta try them. Thanks for posting.

Kebo1923

Big fan of a flint starter on a torch. Reliable and easy to replace. Like the adjustment dial on that one too. Definitly going to pick some up

coolbreeze

hyper parts drop today (my bad, next week.), anybody gonna buy a bowl? Imma wait for the helivong,
prototype-vapes-v0-3q9tsy4sc6gd1.jpg
They're listed but not open for sale until the 8th. $70 for the tip, $60 for the cap, $120 for the combo ($130 normally). The stem will be $70, the condenser is $50.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Petetbay
I hear you about not having to hold down the button, however in the long run the flint dust blocks the nozzle, and the lid of the lighter can open in the pocket wasting all the gas, they're my experiences anyway.
These proefs have served me longest and best - 4 yrs+, the dust covers are great and the 45deg angle is handy.
storm-lighter-prof-tankboy.jpg
i1341_01.jpg

This bigger one has a lock to keep the flame on:
prof-easytorch-transparant-color.jpg

Tried some metal 'high end' lighters - they're heavy, generally have smaller gas capacity than plastic body ones and have the exact same technology as the cheapest.

From a flower vaping point of view - how is everyone getting on with their new HyperDyn tips and caps a month or so on? They releasing a hyper size Helix tip next @budski ? No grooves on the bowl sides of that tip - is it unfinished? How are people finding the helix tip compared to the older titanium tip? Those 3 holes on the side make much difference? Get bits of flowers falling out? I hear the perf cap with the helix tip is a game changer too - heating more difficult though? Anyone using armoured caps on a helix? Hows that working out? Cheers all for all the sharing

bonghopper,
Reactions: Kebo1923

Dustin McKief

Never seen these, but I gotta try them. Thanks for posting.
Of course as soon as I posted that, it began to light unreliably. :doh: Perhaps @bonghopper is right about flint dust as none of my piezo torches have failed like this. I may try cleaning the jet area (unless that's a bad idea?). Back to my trusty Guevara 'Windproof Single Jet'.

In other exciting news, I ordered a Glass Charlie XL stem with carb. I don't have any condenserless stems, so I was curious. Anyone who has one have any pro tips for usage, cleaning, etc.?

Dustin McKief,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Of course as soon as I posted that, it began to light unreliably. :doh: Perhaps @bonghopper is right about flint dust as none of my piezo torches have failed like this. I may try cleaning the jet area (unless that's a bad idea?). Back to my trusty Guevara 'Windproof Single Jet'.

In other exciting news, I ordered a Glass Charlie XL stem with carb. I don't have any condenserless stems, so I was curious. Anyone who has one have any pro tips for usage, cleaning, etc.?
Nice, you are gonna love it. They cool really well and have a little less restriction and the flavor's pure, at least initially. I like them better than the popular cooling stems because they preserve flavor so much better. If it doesn't have an anti-roll dot on it, watch out for that or stand it on a magnet. Pop it into a baggie with iso, rinse it out with a waterpik. If it's gonna break, it will be from falling or possibly from forcing assembly (place the tip onto the stem with a bit of care, same with removal).

Sorry, I didn't mean to manifest that! I even got spare flints for it to be sure at the time.. Found the Hula 2's more durable than the glass charlies, with more consistency in squared cuts at the joint end. I recently put one on for a go and really enjoy it, suits mouth to lung or toking like a joint style vaping, looking forward to this with the hyperdyn, getting a tip delivered this week, oh the excitement!

I put paper tape on the glass stems to strengthen them a tiny bit and keep them together if they break. Holding under the hot water tap, with a test tube holder is my preferred way to clean

Dustin McKief

Sorry, I didn't mean to manifest that!
It's OK as long as I can blame you! ;^)

I gather that the earlier GC stems were thinner, because the ones I see now say 'V2' with 2mm thickness. Hoping that your experience was with V1...thank you both for the cleaning tips. Hope you dig your HyperDyn!

Dustin McKief,
It's OK as long as I can blame you! ;^)

I gather that the earlier GC stems were thinner, because the ones I see now say 'V2' with 2mm thickness. Hoping that your experience was with V1...thank you both for the cleaning tips. Hope you dig your HyperDyn!
Cool, good to know they're now thicker, it was the thin one I was using, can give them a go again when I need. Tracking says Friday... Vas, you know the feeling.
Hope you all enjoy your Dynavapping today!
Some tasty bowls in the salad patch before dinner.. getting better in the wind outdoors with the single torch. The Hula stem is back on, options are good... I'm thinking of making a real long bamboo stem next, I know I'd just break those long glass stems.

Thats a lot of Helix tips @budski! An unconventional practical mod you got there, they fit snug?

Anyone try drilling holes in the sides of a tip to see if it works as good as a helix?

coolbreeze

Is that the new WS ? And what is the midsection on the top right ? I like the purple lines :)
That is the new WS (it's fantastic) and I forget what they called that, but it's a one-off named after the guy who does the lightning art who made the stems. It's blackwood with a UV resin fill, and an awesome SS helix tip and it's own adjustable condenser,

budski

cantre member
Thats a lot of Helix tips @budski! An unconventional practical mod you got there, they fit snug?

Anyone try drilling holes in the sides of a tip to see if it works as good as a helix?
no and yes
helix needs fat orings to stay put, the azur tip holds helix better than the rosi, tolerance?
I've drilled a B and m7, gave both more air which makes faster cooling,drilled M7 works well with a wand cup as glass induction cap, I found the M7 too restrictive before the bowl vents happened.
53891374668_ee66410cdb_b.jpg

works well with a jacketed perf cap adjustable for airflow
53878464447_6a60c6f844_b.jpg

Drilled B for one hit bongers is great!

Last edited:

vinsvapes

I'm using a Koil Boi induction heater. It works well with *any* tip using my older caps. It does not produce vapor with the new captive caps until the 3rd heat up cycle regardless of the tip.

Seems kind of impossible that I got 4 bad captive caps in a row and no one else here has had issues with their captive caps.
I just received a new captive cap and I also use a Koil Boy IH and noticed the same thing. I thought it was me until I saw your post. I have been heating it up, letting it click, then waiting until the light turns to darker blue on the Koil Boi. It doesn't produce decent vapor until the second heat cycle. Thanks for confirming these caps are definitely different!

vinsvapes,
Reactions: Gnome34

Dustin McKief

I just received a new captive cap and I also use a Koil Boy IH and noticed the same thing. I thought it was me until I saw your post. I have been heating it up, letting it click, then waiting until the light turns to darker blue on the Koil Boi. It doesn't produce decent vapor until the second heat cycle. Thanks for confirming these caps are definitely different!
If you are able to adjust the depth on your IH, make it so the cap is deeper inside.

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: vinsvapes
Top Bottom