RedZep

The more I look at the hyperdyn the more I'm annoyed at the 8mm format. Seeing the huge wide bowl taper down into a restrictive bottleneck, just so it can fit stems thay won't be able to cool it anyway.

Couldn't they make an adaptor for the people who would freak out at their stem collection not fitting? We could have had vastly superior performance.

RedZep,
Reactions: budski
I'm thinking this is the dynavap that's good for sharing - bowl big enough and hot long enough? 1/2 bowls in the hyperdyn are where I think it'll shine.

The more I look at the hyperdyn the more I'm annoyed at the 8mm format. Seeing the huge wide bowl taper down into a restrictive bottleneck, just so it can fit stems thay won't be able to cool it anyway.

Couldn't they make an adaptor for the people who would freak out at their stem collection not fitting? We could have had vastly superior performance.
Can you elaborate on your ideal setup? I'm happy with the 2020 M, with 2020 Ti tip and low temp cap and dynastash, with small, single flame torch, very tidy setup, barely ever overheats. I'm intrigued by all the latest portable butane offerings, especially convection ones, as I find the effects of the elev8r superb... but it's heavy on the gas. Cheers

bonghopper,

coolbreeze

I'm thinking this is the dynavap that's good for sharing - bowl big enough and hot long enough? 1/2 bowls in the hyperdyn are where I think it'll shine.
For me it's more like the M+ (big hit) than the M7 (extended hits). It doesn't have a half-bowl setting (since its purpose is to go big) but the capsule can work as one.

coolbreeze,

RedZep

Can you elaborate on your ideal setup? I'm happy with the 2020 M, with 2020 Ti tip and low temp cap and dynastash, with small, single flame torch, very tidy setup, barely ever overheats. I'm intrigued by all the latest portable butane offerings, especially convection ones, as I find the effects of the elev8r superb... but it's heavy on the gas. Cheers
I had to move past my Dynas few years ago. The small bowl, and multiple required heat cycles became a chore I wasn't happy to persist with. I moved on to other things. Tempest, SB Runt and Nova make up my current butane line up.

The Hyperdyn is the first dynavap in years that has my attention. The 0.25g bowl actually makes the multiple heat cycles, with short heat up time make sense. I think if using a torch, the Hyperdyn will be more efficient in terms of required butane/g of flower, compared to it's competitors.

However I just feel like because of the cap, and the bottleneck to fit the new tip to 8mm stems, we will get the sucking a golfball through a straw effect again. I wish they would sell a future Hyperdyn tip that didn't have the bottleneck, and would attach to a 14mm wpa with a much less restricted airflow.

RedZep,

coolbreeze

I had to move past my Dynas few years ago. The small bowl, and multiple required heat cycles became a chore I wasn't happy to persist with. I moved on to other things. Tempest, SN Runt and Nova make up my current butane line up.

The Hyperdyn is the first dynavap in years that has my attention. The 0.25g bowl actually makes the multiple heat cycles, with short heat up time make sense. I think if using a torch, the Hyperdyn will be more efficient in terms of required butane/g of flower, compared to it's competitors.

However I just feel like because of the cap, and the bottleneck to fit the new tip to 8mm stems, we will get the sucking a golfball through a straw effect again. I wish they would sell a future Hyperdyn tip that didn't have the bottleneck, and would attach to a 14mm wpa with a much less restricted airflow.
To be honest I tested this a little after reading your comment and I think the bottlenecks are really much more the cap and condenser than the neck. I tested it against a TA1 using a glass WPA and while you feel a difference with them uncapped (the neck does add restriction) it's really insignificant compared to the cap, even in its most open position. I think even with a perforated cap and a 10mm neck it would still be more restricted than a vape with an airier design like the TA. It's just the nature of the beast.

But I think the neck also represents an attempt to keep more heat in the bowl and out of the stem, like the M7's design. It works really nicely with the M7 but the Hyper is much hotter so it works less well. What I would have liked is some sort of heat sink adapter between the bowl and the stem instead of the 10mm cone protrusion that just looks weird with other tips. Then other stems would be happier with the Hyper bowl, too. And Dynavap would have a product to sell to TA owners. ; )

Shorner

I had to move past my Dynas few years ago. The small bowl, and multiple required heat cycles became a chore I wasn't happy to persist with. I moved on to other things. Tempest, SB Runt and Nova make up my current butane line up.

After testing the Hyperdyn for a couple of weeks I can say for sure both the Anvil and Tempest are better devices I do prefer the hyper to the Fusion 2 though.

RedZep

To be honest I tested this a little after reading your comment and I think the bottlenecks are really much more the cap and condenser than the neck. I tested it against a TA1 using a glass WPA and while you feel a difference with them uncapped (the neck does add restriction) it's really insignificant compared to the cap, even in its most open position. I think even with a perforated cap and a 10mm neck it would still be more restricted than a vape with an airier design like the TA. It's just the nature of the beast.

But I think the neck also represents an attempt to keep more heat in the bowl and out of the stem, like the M7's design. It works really nicely with the M7 but the Hyper is much hotter so it works less well. What I would have liked is some sort of heat sink adapter between the bowl and the stem instead of the 10mm cone protrusion that just looks weird with other tips. Then other stems would be happier with the Hyper bowl, too. And Dynavap would have a product to sell to TA owners. ; )
Ahh that makes sense. Yeah I imagine it would loose its heat too quickly if it was wide open. Thanks for that. I can stop feeling annoyed by that now.

coolbreeze

Ahh that makes sense. Yeah I imagine it would loose its heat too quickly if it was wide open. Thanks for that. I can stop feeling annoyed by that now.
Happy to help! : )

Ok, this nutty thing landed. I had my doubts that it would work...
ancient aliens face GIF

But, as Georgio expertly points out, helixing this is in fact possible. Especially with a productive roast and a slow, steady draw. ; )
IMG-9011.jpg
IMG-9005.jpg

Still working on my Woodscents technique...

Last edited:

HighTime

Thanks, coolbreeze. That all sounds great, including the MP lip being a 14mm joint! I’ll pick one up next time I order from them. I love the water piece, too!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a dozen or more VapCaps and there are probably 4 or 5 that are, while not really in my daily rotation, within reach and occasionally come out. Add to that a couple Revolves which, of course, use the DynaVap tip and cap and get a little more use than the regular VapCaps. Given that vaping is a hobby now, and not just a means to an end, I do like the variety of different vape designs to keep me entertained.

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer

ancient aliens face GIF

But, as Georgio expertly points out, helixing this is in fact possible. Especially with a productive roast and a slow, steady draw. ; )
IMG-9011.jpg
IMG-9005.jpg

Just wanted to let you know this post was what convinced me to order the helix stem, thank you. I like the sound of the unique air path gimmick.
Can't seem to find where george commented on the helix glass, but am glad to know just it comes down to practice and adaptation to lock in the right hit technique.

The BB6 stem was my first intro to glass dyna. I love the insulating nature of glass which helps IH efficency and keeping my hands from getting hot. I love that its easily cleaned and taste neutral. Design wise though, the little glass beads getting all gunked and permanently stuck together drives me absolutely crazy man. I love that the helix looks pretty open inside and easily brushed.

As time goes on I found bongs and even regular dab rigs to be just too much air path. The 14mm/8mm adapter mouthpiece isnt as important now as it was when I got the bb6. It cools enough and putting a pinner on makes it just perfect for cooling. Still nice to know that helix is 14mm compatable to put into a water piece.

Can you talk about the bubbler you showed inserting the h2 into? Looks like a great little piece. My china glass bubbler broke recently, getting tired of thin pieces that crack if you even think of putting it down the wrong way, with intricate built in bubbler stems that are impossible to clean with a brush or pipe cleaner.

Looked into the woodscents logs you have been showing off. Still relatively new to all this advanced vaping stuff, but from my experience with dynavaps I like min-maxing efficiency. Getting most bang for least amount of buck is awesome. The logs seem to be better than similarly priced ball vape kits for those preferences. The wand can deliver power a bit too quickly. I can definitely see a different heating method that helps produce vapor at a slower and more even pace. Ed does an excellent job making them look nice too, real craftsman level work. On my vaping wishlist now :) .

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Just wanted to let you know this post was what convinced me to order the helix stem, thank you. I like the sound of the unique air path gimmick. Can you talk about the bubbler you showed inserting the h2 into? Looks like a great little piece.
It's the HMK Millie rig. It's a fantastic little pipe. I got it for my Vapmans but it's just as nice with a ZX.
Also looked into the woodscents logs you have been showing off. Still relatively new to all this advanced vaping stuff, but from my experience with dynavaps I found out Im all about min-maxing efficiency. Getting most bang for least amount of buck is super important to me, and the logs seem to be more up my alley than similarly priced ball vape kits. I noticed that the wand can deliver power a bit too quickly requiring feathering it on and off. I can definitely see a different heating method that helps produce vapor at a slower and more even pace. Ed does an excellent job making them look nice too. On my vaping wishlist now :) .
Nice. I looked at them for a long time but picked the right moment I think. The 'Cool Kids' baller version is really nice, the heat lasts and it roasts evenly. The flavor stays nicer longer, etc. You can hit it hard if you like but it's also a nice sipping vape to have at hand, too. It sounds like you would probably enjoy it. : )

Last edited:

zymos

I didn’t read the previous 2508 pages, sorry.

Just came here to post for the first time in several years to say I love this thing.

I bought a Woodwynd a few weeks ago and couldn’t be happier. For reference, my daily driver was an Underdog log vape. For big tasty clouds it is pretty much perfect. But it takes 20-30 min to warm up, and obviously is not portable.
(I was also an early Grasshopper adopter, that had some potential, but lots of problems. Don’t get me started….)

But back to the Woodwynd. It feels good in the hand and looks beautiful. Not too much of a learning curve really. You can take a hit as soon as it clicks and get tasty terpenes, or keep heating for a few more seconds and get a heavier hit that still tastes great.

I’ve looked at the other models and parts, but this one seems just right.

Got a butane torch, works great but would rather not have to use cans of gas. I ordered the battery powered heater from Pipes but don’t have it yet.

coolbreeze

Xmas in July, 15% off and VerdiuMs and ObsidiuMs, colored Helix tips are available:

'21Ms rock!

RedZep

ancient aliens face GIF

IMG-9011.jpg
IMG-9005.jpg

Is that the Grav Helix Chilum? Do you think it could cool ither 8mm vapes like the Tempest?

RedZep,
Reactions: Vitolo

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Man Dynavap really likes pulling the ObsidiuM and VerdiuM colored stuff out of the vault every couple months, must have a huge surplus of em. Ive been waiting on them to put out the 21 M RosiuMs for a loong time now. Please no more black and green/yellow, I need me some crazy cosmic purple in my life.

Owners of colored M's, how do you deal with maintaining the tips and caps once they start to get gunked up and oxidized? After enough time the carbon gets so crusted into the tip and cap the ISO wont touch it and starts to stick together. I started applying sandpaper once they get that bad. One of the reasons I haven't jumped on a fancy colored M is im afraid of how im going to maintain it if I cant sandpaper the stuff that builds on the tip and inner cap down after a few months of daily hard use.

Last edited:
SmokeyDope,

coolbreeze

Is that the Grav Helix Chilum? Do you think it could cool ither 8mm vapes like the Tempest?
It's similar. It's the new Dynavap, the H2. The stem's made by American Helix Glass. It is between the length of an M and an MXL so it's not very long and it's totally wide-open so I'm not sure how well it'd cool something much hotter than a DV. I've been asked to check it with a TA but I need to find some thicker o-rings to secure it with. I'll be happy to report when I can get it together.

Man Dynavap really likes pulling the ObsidiuM and VerdiuM colored stuff out of the vault every couple months, must have a huge surplus of em. Ive been waiting on them to put out the 21 M RosiuMs for a loong time now. Please no more black and green/yellow, I need me some crazy cosmic purple in my life.
I haven't actually seen one in the wild for a long time until just now--here's one for $95US:
There was also the Pixel, if you come across one of those. They're more blue to start with but color-change like mad across the entire device, iirc. They usually change to be more like a RosiuM, with some of those colors.

Also, there's a blurple Vong (can't remember what they called it, maybe Ice-Blue or something) and the blurple Ti m+ if you can find those.
Owners of colored M's, how do you deal with maintaining the tips and caps once they start to get gunked up and plated black with carbon? Ive been applying sandpaper to my tips and caps once they get bad. One of the reasons I haven't jumped on a fancy colored M is im afraid of how im going to maintain it if I cant sandpaper down the colored parts.
I don't bother; the torch heat changes the color. I've got one pristine cap for each that I use only with an inductor and also at least one torched cap per color to share between the same colored tips. Tips I don't bother trying to clean, the color has changed and I don't think recovery is possible. For some (AzuriuMs, Pixels) the color change is a feature. That said, they also seem to change less with an IH.

Last edited:
Top Bottom