coolbreeze

Wow, that's a crazy case. No, not particularly. More curious about what stem (I think that's the term) is best for my needs since I know the dynaverse is pretty vast.
I think the consensus currently would be Revolve for best cooling metal stem; Simrells for very stylish, next-best cooling; BB series for favorite glass stem. I'm not sure how the Revolve fits a Futo/Dyna case, I don't carry mine, but I believe the Simrell and maybe the BB3 should. The Omni will, and while it won't cool as well as the other two metal stems mentioned, it is an awesome flavor machine,

Dimpled glass stems work surprisingly well for cooling--maybe the best--but metal's stronger.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: yogie

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think the consensus currently would be Revolve for best cooling metal stem; Simrells for very stylish, next-best cooling; BB series for favorite glass stem. I'm not sure how the Revolve fits a Futo/Dyna case, I don't carry mine, but I believe the Simrell and maybe the BB3 should. The Omni will, and while it won't cool as well as the other two metal stems mentioned, it is an awesome flavor machine,

Dimpled glass stems work surprisingly well for cooling--maybe the best--but metal's stronger.
So it seems the consensus is that the Revolve has the best cooling. I have some Stingers but always looking for better cooling outside of glass bc of the fragility. Is the Revolve worth the price difference? I'm in Canada so the shipping and possible duty would hurt too.

I've also heard the Revolve requires more cleaning maintenance? Also something to consider.

For home use, do the BB glass stems cool better than a Stinger?

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Is the Revolve worth the price difference?
Hard to evaluate that for another person, but the 1st gen I have does work really well for a metal cooling stem. It's not magic, but I think the consensus right. Mine at least does require more cleaning, but I think for people who really like it, it's not egregious. For home use, I think dimpled stems do work better, but I see the Stinger as something to make your metal stems cooler, whereas a glass stem usually has a wider pipe and really good turbulence. One works great by design, the other helps another design work better, I guess.

coolbreeze,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hard to evaluate that for another person, but the 1st gen I have does work really well for a metal cooling stem. It's not magic, but I think the consensus right. Mine at least does require more cleaning, but I think for people who really like it, it's not egregious. For home use, I think dimpled stems do work better, but I see the Stinger as something to make your metal stems cooler, whereas a glass stem usually has a wider pipe and really good turbulence. One works great by design, the other helps another design work better, I guess.
Hmm ok, thanks for the input.

I'm holding off on the Revolve just bc I'm not sure it's worth $100+ more than a Stinger but glass stems are cheap so probably will try them for home use.

Dumb question, do you still keep the condenser and mouthpiece inside the glass or just pull on the stem?

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Hmm ok, thanks for the input.

I'm holding off on the Revolve just bc I'm not sure it's worth $100+ more than a Stinger but glass stems are cheap so probably will try them for home use.

Dumb question, do you still keep the condenser and mouthpiece inside the glass or just pull on the stem?
most of them do not use the condenser assembly at all, just the tip on glass. The fumed glass stems that DV sells are really gorgeous and they do use the condenser, but in that case there's really no add'l cooling.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
most of them do not use the condenser assembly at all, just the tip on glass. The fumed glass stems that DV sells are really gorgeous and they do use the condenser, but in that case there's really no add'l cooling.
Nice.

Any opinion on best dimpled glass stem? I'm seeing a POTV branded one that looks decent but some complaints that the fit is a bit loose.

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

Nice.

Any opinion on best dimpled glass stem? I'm seeing a POTV branded one that looks decent but some complaints that the fit is a bit loose.
Sneaky Pete's got a handful: https://vapenorth.ca/collections/new-glass-for-dynavap

The Hulas are great and the beaded ones probably work well, too; I love the sidewinder-type ones, too. Length and turbulence are the key.

Look around for the artisan stuff, too:

I'm guessing those RWW Megas are the end game! ; )

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Sneaky Pete's got a handful: https://vapenorth.ca/collections/new-glass-for-dynavap

The Hulas are great and the beaded ones probably work well, too; I love the sidewinder-type ones, too. Length and turbulence are the key.

Look around for the artisan stuff, too:

I'm guessing those RWW Megas are the end game! ; )
Thanks! Just pulled the trigger on a couple of BB9s on sale.

hinglemccringleberry

The best of both worlds...
PXL_20221203_185440481.MP.jpg
I put in 2 screens and it hits like a dream and it's easy to clean, know what I mean?

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Vigreaux stem meant for a Milaana lol. Joined to the Simrell stem via a Pax bubbler attachment that just happens to fit the joint end of the Milaana stem perfectly on one side, and the Simrell stem perfectly on the other..

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

What would be my suggested combo for my first Dynavap.

Mainly at home use.
If money's not an issue:
Vong
FMJ
Low-temp cap
Stash
pocket-sized single flame torch
ispire wand
small/med bubbler/rig
maybe a second captive cap (FMJ duty)
maybe a std Ti or M tip, for variety

coolbreeze

These are really lovely, cool well, and are inexpensive. Just got my two first Glass Charlie stems and I love them already. @VapeFiend.com must have rowed them over themselves because they made it to the US in 3 days!
IMG-3099.jpg

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
These are really lovely, cool well, and are inexpensive. Just got my two first Glass Charlie stems and I love them already. @VapeFiend.com must have rowed them over themselves because they made it to the US in 3 days!
IMG-3099.jpg
Wow. Really nice. I've been using a Dynavap for so many years at home without considering glass.

Better late than never. My two BB9s are on the way. I wasn't so lucky on the delivery time like you were. Congrats!

coolbreeze

Wow. Really nice. I've been using a Dynavap for so many years at home without considering glass.

Better late than never. My two BB9s are on the way. I wasn't so lucky on the delivery time like you were. Congrats!
I tried a Hula I think as my first after-market stem and I was hooked. So cheap, so cool, so lovely. Lots of fun and funky variations, etc.

Enjoy your glass!

coolbreeze,

Pepeluis33

Top Bottom