Pepeluis33

I have never heard a click when moving CCD. While awaiting for the new omni to arrive, can you confirm that the the ti-tip of old omni clicks when CCD placed properly halfway?
Just have the 2020M ATM (tomorrow arrives Omni 2021, yay!), I can hear a click when the CCD hooks to the half bowl groove, of course you only can hear it when you move CCD perfectly perpendicular to the tip.

Smokey McVape

I have never heard a click when moving CCD. While awaiting for the new omni to arrive, can you confirm that the the ti-tip of old omni clicks when CCD placed properly halfway?
The CCD's have always clicked every time I make an adjustment, not always a loud click but a click none the less. If you aren't hearing a click the CCD is in the wrong position and hasn't seated properly.

Cannabiker

I find the same thing with all of my IH's.
I think the caps get to temperature BEFORE the bowl with IH's (the metal used for the caps is much thinner than the bowl) as I NEVER have this issue with a torch. This would account for the drastic difference in vapour production between the 2 techniques and after all the Vapcap was designed to be used with a torch.
I was perplexed by this discussion, with someone reporting needing to take their DV a few seconds past the click with an IH. In my IH experience, beyond the click lies fiery disaster. I'm even planning to get a low-temp cap so I can explore heating beyond the click.

Then, yesterday, Austyn Simrell was on an FB Zoom with Vapefiend,
, and he talked about his IH experience. Austyn likes thick, nearly smoky hits. He's used many of the popular IHs, and he says the only ones that offer an aggressive enough heating profile are Fluxxers. That explains why I find IH heating more powerful than a torch--I have two Fluxxers.

Yes, they heat the tip. I often pull my first hit before the first click, because I can see terp vape pouring out from around the cap from all the conduction. It's thick from the first rip.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Never been precise enough to have the CCD perpendicular during my installs to hear a click. Probably because I never bother moving them once they are in place for cleaning. Use a visual method to see if they are seated then push/test with a probe from both sides to see if they are solid. So far haven't lost a CCD in four years.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

Sorry for the late quote. So the steel rod is the tool I see in the pic above and from what I understand you use it to press the CCD from the top half way down, where it clicks and stays in place. Can you confirm that?
Yes, that is correct. The flat surface of the rod makes it easy to position the CCD into either of the 2 scores inside the tip. You can feel it (and usually hear it) when it clicks into the groove, especially on a completely clean tip. If you like to move the CCD a tool like this really helps, tho I usually keep it in one groove or the other and switch tips rather than move the CCD if I want a larger or smaller bowl.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I’m excited by the idea of a half-bowl in an M: sounds like the road to max single-pull extraction. Since this will involve playing with CCD installation, I’ll see if I can’t put together a brief vid look at Doc’s machine-screw solution. Wish me luck...

ClearBlueLou,

Severmore

Looks too good to be true? But if working, could save some a few bucks...

...link removed. Price back to normal.

Last edited:
Severmore,

Toivarita

999 Forever
For those who are subscribed to the most recent news seller.... when the fuck is the email coming to give early access to the 420 sale. I’m literally checking multiple times a day. I’m probably going to get the Orion if they re-release it.

Tabris

Ouroboros
Flash question:
to clean the tip, do you remove its o-rings or do you clean it only internally?

Tabris,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The high temp orings are pretty durable. When I clean a tip I usually throw it into ISO CCD orings and all. I don't leave it overnight but usually an hour or two and then clean it up with a qtip. I bought 25 high temp orings from a third party vendor thinking I would need many and have used only a few so far. I haven't even gone through the ones I bought direct from DV. And I have many VCs in use.

NexVision

Looks too good to be true? But if working, could save some a few bucks...

...link removed. Price back to normal.
I tried got my order in then got this email...

image.png

NexVision,
  • Angry
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Texus

Really nice discussion with Simrell in this vid:

Posting it here because most interesting part of this session was discussion of the history of his relationship with George and DV. Tho the new modular stem from Simrell also gets discussed.

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Hey guys & gals!

I think I am finally going to do it! After years of using battery powered vapes, I am going to go battery-less.

My question to you all is: which model and which year? I have heard mixed reviews about the 'Captive Cap' and don't know if I should opt for an older model of the 'M' or 'Omni' or to get the new 2021 model and simply purchase the old cap as an addition.

I will say, the POTV sale on the 2021 'M' Starter Kit for $100 looks quite tempting! But price is a non-issue, I just like the carrying case.

On a side note, I tend to get rashes when I wear cheap steel jewelry (I guess because of the nickel?) and wanted to know if that reason alone is enough to go Titanium. I have used the Mighty as well as the Arizer Air 2 with no issues, assuming their heating chambers are steel.

Thanks for any responses!

9.Fingers,
Reactions: whatitdew

Greenleaf88

Hey guys & gals!

I think I am finally going to do it! After years of using battery powered vapes, I am going to go battery-less.

My question to you all is: which model and which year? I have heard mixed reviews about the 'Captive Cap' and don't know if I should opt for an older model of the 'M' or 'Omni' or to get the new 2021 model and simply purchase the old cap as an addition.

I will say, the POTV sale on the 2021 'M' Starter Kit for $100 looks quite tempting! But price is a non-issue, I just like the carrying case.

On a side note, I tend to get rashes when I wear cheap steel jewelry (I guess because of the nickel?) and wanted to know if that reason alone is enough to go Titanium. I have used the Mighty as well as the Arizer Air 2 with no issues, assuming their heating chambers are steel.

Congrats on the decision, the carrying case will be a must down the line and is really nice. If price isn't a problem I say my opinion would be a 21omni starter with the stash, and like myself a standard cap huge difference in cloud production.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: 9.Fingers

Jah75

as far as screen setting - I used to have a ton of issues. When i switched over to the DDave titanium screens they all pretty much went away...love those things!

endof3d

Hey guys & gals!

Started off originally with a M with a Ti tip for purity reason. Purchase only Ti DV's for personal use since but have collected five karma M's that I let friends use. Not sure that SS tip poses any health risk as the cap itself is a lesser grade of SS than the SS M tip. The difference in materials are the heat up, heat retention and cool down times. Others will certainly have an opinion.

Was definitely anti captive cap (cc) until I received the 21 Vong and paired the new design Ti tip with the cc and shell shock stem with airport closed. The best DV experience so far for me.

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Thanks for the input fellow vapers!

Is there a noticeable difference in cloud production between the 'M' and the 'Omni' with the standard cap? Or is it moreso for heat up and cool down times?

I've always worried the 'M' might get too hot to hold

9.Fingers,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
I’m excited by the idea of a half-bowl in an M: sounds like the road to max single-pull extraction. Since this will involve playing with CCD installation, I’ll see if I can’t put together a brief vid look at Doc’s machine-screw solution. Wish me luck...
I will go so far as to say that I'd part with all my tips that I can't adjust to half. It seems I get about the same amount of clicks before the weed is spent either way so obviously I'd like to use less. Maybe it's in my head but I don't mind lol. More packs with the same amount will taste better and I'd bet is more efficient.

endof3d

Thanks for the input fellow vapers!

Is there a noticeable difference in cloud production between the 'M' and the 'Omni' with the standard cap? Or is it moreso for heat up and cool down times?

I've always worried the 'M' might get too hot to hold
The cc is IMO a little larger in diameter and has less mass than the standard cap. This allows more air to pass between the cap and tip as well as faster heat up clicks. Some prefer the cc and some people don't. Personal preference. The gripe is the indents them self. I custom fit the cc cap the same way I would any standard cap eliminating the annoyance of the indents. If money isn't a problem buy a standard cap to experiment with. After all, it's all about experimenting!:tup:

Top Bottom