seki

I'm dumbfounded as to what they were thinking with that VONG design :hmm:

5ac8c9e715050ef19d695fd9d0ea5d99.gif

The VONGs used to be the most artistically pleasing models.
Now, it would appear that they've decided to run screaming in the opposite direction from that paradigm.

My theory is that this is their attempt at bringing back the Woody model. There was a Dynavap live maybe a year or so back where George mentioned that they were interested in bringing back the Woody only with a different design. I think this might have been in response to a submitted question, but I can't recall. He also mentioned in the same video that they were going to re-do or tweak the Vong design. This stuck out to me because it hadn't been that long after the Hydravong was launched when he said this and given the length between it and the Nonavong, a matter of months for an update seemed really surprising.

I get that it's a stretch, but this model does bear a resemblance with "crowns" albeit much thicker than the originals, along with the wood midsection. That's all I got. I hope I'm wrong because after hearing that comment, the updated Woody was the Dynavap product "announcement" that I had the most anticipation for by far.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I get that it's a stretch, but this model does bear a resemblance with "crowns" albeit much thicker than the originals, along with the wood midsection.
What they called "crowns" in the OG Ti woodys were thin metal caps that were added to prevent the paper thin wood from splitting on the ends, like mine did. They looked chrome plated. When I contacted them about the cracking, that was their solution. They sent me a crown to force on the end that split.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If you used the regular cotton balls, as long as there isn't any stated additives I'm sure you'd be fine unthil you could pick up some organic ones or pure hemp fibers. After you hit the rosin a few times, pull the cotton out and pull it apart with your fingers, then stick it back in.

My tracking said the 12th, but now doesn't show any date. It finally left Chicago, so hopefully this week. The charger won't be here until Tuesday anyway. I'm curious what people think of the little flip door.

The flip-lid IMO may be the weakest part of an otherwise small but sturdy looking induction heater. YMMV

WSS (We Shall See)

A slide cover, perhaps?
I have been using foam ear plugs to keep out dirt and debris

Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the 2021 offerings?

I absolutely love the sparkle of the slim Omni. YMMV

PS the Sideclick and its many clones seem to be making quita a splash across the pond. According to
TD bear, however, it may well have copied some (patented) innovations from the Rover/Orion?

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My theory is that this is their attempt at bringing back the Woody model. There was a Dynavap live maybe a year or so back where George mentioned that they were interested in bringing back the Woody only with a different design. I think this might have been in response to a submitted question, but I can't recall. He also mentioned in the same video that they were going to re-do or tweak the Vong design. This stuck out to me because it hadn't been that long after the Hydravong was launched when he said this and given the length between it and the Nonavong, a matter of months for an update seemed really surprising.

I get that it's a stretch, but this model does bear a resemblance with "crowns" albeit much thicker than the originals, along with the wood midsection. That's all I got. I hope I'm wrong because after hearing that comment, the updated Woody was the Dynavap product "announcement" that I had the most anticipation for by far.

I remember the Woodies. But, a Woody this is not.

vaporculture

Earplugs is a cool trick. :tup:

I've been using small corks, cutting the heads off so they just stick out a bit, and pushing steel flat-head tacks into them so when I pull one out to use the heater, I can drop it on the magnet for safekeeping.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
😕That’s classy. :spliff:

My package seems to be in Sorda, USA— wherever that is—good news is that it moved to Wednesday, from Thursday.

Ill believe it when the package lands, anything is better than later next week. Haha

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Hotshot in the house. Getting it charged up then let the fun begin. I’m loving the size and the case is very nice for portability.

View attachment 6349
Mine as well...! :cheers:
(well, in mailbox... #11 in hands soon!!)

March 8, 2021, 4:42 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
XXXXXXXX, MA XXXXX
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 4:42 pm on March 8, 2021 in XXXXXXXX, MA XXXXX.

Sorry, @stark1.... not MY fault, massbuddy...

587efb7472d8e5f5160a9342665f7432.jpg

(hope yours is waiting for you, too!)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My HS made it to my state today. That's a good sign.
Sometimes the things you want most decide to take the local tour, hitting every state distribution center along the way.
Well, at least the charger came today.

I never even thought of covering the glass heater tube. :doh: No sabia nada

msdt

How long to U.S. delivery once your on the list for the Hotshot?

Does anyone know of a USB cable to charge the PSM?

My PSM always needs the button pushed twice, anyone else have this issue?

Any suggestions on what I could do with all the vaporizers I bought before I found Vapcap, because it makes them all worthless. To bad Vapcap wasnt the first on I tried.

Farid

My hotshot arrived here in MA today. This is my first IH, so my thoughts might not be worth much, but right off the bat I'll say that it looks great. I can't test it right now, unfortunately, but hopefully I will tomorrow.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Mine as well...! :cheers:
(well, in mailbox... #11 in hands soon!!)

March 8, 2021, 4:42 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
XXXXXXXX, MA XXXXX
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 4:42 pm on March 8, 2021 in XXXXXXXX, MA XXXXX.

Sorry, @stark1.... not MY fault, massbuddy...

587efb7472d8e5f5160a9342665f7432.jpg

(hope yours is waiting for you, too!)

It stuck, in Usorda, USA.
Congrats, Bud, its tuff here in the sticks, without a Hotshot! ;)

#16, still lost, somewhere in Usorda, USA. 🌈

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
My HS showed up today as well.
I've been charging it for an hour and a half, so it's 30-minutes to liftoff!
I was paying attention to the micro usb connection and felt the warmth that Pipes mentioned. Mine seemed to cool off right around an hour after plug in. Mine is tuned a bit more aggressive than my PSM. In no way a bad thing in my book. I’m still ogling is small size. Are we destined for a stash with an integrated IH in the future? The Hotshot makes me feel like it’s not far off.

@stark1 it could be far worse 😂 this clicks for you buddy!

Last edited:

MikeRotchHertz

Silver and black Hot Shot arrived and I couldn't resist pulling off the labels to see what it would look like (sorry Pipes). Looks pretty great either way, but figured I would share for some of you who were curious like me. Turns out they are like a vinyl sticker and left no residue.

What a great price at $115+ too. Loving this little guy so far. Feeling the USB plug in the port for warmth worked for me in determining fully charged battery.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Idle curiosity, why do some of you all think the induction heaters are so fantastic? For full disclosure I've not tried one, but I'm having a hard time imagining it doing much differently than a torch--its still a hybrid conduction/convection heater, it just might be better at getting all parts of the tip up to a consistent temp at the same time while a torch is relying on heat conduction.

I ask only because I'm curious--not attacking anyone's decisions to buy one. I think the Fluxer builds look fantastic, but I have no idea what options are out there. As a pet project I've toyed with the idea of building one on my own just to see if they are all that and a bag of chips.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Silver and black Hot Shot arrived and I couldn't resist pulling off the labels to see what it would look like (sorry Pipes). Looks pretty great either way, but figured I would share for some of you who were curious like me. Turns out they are like a vinyl sticker and left no residue.

What a great price at $115+ too. Loving this little guy so far. Feeling the USB plug in the port for warmth worked for me in determining fully charged battery.

Yeah. There's a good chance I'll pull the stickers off of mine soon as well.

I appreciate that Pipes used a kind of vinyl stickers that can be removed easily, as I've never been a huge fan of logos front and center on my gear.

*edit* I just pulled the "push here" one off already :razz:
(though, I suspect that one may have been intended to be removed)

Last edited:
Top Bottom