beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
while similar in form and concept, they are not the same... nothing delivers a more personalized/customizable experience than an open flame, imo.
This is what makes the world go around.

Because I feel exactly the same way about my IH(s). I can dial in exactly what I want consistently and easily.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This is what makes the world go around.

Because I feel exactly the same way about my IH(s). I can dial in exactly what I want consistently and easily.
Very much agree about the first sentiment... absolutely!

And I agree below to a degree, as we all (hopefully) learn to make do with what we are provided (or learn to make what we have, provide?)... but the question tho here I believe is, which method would you say is ultimately more customizable...?

("consistency" and "ease" will pretty much always be won by an IH, imo, and were purposely left out of the original statement)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
🤔 NOPE.
NUG, shor_ for nugget.
Nugs, & hugs!

marijuana pot GIF
Bud.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Very much agree about the first sentiment... absolutely!

And I agree below to a degree, as we all (hopefully) learn to make do with what we are provided (or learn to make what we have, provide?)... but the question tho here I believe is, which method would you say is ultimately more customizable...?

("consistency" and "ease" will pretty much always be won by an IH, imo, and were purposely left out of the original statement)
I feel like I can customize just as easily with IH. I can take advantage of the difference in SS & Ti tips and I have some prototype caps that never made it into mainstream that allow me another layer of customization.

And each IH has its own signature so another layer.

It’s why I love the vapcap and IH; I can go from smooth and flavorful mouth pulls on a custom wood stem with a SS tip or milking a water piece with a Ti tip on a Simrell Vortex, or...

We can all get a wide palette of vaping experiences with whichever heating source we apply to the Dynavap.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I feel like I can customize just as easily with IH.
This, but without the "ease" part and the rest was never brought into question.... you're saying an IH offers the complete range of user controlled variability as that of a single hand-held torch flame....?

Last edited:
Bologna,
Reactions: Planck

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I bought this little bastard last year. It works, but the iso still left soot on the cap. Based on @Planck's experience, I'm going to pick up some of that hydrate stuff and see if that solves the problem.
https://www.amazon.com/LANYUER-Port...NM3X/ref=dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B07B7JK1ZG&psc=1

I don't see the alcohol lamp as better or lesser. I do love my IH's and it will probably be my go-to method, but the alchy-haul lamp looks like a fun way to mix it up a bit. I get tired of the same way, everyday.

Of course, especially inside the house, you want to be careful with alcohol lamps. Easy to say when you're awake and sober, different when a good indica puts you on your ass late at night.

Late last night, when we were all in bed
Oh dear dear, she left the lantern in the shed
and when the cow tipped it over, she winked her eye and said,
it's gonna be a hot time in the old town to-nite.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
while similar in form and concept, they are not the same... nothing delivers a more personalized/customizable experience than an open flame, imo.

Exactly! I've never been able to get as good of a customizable experience with any IH that I've used, as I can get with a flame. The IHs are easier to use, simpler, and often more convenient. I use mine a lot when I am moving around and doing other things around the house. But when I have the time to sit, slow down, and pay attention to what I'm doing, I will always reach for my torch.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I recently picked up an exquisite induction heater from @Timberhead Designs. I think the discussion about customization, torch vs IH, is interesting. I also own a Pipes that I've had for a while.
I had went to IH because I got tired of filling torches and the sound of them isn't the best in all situations. I enjoyed the ease of use with IH and the quietness. I also seem to combust less than with a torch although it certainly can and does happen.

With the torch I did like being able to customize the toke by either heating the tip, middle or back. I didn't think this was as easy to with IH as I only knew about changing the length of time heat was applied.

With this new induction heater came some wood discs. The instructions explained I could/should put one in but the others can and should be used to customize the hit from the IH. You can put more than one disc to raise the height of your tip in the IH. I am experimenting with this now.

Planck

believes in Dog
thinking of getting my first lamp (UK). Do these ones look okayish? 🤔

41IoGZjQIuL._AC_.jpg

@Planck ?
Yeah this shows some promise I think. The wick is large but the neck down at the end should help to tame the flame. A wick feed tube is highly desirable for good flame and would allow one to reduce the size fairly easily if needed. 200 ml is fuel for days in my precious.
Downside you'll need a funnel to fill it.

This one looks promising to me as well.
41bCOBj-LWL._AC_.jpg

Click me.

Lawless*

I wonder if anyone is going the same AVB way as me, after many iterations:

1. Vaping in my OmniXL LowT Cap and keeping the AVB pretty green.
2. 1/3 of the AVB goes to making strong butter.
3. 2/3 of the AVB High temp vaping the AVB in A strong Vape (crafty/mighty whatever) - For those more heavy high.

Hope this helps.

peace&chaos

Lawless*,

condition

got a cheap one without battery from France to use as desktop but proved to be poor quality, the cap didn't even click twice as with apolo rover...

condition,
Reactions: stark1

vandalizedbythelotus

saw this one on reddit the other day. seems very promising.
Exactly! I've never been able to get as good of a customizable experience with any IH that I've used, as I can get with a flame. The IHs are easier to use, simpler, and often more convenient. I use mine a lot when I am moving around and doing other things around the house. But when I have the time to sit, slow down, and pay attention to what I'm doing, I will always reach for my torch.
the key is adjustable depth coil chamber, "aiming" the middle of the coil like you can aim the flame.
USA and Canada only, well that’s shite. 2 be fair I think I prefer the looks of the psm.

Very nice box shaped heaters. Wish I had one but I guess they are not available or are shipped US only...
not as pocketable as pipe's new model (size of a cigarette pack OMG!?!) but reasonably priced and in the EU/UK.
different brands but apparently the same device with 1000mAh battery.
SideClick, Katalyzer(3000mAh probably a typo), IH GO FTV, Cuboo ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom